My first Typhon accident, Tie rods and Turnbuckle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsw9090

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
So I had my first accident with my 1/8 Typhon, and need to replace Suspension arms, shocks, and tie rod/turnbuckle.

I've found quality parts for all of the parts except tie rods and turnbuckle.. ive looked on jennyrc, and they aren't in stock, and wondering if anyone knew of a site with good quality in stock?

Horizon Hobby has them. Go to Arrma-Rc.com and look up your rig. Get into the Interactive blow up diagram and look for every single part you broke. Stock parts are just fine. As you drive better, less will break. Also, very cold weather makes all the plastics break easily. Will literally shatter like glass in freezing temps. It's why I don't run in cold weather or in water any more. Costs too much. ;)
I hope you didn't slam it with all Alloy upgrades. Not always necessary and can work against you, causing more $$ parts to break. For example, the wing mounts need to flex. Protects the rear of the rig. Alloy wing mounts are no good for this reason. Will cause the rear $shock tower$ and rear $bulkhead$ to break. They do break at times, again especially in the cold. RPM Nylon wing mounts are an alternative upgrade to the stockers. Boil them in water for 10 min. And they will remain more flexible than the stock ones. But stock is fine also. IMHO. Depend how hard you drive.
Looks like user error got the best of your rig. Is what it is. You are not alone.:cool: 6s Typhon is one fast rig. Hit things and it will break easily. Drive cautiously in the beginning. Slow it down a bit?
Just a tip. Save some coin.
How did you break the shocks??? What parts actually broke? Just get the parts and rebuild the shocks. 6s shocks are very strong to begin with. What were you doing when you broke everything?
JennysRC may not always make $sense$ if you just need a single part here and there to rebuild a component. Been there.
Good luck.
Get back.
:cool:

Last edited:
So I had my first accident with my 1/8 Typhon, and need to replace Suspension arms, shocks, and tie rod/turnbuckle.

I've found quality parts for all of the parts except tie rods and turnbuckle.. ive looked on jennyrc, and they aren't in stock, and wondering if anyone knew of a site with good quality in stock?
I have also had good luck here, https://www.ebay.com/str/lumidave35. There are a few kit breakers out there

Horizon Hobby has them. Go to Arrma-Rc.com and look up your rig. Get into the Interactive blow up diagram and look for every single part you broke. Stock parts are just fine. As you drive better, less will break. Also, very cold weather makes all the plastics break easily. Will literally shatter like glass in freezing temps. It's why I don't run in cold weather or in water any more. Costs too much. ;)
I hope you didn't slam it with all Alloy upgrades. Not always necessary and can work against you, causing more $$ parts to break. For example, the wing mounts need to flex. Protects the rear of the rig. Alloy wing mounts are no good for this reason. Will cause the rear $shock tower$ and rear $bulkhead$ to break. They do break at times, again especially in the cold. RPM Nylon wing mounts are an alternative upgrade to the stockers. Boil them in water for 10 min. And they will remain more flexible than the stock ones. But stock is fine also. IMHO. Depend how hard you drive.
Looks like user error got the best of your rig. Is what it is. You are not alone.:cool: 6s Typhon is one fast rig. Hit things and it will break easily. Drive cautiously in the beginning. Slow it down a bit?
Just a tip. Save some coin.
How did you break the shocks??? What parts actually broke? Just get the parts and rebuild the shocks. 6s shocks are very strong to begin with. What were you doing when you broke everything?
JennysRC may not always make $sense$ if you just need a single part here and there to rebuild a component. Been there.
Good luck.
Get back.
:cool:
So I've got the 3s, and the shock broke at the top and split the end of the shock open, I was going to upgrade to the 6s lol.

The suspension arm split in half, and the tie rod got bent and broke the arm on one end.

As far as how it broke 110% user error. Misjudged and did not turn enough to avoid something while driving, and im still definitely learning how to drive/play with the new toys lol

^^^ +1
Ok got ya. We all been there.:)
When you said 1/8 Typhon, I thought you were referring to the 6s Typhon wanting the 6s shocks and all.
You have a 4x4 Typhon. Yeah, they break more easily. Much more plastics throughout.

Last edited:
Absolutely! I know I'd seen the shocks thread and suggested to upgrade to the 6s, and okay, I know it was typhon blx 4*4, I just got it like 3 weeks ago lol, and this is my first rc. I definitely enjoy it!

And I was able to talk the wife into this one a lot easier first :) but she has laughed each time whenever I tell her something else broke lol

Go to www.JustBashitRC.com and look under "New Take-Off Parts". Sometimes he has good deals on parts they take from cars they've broken down. You may not be able to find each part separately but he'll sell a whole section such as the steering rack with the turnbuckles attached. He's a little more pricey than Jenny's but he has things that are hard to find in other places because most people don't think to look in this section on the site since his upgrade parts are so popular.

If you continue to have a problem with turnbuckles, Lunsford Titanium turnbuckles are an excellent upgrade. They are expensive, so it may not be worth it unless you are consistently bending/breaking turnbuckles. I was constantly bending stock turnbuckles, so the Lunford's were a very worthwhile upgrade. I did manage to bend one slightly, but the rest have survived everything I've thrown at them. Lunsford has a lifetime guarantee and replaced the bent one for free.
https://lunsfordracing.com/collecti...kle-kit-for-arrma-infraction-limitless-typhon

I know I've got all of my parts ordered, they are coming in this weekend, but I won't be getting into it probably until at least next weekend, I'm just getting stock turnbuckle right now with a few extra lol.. but I'm definitely enjoying my new hobby now, even though I have things to fix already lol

I got all the parts in, and got them installed yesterday, just waiting for the weather to clear up a little more, then I'll go back out and mess with the car :)

Also, i talked my wife into getting a car, she got a unassembled kit car, so we have a project there too :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back