My go at the DIY ramp!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC DUDE81

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Outcast 4s
  8. Senton 6s
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
  11. Typhon 3s
Big shout out to @bicketybam. He inspired me to "try" to build my own ramp. ?Not totally finished but it does a major sending when hit with speed! I made the angle and run up to my specs almost copying my custom plastic ramps but a smoother launch. I also angled the rear out for more bracing and will be putting on a metal carpet transition at the bottom to smooth the entry. This one is 28 inches tall and 6 1/2 feet long. I used lightweight wood to keep it light as possible. Still needs final bracing and paint but works well!?

Attachments

• 20190531_171228.jpg
    20190531_171228.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 20190531_171244.jpg
    20190531_171244.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 76
Big shout out to @bicketybam. He inspired me to "try" to build my own ramp. ?Not totally finished but it does a major sending when hit with speed! I made the angle and run up to my specs almost copying my custom plastic ramps but a smoother launch. I also angled the rear out for more bracing and will be putting on a metal carpet transition at the bottom to smooth the entry. This one is 28 inches tall and 6 1/2 feet long. I used lightweight wood to keep it light as possible. Still needs final bracing and paint but works well!?
That is super sweet! Nice job! ????

Can't wait to see it in action on the YouTuber!

Thanks bro! ?

Thanks Ed! It's definitely not easily transportable to bash sites but it was fun building it!!:p?

While you were building that awesome ramp, I spent the last two days building tables for my front deck, lol ?

20190601_172924.jpg

@RC DUDE81 ... Mean looking ramp, looks like a send it ramp..!! big distance and bigger speed..???

Can't wait to see the vid featuring this ramp..!! That one will definitely beat 126 feet..???

Nice! I was going to build one today but it would be to heavy to take to where we bash at and the yard is too small. I need to find decent plastic ones, if there is such a thing.

Now that you hit that new distance record I remember seeing in one of your latest videos, how the hell are you gonna measure the new height records you're gonna set with this new ramp:ROFLMAO:?

Now that you hit that new distance record I remember seeing in one of your latest videos, how the hell are you gonna measure the new height records you're gonna set with this new ramp:ROFLMAO:?
That's easy, grab a range finder out of your hunting gear...better be quick! ?

Use Bam's method, hit tree limbs then you're "oh damn" high.

Last edited:
Holy poop that’s a big ramp
If you've ever watched the Dude jump, he does some BIG jumps. He's a YouTube Mega Star too.
My wife is gonna be one soon. I'm gonna sit back behind the camera and rake in the dough.???

When we get rich we're gonna buy a big compound and along with my other toy areas we'll have the bestest RC area in the world and ALL the YT Mega Stars will come from all over and put on the biggest bashfest ever, probably be on FS1 and soon become an Olympic event.
We'll have a ? jump to see who can jump the most???.

If anyone is still wondering, yes it's raining here and I'm locked in the house with bottles of happy pills.............and Seagram's VO Gold.

Sorry, I got caught up in the moment???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back