Kraton my friend is planning getting a kraton v4 im. A bit worried

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
My friend is selling e revo 1.0 because he only caused him problems non stop. Here the kraton is 800$. He sounds really happy about getting the kraton 6s. But i heard a lot of "issues" out of the box from the 6s line from bending chassi to stripped screws because locktite. Breaking rod ends and shock mounting screws. Any upgrades recommanded to eliminate most of this issues or im the only me making this story lol. I recommanded him the granite because i know its almost bullet proof out of the box and cheaper to fix and upgrade(400$)
He already spend like 1000$ on the junky e revo 1.0 he stripped is diff almost every 2 weeks i don't want him to have to upgrade is kraton when its going to reach close to 1000$

Last edited:
My friend is selling e revo 1.0 because he only caused him problems non stop. Here the kraton is 800$. He sounds really happy about getting the kraton 6s. But i heard a lot of "issues" out of the box from the 6s line from bending chassi to stripped screws because locktite. Breaking rod ends and shock mounting screws. Any upgrades recommanded to eliminate most of this issues or im the only me making this story lol. I recommanded him the granite because i know its almost bullet proof out of the box and cheaper to fix and upgrade(400$)
He already spend like 1000$ on the junky e revo 1.0 he stripped is diff almost every 2 weeks i don't want him to have to upgrade is kraton when its going to reach close to 1000$
You're friend should join and read through the wealth of information we have here.

I don’t think there are really any “issues” out of the box. Upgrades that can be done to toughen it up, sure. Maybe open up the diffs, and replace all bearings with fast Eddy’s but that’s it. I beat on mine for 2 weeks completely stock before I broke anything and that was just a shock rod end, what’s that, 10 bucks for a whole pack. I’ve never stripped a screw, if you’ve got good tools you shouldn’t either. And if you’ve got good throttle control in the air you won’t bend a chassis unless you rich duperbash it. But at that rate you definitely want aluminum chassis braces. My 6s kraton is proving to be an unstoppable animal.

There no such thing as an unbreakable RC. Unless you limit yourself to running on flat grass or dirt in a wide open space at slow speeds where it's impossible to hit something, it will eventually need to be repaired. Just look at the damage and associated repair cost of your 4s rig.

If your friend is scaping together every last penny to buy the Kraton 6s, I'd suggest he buy a less expensive vehicle so he has money for repairs and upgrades. Or he could upgrade his e-Revo diffs to the 2.0 version and that would be the end of his diff problems.

Do t
I mean if that’s his preference. I used my stock one for weeks with no problems. Only switched to dx5c so I could add my other cars to it and have only one remote
don't leave it a your bash spot like someone else I know??

I ran my Outcast for months without issue, and if there was one it was usually my fault. Yeah I ended up spending thousands on upgrades but that was not because of breaking. The only problem I was having was chewing thru front diffs, which stopped when I replaced the bulkhead. The reason, a stripped diff door screw, again my fault. Oh, and good luck to your friend selling that V1 ERevo. I had a fully upgraded 2.0 that I just gave to my step-son for his 14th birthday. I kept it in the family, because it's a good truck with a bad rap from either people that abuse RCs and think they should be unbreakable. Or keyboard bashers who are regurgitating someone else's opinion. Therefore I would have never gotten close to what I put into it.

If your friend is scaping together every last penny to buy the Kraton 6s, I'd suggest he buy a less expensive vehicle so he has money for repairs and upgrades. Or he could upgrade his e-Revo diffs to the 2.0 version and that would be the end of his diff problems.
Kind of requires a 2.0 roller as the diffs won't swap. Which then also need the 2.0 arms, axle carriers and cvd's.

I have the carcass of a 1.0 in my closet. Can still use the RPM arms/axle carriers, diffs, axles on my nitro revos, but none of that is compatible with the 2.0.

I've been having really good luck with my ERBE since I bought a 2.0 roller and transplanted the upgrades I could. I wanted to run 6S in it and I knew the v1 would not hold up. So far, the V2 has been holding up really well. That might be an option your friend wants to try instead. Rollers can be had for $250 or so on ebay.

Arrma 6S rigs are solid. If you drive well and don't hit objects and land every jump if you "send it", bone stock will last you awhile. I'm not a skilled driver and I don't land all of my jumps on all fours and I've only had a few minor breaks. I have 4 6S rigs and they all amaze me at how tough they are. All the upgrades people talk about are an effort to make these things bullet proof and that's part of the fun, but I'd argue it's not necessary.

There no such thing as an unbreakable RC. Unless you limit yourself to running on flat grass or dirt in a wide open space at slow speeds where it's impossible to hit something, it will eventually need to be repaired. Just look at the damage and associated repair cost of your 4s rig.

Right? My SCX10II does like 5mph but I still managed to break the faux hitch off of it.

Kind of requires a 2.0 roller as the diffs won't swap. Which then also need the 2.0 arms, axle carriers and cvd's.

I have the carcass of a 1.0 in my closet. Can still use the RPM arms/axle carriers, diffs, axles on my nitro revos, but none of that is compatible with the 2.0.

I've been having really good luck with my ERBE since I bought a 2.0 roller and transplanted the upgrades I could. I wanted to run 6S in it and I knew the v1 would not hold up. So far, the V2 has been holding up really well. That might be an option your friend wants to try instead. Rollers can be had for $250 or so on ebay.
He doesn't want to buy any traxxas anymore i recommanded him the v2 but he doesn't want

He doesn't want to buy any traxxas anymore i recommanded him the v2 but he doesn't want

Team Redcat TRMT8E BES6/ Team Magic E6 BES
/end thread.

Ask bickety he tell you all bout it
@GUNSnWHISKEY

I left my DX5C at the spot I was bashing at. I didn't realize it until the next day and by that time someone had taken it. The radio was maybe 4 months old. The was well over $150 down the drain. For some reason @Outcastblxnut thinks it's joke worthy. You got me. But there's the story. And yes, it a sh!ty one.

I guess the Kraton or Arrma 6s line is the best RTR 6s rc out of the box but certainly not perfect.
I have never seen a perfect RTR rc from any brand or scale, everything has it's flaws.
It's all about price vs. value and Arrma is the current winner in my opinion.

One advice for your friend: Only buy the rc car if you can buy it twice.
But hé, he owned an e-revo so he knows ;)

I really like my redcat be6s/TM bes. I love the body but I want to change the body color and buy a clear one.

I guess the Kraton or Arrma 6s line is the best RTR 6s rc out of the box but certainly not perfect.
I have never seen a perfect RTR rc from any brand or scale, everything has it's flaws.
It's all about price vs. value and Arrma is the current winner in my opinion.

One advice for your friend: Only buy the rc car if you can buy it twice.
But hé, he owned an e-revo so he knows ;)
Good tip
Nobody carries redcat parts over here so meh he wont like the idea.

You can guess from my name that i used to be a traxxas fan boy, used to be that is. I bought a kraton and traxxas was history. My granite and kraton are superior in every way to any traxxas. As with any rc out of the box i would always re lock tight the screws but there really isn't a better brand then arrma out there right now. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back