My first rough draft - TPU side guards for 3s/4s LWB chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suchtragedy

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡ɯɹɐ loɹʇuoɔ ǝʞoɹq
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Felony
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Limitless
  7. Kraton 6s
  8. Outcast 4s
  9. Typhon 3s
  10. Voltage
I converted one of my Granites to a Senton and didn't have side guards for LWB so I attempted to model some in tinkercad and started taking some measurements.

This is what I got so far. It's very rough but I am pretty happy with the results considering my novice skill level and using only tinkercad completely from scratch. After perfecting it a little I will try to model some side nerf bars to also work with these.
20200313_134948.jpg

20200313_135008.jpg

I had more free time on my hands with the quarantine stuff so I came up with some printed nerf bars and mud flaps with mounts for the senton 3s project. Ran it through some light bashing today and everything seems to still be holding up.

Mud flaps design inspired by the Arrma Fury mud flaps and printed in flexible Ninjaflex. Rear mud flap mount is a carbon fiber rod with a TPU sleeve with grooves to fit centered on the rear bumper bars and flaps slide on and double as rubber caps. Front mud flap mounts are printed in PETG and secured to the TPU side guard so they can flex in a crash and hopefully won't break.

All in all I am satisfied with how things came out. Time will tell if it lasts.

20200316_160757.jpg

20200316_160552.jpg

I had more free time on my hands with the quarantine stuff so I came up with some printed nerf bars and mud flaps with mounts for the senton 3s project. Ran it through some light bashing today and everything seems to still be holding up.

Mud flaps design inspired by the Arrma Fury mud flaps and printed in flexible Ninjaflex. Rear mud flap mount is a carbon fiber rod with a TPU sleeve with grooves to fit centered on the rear bumper bars and flaps slide on and double as rubber caps. Front mud flap mounts are printed in PETG and secured to the TPU side guard so they can flex in a crash and hopefully won't break.

All in all I am satisfied with how things came out. Time will tell if it lasts.

View attachment 70241
View attachment 70242
Nice design, give it a run I want to see how it holds up ?

I think I might go back and print the nerf bars in TPU as well. I don't think the PETG ones will break but am afraid that the chassis mounting tabs they mount to will so using flexible nerf bars is probably safer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back