Vendetta My first official RC build... Vendetta mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjinaz

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Vendetta
So after building a Senton 3S from the ground up and NOT making a build post for it, I'm starting on a Vendetta build after raiding Jenny's for some of the base parts.

After I destroyed the chassis one of my Senton 3S, I ordered a couple of them from Jenny's.
They had the Vendetta chassis selling for less than $10, so a small shopping spree occurred. :LOL:

So it begins...

20211231_001015131_iOS.jpg

Got the basic parts to begin with.
Stock suspension minus the shocks. I'll be ordering better ones later.
20220102_073403933_iOS.jpg

I had a spare complete BLX slipper spur from one of my Senton builds, so I decided to use that.
Yeah it's 57T vs Vendettas 50T, but I can compensate for that with a different pinion gear.
I plan on using a 29T or 30T pinion and a 3800kV motor.
I'm not building a speed demon, just something fun to rip around the neighborhood.
My neighbors love it whenever I do speed runs with my Senton down the street.
Seriously, they get a kick out of it.
20220114_193810481_iOS.jpg

Rest of the suspension is built minus the shocks of course.

20220114_193740001_iOS.jpg

Still deciding on ride height for this one.
My streets aren't glass smooth, so I know I want at least 1/2"~3/4 " clearance.
I threw the hubs and wheels on to get an idea of how it will sit.
The stock turn buckles are garbage. You have to remove them to adjust them, so I'll be ordering metal replacements.

20220114_193851957_iOS.jpg

What's next?
I need to build both diffs and get a better steering servo. I have a stock S651 in there now.
At that point I'll have a roller.

Motor and ESC are up in the air. I know I need at least 3800kV motor for my gearing to get me to the stock 70mph range.
I can go to 4000kV and hit close to 100mph, but I think the heat generated would be too much for it.

I'm always open to suggestions.

Yes, that's my other super expensive money sucking hobby in the background. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Awesome build, can't wait to see the final results. As far input from me. I'm running a mamba x 4600kv. And haven't even hit 120 temps yet. But this is on my tamiya tt-02. Weight is probably not terribly different.. along with 64t/30p. But good luck 👍

Looking good so far, what body is going on? I converted my senton to a vendetta haven't changed the spur from 57t yet.

Looking good so far, what body is going on? I converted my senton to a vendetta haven't changed the spur from 57t yet.
Haven't decided on that yet.
I'm leaning towards the new Mustang body that Proline has for the Vendetta chassis and mounts, it's on pre-order right now.
A C8 would be my other choice.

I ordered the Mustang thought I would have it by now. I keep getting told 2 weeks.

Found a set of adjustable oil filled shocks that will fit. They're cheap, but will do until more options for the Vendetta become available.
Who knew decent 70mm shocks were so hard to find. Cheap ones are abundant.
Infraction/Felony front shocks are the closest I could find a lot of choices for. (79mm)

Finding new turnbuckles is somewhat of a pain. Will most likely have to build them myself.
The lower steering are 50mm, rear are 55mm, and front upper are 57mm.
Was hoping to find a set that had a decent range (+/- 10mm), but can only find those are longer sets. Nothing that short so far.
Nothing in the 50mm-60mm range.

Edit: Garbage... do not buy.

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 7.59.58 AM.png

Last edited:
Very hard to find 70mm , I went the cheap route for now.

I didn't see any 70mm for a road car at Yeah racing. And the mustang body released yesterday.

So after building a Senton 3S from the ground up and NOT making a build post for it, I'm starting on a Vendetta build after raiding Jenny's for some of the base parts.

After I destroyed the chassis one of my Senton 3S, I ordered a couple of them from Jenny's.
They had the Vendetta chassis selling for less than $10, so a small shopping spree occurred. :LOL:

So it begins...

