My first lipo fire experience.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McClain210

Reaction score
Thank god it was in a traxxas haha…6th run on a zeee 7000mah 100c 4s pack and this happens. Always charge at 5amps and store after running. Idk what happened. Burned the poop out of everything and it smells horrible lol. Thank god truck was on its roof when it caught fire. Truck still runs though.

6C81AA94-B56D-449B-968A-660EC5C6FEE3.jpeg

E0600D04-1ABC-4749-970B-D417A2A390E6.jpeg

3E6FB5F9-AB17-4632-A58A-AF4A79A33710.jpeg

243273DE-9E80-41EC-B914-35062FAA73F2.jpeg

E332E405-2328-46FF-8715-A1EDE048DA58.jpeg

Wow that's crazy! I wonder why it went off? 🤔 Just another reminder of what power they have and destruction they can cause. I'm glad you're fine and that It was outside. Hopefully it didn't damage your rig much other than the shell obviously.

Last edited:
Wow that's crazy! I wonder why it went off? 🤔 Just another reminder of what power they have and destruction they can cause. I'm glad you're fine and that I was outside. Hopefully it didn't damage your rig much other than the shell obviously.
I wish I knew what caused it man…i have a new found respect for these batteries. I landed from a big jump and flipped and it went up in flames. Ibwas scared to go by it in fear that it would explode so i just let it burn till it went out.

It could’ve ended a lot worse, you got lucky that there was minimal damage. Did the lipo get punctured? I only use hardcase lipos because of the risk of being punctured.

Is that a sharp rock wedged in the fins of the servo bracket, or just debris from the fire? If a rock, maybe it punctured the battery on the landing??

If it blew up when you landed I'm willing to bet something punctured it just enough to make it go boom lol

Crap happens. That's why there is much info on care and feeding of Lipos. I had just one lipo fire. And it was a 2s 1500mah pack. new out the box. Plugged it into the charger and a smoke and lipo smell started. I threw it out of the basement quick. It happens. Lucky it wasn't a huge 6s brick! Seller sent me another no issue. Even a new lipo can fail. Always make sure a new lipo out the box does not have any sweet smell to it. If it does, the lipo wrapping is breached. Lithium polymer smells very sweet and strong. Poor QC. don't run it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back