My friend called and asked me if I wanted to test a lithium battery. Then he showed up with this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
....and wouldn't leave until I drove it hard.
I'm blown away. It's been 30 years since I felt like this under acceleration...and never this fast. An absolute rocket. I never knew they had all this potential.
He's coming back next week so we can go pick up my old man and let him drive it.

Nice car, you will definitely need to keep us updated on your next run with it.

It is the Performance Package model and I went to 70mph from a stand still. Definitely blew my hair back.
I've done no research on these vehicles because I like gas powered (2-door) hot rods and honestly just wrote it off as something I don't think I care about. In 4 seconds, I changed my mind. Not to mention the weight distribution, handling / steering feel around corners, AWD, HUD, comfort, ....even the sound system. I'm amazed.
edit: didn't even touch the brake pedal. The car is setup in his profile to brake when the accelerator isn't depressed. What a trip....

Sounds really nice actually.
Now if there was a truck that can haul 3 horses 400 miles without a charge I would be in.

Now if there was a truck that can haul 3 horses 400 miles without a charge I would be in.

I called my dad and told him something similar. "I wish it were a truck" lol

I'm blown away. It's been 30 years since I felt like this under acceleration...and never this fast. An absolute rocket. I never knew they had all this potential.
He's coming back next week so we can go pick up my old man and let him drive it.

Wait til you 'drive' it with a tablet - that'll really flip your lid!

View attachment 46112
View attachment 46113
View attachment 46114
I drove one once, and I'm not sure if it was the acceleration or just the fact that it feels numb in your hands, but it gave me the worst case of what felt like vertigo I've ever experienced. I know this is the future, but not hearing an engine rev up and the feeling in your body as it does, just can't be replaced when I'm driving. Maybe I'm a good candidate for autonomous transport, cause I'm hard pressed to ever want to drive an all electric car. I'm not taking anything away from how ridiculously quick it was. Like being in a sling shot is the only thing i could compare it to.

I drove one once, and I'm not sure if it was the acceleration or just the fact that it feels numb in your hands, but it gave me the worst case of what felt like vertigo I've ever experienced. I know this is the future, but not hearing an engine rev up and the feeling in your body as it does, just can't be replaced when I'm driving. Maybe I'm a good candidate for autonomous transport, cause I'm hard pressed to ever want to drive an all electric car. I'm not taking anything away from how ridiculously quick it was. Like being in a sling shot is the only thing i could compare it to.

Maybe that's why he suggested we keep the stereo on. It was Tom Petty. lol

The Atlis XT with the 500 mile battery option sounds like the one you are looking for. (we know it wont go full 500 miles)

https://evbite.com/5-upcoming-electric-trucks/

I am sure Tesla won't be outdone in their own market segment. Anxious to see what they come up with. No one has done towing with electric cars in the way that a truck owner would. It will be interesting to see how they hold up (heat issues, mileage ratings etc)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back