My first custom basher body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Be Ready

Built, Broke, Rebuilt, Repeat...
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Mojave
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
Bought a Ford raptor body for the granite… Brilliant blue and gun medal is the colors with smoked windows added my twist to the body lines… Not perfect but I’m happy for the first one… I know what to do different next time… I have a new appreciation for you guys that do this custom work all the time ??? Thank for the look.
EE640F55-5C1B-43E9-B10E-B6A4DCA4574B.jpeg
3D596C77-26B8-4B5E-9CAA-A4DE2DE90CCC.jpeg
DA44D8F1-D419-44E6-BDBA-92E9D714C279.jpeg

Did you forget to buy pins? The body is going to fall off! ;)

That's very nice work. Beautiful Ford. How did you do the lines between blue and grey? By hand with tape? Is the part that says "Be Ready Customs" a sticker or the paint?

Did you forget to buy pins? The body is going to fall off! ;)

That's very nice work. Beautiful Ford. How did you do the lines between blue and grey? By hand with tape? Is the part that says "Be Ready Customs" a sticker or the paint?

Hahaha.. I haven't put the pins in yet.. Didn't want to scratch it just yet for the pics, that will come fast enough... The logos are cut vinyl reversed. They go on first inside and taped around them. Shot the blue and pulled the vinyl and it leaves painted letters .... Backed it with the Gunmetal to make the letters pop. Big shoutout to my neighbor Rich ... He's got a badass vinyl machine and also does Custom signs and Custom pin striping on Old Hotrods. Owns a very sharp eye for detail... Was a big help showing me some of his tricks. He already wants me to do another.... So it looks like the T3S will get a custom look next....

Cool! I just did some vinyl masks too. It really looks nice having the designs in matching paint. And painting the reverse side of clear plastic makes it easy to come out so clean. Looks like professionally made graphics.

Great Job (y)

What body is that ? proline ?
And do you find 1/8 or 1/10 size fits better ?

Loving how it turned out, you sure thats your first paintjob lol

Great Job (y)

What body is that ? proline ?
And do you find 1/8 or 1/10 size fits better ?

Loving how it turned out, you sure thats your first paintjob lol

Thanks! Yes, It is a Proline 1/10 body for the Stampede. It required some extra trimming to get it to fit the Granite properly. It is my first body I've done LOL. I just took my time and watched a few videos. Peace!

What all have you done to your suspension? Looks like your wheels are running a bit wider than stock.

Body looks great.
Thanks .... It has a Full Typhon 3S suspension under it, with HR 17 mm hubs 10mm extensions and Badlands MX28's Floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back