Kraton My first new RC 6s Kraton EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drewskie

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 3s
So this is my first new hobby grade RC. All my previous ones were second hand so this is quite the trip.

Starting off I've powered mine with the Spektrum Firma 150 esc and 2050 motor I got from Jennys. I updated the firmware to the retail version and it has made a big difference.

Next came servo and for that I went with the Racerstar BL7146HV which is exactly the same as the JX 7146 servo only I found mine on sale. https://www.racerstar.com/racerstar...al-servo-for-rc-airplane-car-robot-p-358.html

For a receiver I'm using the Spektrum 6110AT with AVC. Got a good deal there too so why not right.

So now as far as add ons or modifications I've done thus far was to add the Scorched RC rear chassis brace/skid plate because I'm still 5 years old and yes, I want to see sparks.
https://scorchedparts.co.uk/collect...ts/arrma-6s-titanium-chassis-brace-skid-plate
I've also modded my body mounts to accept Pro-Line screw caps.

Future mods I plan to do very soon include the typical shoo-goo and drywall tape reinforcement and I'm really looking forward to getting the Polo Creations light kit.

That's it for now but there WILL be more.

Cheers
Drew
Kraton EXB Front.jpg

Kraton EXB Bottom.jpg

Kraton EXB Chassis.jpg

Kraton EXB ESC.jpg

Kraton EXB Motor.jpg

Th Scorched RC rear skid is long and strengthens the chassis nice. (y)I see you have to drill out the forward holes.
I would have mounted the Motor fan/HS facing up. More air flow and less debris getting into the fan. Just route the 3 motor wires on its side instead of on top. Motor mount plate just needs to be reoriented for this.

Nice rig.
Keep an eye on the screws that go into the front and rear chassis braces. They back off….use locktite.

Th Scorched RC rear skid is long and strengthens the chassis nice. (y)I see you have to drill out the forward holes.
I would have mounted the Motor fan/HS facing up. More air flow and less debris getting into the fan. Just route the 3 motor wires on its side instead of on top. Motor mount plate just needs to be reoriented for this.
What about the cage on top tho? I can't seem to sit the heatsink upright cuz the cage on top. Am I missing something?
Instead of polocreations check out Murat-rc on eBay. Really cool lights and they fit and work well. I have them on my Kraton and my 4s Outcast bodied Vorteks.
I've seen those and they are nice. Especially the rear 8s tail lights. Only thing is tho I really like the molded headlight housings.

Out of curiosity what does the firmware update do?
I've never bothered with it.

That rear skid looks sick dude, might have to grab one for my Noto somewhere down the line.

Out of curiosity what does the firmware update do?
I've never bothered with it.

That rear skid looks sick dude, might have to grab one for my Noto somewhere down the line.
Let's say you get a ESC from Jenny's or used you update the firmware to the retail Firma version because the firmware in the model specific ESC's seem to be different. Certain features aren't available like bec voltage and even punch and timing settings. I bought the esc from Jenny's and I believe it was for a Mojave. Some of the settings were greyed out when I plugged it into my pc through the card. Updated firmware and voila, no more greyed out options.

By the by everyone, if I'm wrong as to the whole retail firmware vs model specific thing please correct me. I'm basing this on the fact that I went from greyed out options to being able to select them simply by updating the firmware. I might actually be wrong.
Send it!! Break sh*t!! Fix it! Rinse and repeat.
Break it??? But why??
Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back