View attachment 192754

Got the basic parts to begin with.
Stock suspension minus the shocks. I'll be ordering better ones later.
View attachment 192755

I had a spare complete BLX slipper spur from one of my Senton builds, so I decided to use that.
Yeah it's 57T vs Vendettas 50T, but I can compensate for that with a different pinion gear.
I plan on using a 29T or 30T pinion and a 3800kV motor.
I'm not building a speed demon, just something fun to rip around the neighborhood.
My neighbors love it whenever I do speed runs with my Senton down the street.
Seriously, they get a kick out of it.
View attachment 192756

Rest of the suspension is built minus the shocks of course.

View attachment 192758

Still deciding on ride height for this one.
My streets aren't glass smooth, so I know I want at least 1/2"~3/4 " clearance.
I threw the hubs and wheels on to get an idea of how it will sit.
The stock turn buckles are garbage. You have to remove them to adjust them, so I'll be ordering metal replacements.

View attachment 192760

What's next?
I need to build both diffs and get a better steering servo. I have a stock S651 in there now.
At that point I'll have a roller.

Motor and ESC are up in the air. I know I need at least 3800kV motor for my gearing to get me to the stock 70mph range.
I can go to 4000kV and hit close to 100mph, but I think the heat generated would be too much for it.

I'm always open to suggestions.

Yes, that's my other super expensive money sucking hobby in the background. :ROFLMAO:
Build a mod1 spool......easier than I thought it would be.turns 1/10 into speed demons...I've been running 26/38t ...trying to beat 103 with 27/38 after work today...I copied what rich did...works great so far on 6s..

I didn't see any 70mm for a road car at Yeah racing. And the mustang body released yesterday.
Shocks are shocks... and the vendetta is much bigger than a typical "on-road" car. Buggy shocks are actually what you're looking for... https://www.hobbytown.com/yeah-raci...lack-2-70mm-yea-bbg-0070bk/p1374175?v=1358514

...and for the record, the vendetta is the same wheelbase/width as no prep cars. The rear wheel wells are typically large and you might have clearance issues up front, but you should be able to make most of them work. No need to get hung up on the mustang unless that's your jam.

I am using off road shocks currently and do not like them, and disagree shocks are shocks. No one is hung up on the mustang body, just mentioned it is available. I want it as it is a 100% fit.

I ordered a mustang body last night. But its for my next infraction build in a few months.

Diffs assembled and installed.

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 8.54.02 AM.png

Almost ready... waiting for the shocks to arrive.

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 8.54.21 AM.png

I had a spare BLX100 amp ESC and 3200kV motor, so I put those in there for now.
Put on a 29T pinion to go with the 57T spur gear. Calculator shows I should be able to hit 59 mph with that setup.
Once I get the 4000kV motor, I should get above 70 mph.
Not expecting huge results, but want to get the suspension dialed in with it.
Ordered parts to build my own turnbuckles, but will run the stock ones for now. They work, so no reason not to use them for now.
Once I dial in the camber and toe, I'll transfer those measurements to the new turnbuckles when the parts get here.

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 8.54.49 AM.png

I also have a center chassis brace coming in as well.

I need to decide on a body.

Last edited:
How hard would it be to fit that mustang body on a senton? What would have to be changed?
It would require a lot of cutting and you would have to remove the side crash bars. Not worth it.

Well after the shock disappointment today, I ordered a full set of big bore 70mm shocks from Yeah Racing.
Made for off road, but comes with different level spring sets. Should be able to fine tune the ride pretty well with these.
Should be here on the 24th.

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 9.00.14 PM.png

It would require a lot of cutting and you would have to remove the side crash bars. Not worth it.

Well after the shock disappointment today, I ordered a full set of big bore 70mm shocks from Yeah Racing.
Made for off road, but comes with different level spring sets. Should be able to fine tune the ride pretty well with these.
Should be here on the 24th.

View attachment 193663
I would be interested in the fitment and how they work.

Got bored while waiting for parts and decided to modify an Infraction center brace to fit the Vendetta chassis.
Had to cut off a couple of inches, drill and tap the cut end, and then shave down the ends to fit in the existing tower slots.
I think it turned out pretty good... a bit overkill, but it's solid. :LOL:

Edit: The center bar needs to be 265mm (approx. 10 3/8") before attaching the ends.

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 9.13.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 9.11.46 PM.png

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back