My first attempt at painting a body.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good, chameleon paint isn’t cheap.

...chameleon paint isn’t cheap.
It's actually cheaper than you think. ;)
If I'm right it looks like @Batman has used the Tamiya Iridescent/flip paint (PS-46). Correct me if I am wrong.

Usually around $10 a can and then you'll need Tamiya black (PS-5) to go over the top to make it flip. Have a look at my build thread if you're interested as I did the same paint job to my Typhon and explain in there how it's done. (y)

It's actually cheaper than you think. ;)
If I'm right it looks like @Batman has used the Tamiya Iridescent/flip paint (PS-46). Correct me if I am wrong.

Usually around $10 a can and then you'll need Tamiya black (PS-5) to go over the top to make it flip. Have a look at my build thread if you're interested as I did the same paint job to my Typhon and explain in there how it's done. (y)
$10 a can? I want to live in America.

Sweet, I like it! Reminds me when Ford came out with paint like this on the Mustang, now that was some expensive paint.

Rattle cans are $4 - $10 on average here. The flip paint is more expensive (Spaztix?).

$10 a can? I want to live in America.
I put the price in USD because I thought you were from the US, ...I live in the UK. :D
You?

I paid about £8 plus delivery for the Tamiya PS-46 paint when I bought it to do my body shell.
Link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-P...414309&hash=item521abb9ca6:g:JGkAAOSwp49esZux

I've got a load of new paints to try at the moment from Fastrax which are bigger cans than the Tamiya ones; 150ml versus 100ml, ...most looking forward to trying this "Chrome" paint I bought. :cool:

I put the price in USD because I thought you were from the US, ...I live in the UK. :D
You?

I paid about £8 plus delivery for the Tamiya PS-46 paint when I bought it to do my body shell.
Link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-P...414309&hash=item521abb9ca6:g:JGkAAOSwp49esZux

I've got a load of new paints to try at the moment from Fastrax which are bigger cans than the Tamiya ones; 150ml versus 100ml, ...most looking forward to trying this "Chrome" paint I bought. :cool:
Canada, rattle cans here go from $8.99 for garbage paint to $24.99 for iridescent/pearl, metallics are $14-18.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back