My first Bash impact and 4 broken parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gymholix

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
this is sad
- rod is blinded
- upper and lower arms broken
- shock pad broken

Attachments

• BF1D9F0E-1B50-4DDE-BD52-B09D4C5888A7.jpeg
    BF1D9F0E-1B50-4DDE-BD52-B09D4C5888A7.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 57B3DAD2-AA10-4FC5-B9B7-8F8DC53C476C.jpeg
    57B3DAD2-AA10-4FC5-B9B7-8F8DC53C476C.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 3D7C4F50-70DF-4785-AFF1-5F31FF6EE9F8.jpeg
    3D7C4F50-70DF-4785-AFF1-5F31FF6EE9F8.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 149
  • 650C7C75-A324-40B5-AE6B-A138E01A15B9.jpeg
    650C7C75-A324-40B5-AE6B-A138E01A15B9.jpeg
    429.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 5A78B8D6-F22D-4F44-B570-A59243A1971B.jpeg
    5A78B8D6-F22D-4F44-B570-A59243A1971B.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 20E238C9-8E46-4B06-801B-FFCF7BC08D1B.jpeg
    20E238C9-8E46-4B06-801B-FFCF7BC08D1B.jpeg
    397.7 KB · Views: 137
  • DB9E68E0-D113-45CD-8F3A-BC2D22607C38.jpeg
    DB9E68E0-D113-45CD-8F3A-BC2D22607C38.jpeg
    378 KB · Views: 144
When you face plant into concrete off a mickey mouse jump, expect to break the van-hoozen-blozzen, the con-gib-e-ator, the extruder quadrant, and the quantum fixture..

In the air, stab it to correct a nose dive, throw out the hooks if its back flipping to create a good landing.
Faceplant on the concrete for my Arrma 6s rigs most likely mean for me a broken front bulkhead. Ouch.

When you face plant into concrete off a mickey mouse jump, expect to break the van-hoozen-blozzen, the con-gib-e-ator, the extruder quadrant, and the quantum fixture..
Sorry for OP’s loss.....but this quote made me laugh my arse off.......

Breaking k8s arms sucks as they are expensive. Stay away from that concrete air. Cheaper to just buy a granite blx for that than to buy arms and bumpers for the k8s every weekend.
Try and find some plastic bmx ramps on Craigslist. You need at least two to place them side by side. Sometimes they are even in the “free curbside” listings. They are great for practice and if you have 4 you can make them extended with a longer lead and raise the front up for bigger air. They are far lighter than anything you could make, holdup to the k8s, easy to transport and stackable.
Have fun!

Concrete is a no no, try to find some grass or go to a park. That face plant was hard to watch.

Breaking k8s arms sucks as they are expensive. Stay away from that concrete air. Cheaper to just buy a granite blx for that than to buy arms and bumpers for the k8s every weekend.
Try and find some plastic bmx ramps on Craigslist. You need at least two to place them side by side. Sometimes they are even in the “free curbside” listings. They are great for practice and if you have 4 you can make them extended with a longer lead and raise the front up for bigger air. They are far lighter than anything you could make, holdup to the k8s, easy to transport and stackable.
Have fun!
I jump on concrete too but not too often. Even on grass and dirt, things break when you go 20+ feet or more. Even if you nail the landings on the wheels ?

I cant think of many bash sessions which haven't been cut short on the K8S lol. It's just so much energy to be absorbed by plastic and metal parts!
TBH I hesitated on buying the K8s. I would have to buy the M2c chassis for it plus the $899 ?

Lol, chassis isnt the problem - it's mostly arms and steering components that have to carry all of that weight when things don't go quite as planned.
And I STILL just ordered a K8S. But I'm not planning to launch it to the moon like I do with my other lighter BASHERS ?

And I STILL just ordered a K8S. But I'm not planning to launch it to the moon like I do with my other lighter BASHERS ?

To be fair I wouldn't launch any of my RC's to the moon, just don't get the appeal. I like fairly good jumps whilst landing them nicely giving satisfaction.

To be fair I wouldn't launch any of my RC's to the moon, just don't get the appeal. I like fairly good jumps whilst landing them nicely giving satisfaction.
I do launch them pretty high at the skateparks but not off my ramps. If I get a backflip off my ramps, then I'm happy.

Concrete is a no no, try to find some grass or go to a park. That face plant was hard to watch.
I backfliped my K8s off the chain link fence and onto concrete 3 times today at work. I'm not going to lie, I was nervous since it's the first time I ever drive it, but I nailed them. Nothing broke. Only scratches on the bottom ??. It had to proof itself and I had to prove to it that I can rotate it and control it in the air ???

Oh man, I would never jump that thing on concrete. I’ve busted mine enough on reasonably good landings on soft grass. It’s just too heavy to be supported by the materials used in it. The plastic in the arms is like glass almost, and the thinnest part is right where it contacts the droop tab. It’s a fun car, but I am personally getting tired of holding my breath on every little driving mistake, or slightly off center landing.

I find skateparks are only good for breaking things, grass and dirt are much more forgiving.

Oh man, I would never jump that thing on concrete. I’ve busted mine enough on reasonably good landings on soft grass. It’s just too heavy to be supported by the materials used in it. The plastic in the arms is like glass almost, and the thinnest part is right where it contacts the droop tab. It’s a fun car, but I am personally getting tired of holding my breath on every little driving mistake, or slightly off center landing.
I leave most of the jumps on to concrete and skateparks to my plastic chassis monster truck rigs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back