Typhon My First Build Thread on my Typhon 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avyn Nix

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Hello Arrma forum this is my first build thread on my typhon 6s.

So far I’ve installed a exb chassis and a gpm fr hing pin brace and some hot racing front and rear skid plates.

What upgrades do you guys recommend?

26482EE5-2FA2-4EE0-A9F6-3F1A961F7A05.jpeg
E949CFDA-7965-4229-83F8-01F651A7FD3C.jpeg
image.jpg
CF364195-F3B0-4FF6-A6EE-60C9C50C3F4C.jpeg

I recommend aluminum chassis braces, especially since the typhon doesn’t have a tower-to-tower brace.
Ok which ones I’ve used the exb, hot racing, and the M2c ones the exb are the cheapest but which is the best in your opinion I personally like the M2c just hate waiting for them in the mail unlike the exb ones that I can get at my local hobby store.

Ok which ones I’ve used the exb, hot racing, and the M2c ones the exb are the cheapest but which is the best in your opinion I personally like the M2c just hate waiting for them in the mail unlike the exb ones that I can get at my local hobby store.
It probably doesn’t matter on a lightweight car like the Typhon. They’ll all be plenty strong. I’d just buy the cheapest option.

It probably doesn’t matter on a lightweight car like the Typhon. They’ll all be plenty strong. I’d just buy the cheapest option.
Ok I’ll go with the exb ones since they’re the cheapest.
image.jpg

What about the front upper hinge pin block, I see it’s plastic, has anyone had experience with and aluminum ones and which is the best bang for your buck.
Should I run it on 4s or 6s and what size pinion gear.

Last edited:
Ok I’ll go with the exb ones since they’re the cheapest. View attachment 277930

What about the front upper hinge pin block, I see it’s plastic, has anyone had experience with and aluminum ones and which is the best bang for your buck.
Should I run it on 4s or 6s and what size pinion gear.
I like using aluminum upper hingepin blocks for the way I drive (& wreck) I've found those plastic ones break & the holes get deformed really easily. Gearing really depends on how you're gonna be ripping honestly. The stock gearing is great for off road. I'd also suggest a better front bumper as well. I have the basher bumper & I also have a couple rpm front bumpers- I really like the rpm ones

Ok I have 6s batteries but no 4s so should I run 6s with like an 18t pinion?
Will you be running the electronics in the picture? Castle MMX6S and Spektrum 4274 2050kv?
Yes

Have any of you tried the perfect pass 56kg servo? So far I love mine.

It seems like a 20t pinion should get around 55mph on 4s and 6s is 75mph, however, I don’t have any 4s lipos so I’d have to buy some but I was thinking 18t pinion on 6s.
That thing will absolutely rip with that setup. Just monitor your temps to know if you have to drop a tooth or two on the pinion.

I actually changed it up and put a castle mmx8s 1617 1650kv set up in it geared 23/46 and only a 130 degrees on the motor, so I’m thinking 25t pinion.

8ACB55F0-6F38-41B2-804C-FAC4F4C2B867.jpeg

This may be a temporary ESC/motor setup because I don’t want to be killing diffs a lot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back