Granite My #Granite 3s BLX - Hop-Ups! ( Aluminum shocks and Street tires + more )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
First, let's start out with what type of tire I went with and why. I got a set of the Bandito ST 2.8 Mounted Tires since I do a lot of bashing in the Skate Parks that are around town! I hope these tires don't balloon as the stock ones did! I have already been through a pair of the stock Arrma tires that come in the truck. When I was running it on a 3s battery it literally ripped the tread right off the tire, so I thought it was time to buy some real street tires! I will be uploading a review on my Youtube channel on these tires and how they perform after I get a chance to have a run with them on Friday!

DTXC5201_a0.jpeg

Last edited:
Those are going to be very small on a Granite. They would be better fitting on a Senton. They are ST sized, not MT sized, as would be fitting for a Granite.

Let us know how you like them once you get a few runs on them.

Sorry it was a Typo, they are the MT Bandito MT 2.8 Mounted Tires,Black 14mm Hex (2) (DTXC5250)
That’s a relief. I have the buggy Banditos for my Typhon (not the MT or ST versions) and they have a ton of traction. I hope that’s what you were hoping for. They will balloon on 3S or higher. They also traction roll a lot on asphalt.

I also look for road tires and I will give the opportunity to these tires ... these duratrax look good ... but I heard that these tires have a lot of wooble ... let's know what they are in practice ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190724-195628_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190724-195628_Chrome.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 73
@Mk_Rc, yes I will have to take look at those as well. I went with a set of the Banditos since I like to do a lot of bashing @ my local Skate Parks and a lot of street riding where I live in FL. Anyhow, I only run my truck on 2s batts at all of the skate parks anyhow. I think these thick dogs are going to perform very well especially in Skate bowls and on the Street!. Ones I get a few runs out of them I will upload a short video on and give ya my opinion.

i am looking forward to see how they perform...i mostly run on 3s lipo...i will buy rpm 3s typhone arms and put them on my granite to get wider stance...now i am running proline badlands mx 2.8...but i don't want to destroy this tires on asphalt, so looking for decent quality on road tires

i am looking forward to see how they perform...i mostly run on 3s lipo...i will buy rpm 3s typhone arms and put them on my granite to get wider stance...now i am running proline badlands mx 2.8...but i don't want to destroy this tires on asphalt, so looking for decent quality on road tires

@Mk_Rc - nice! No worries, I will be uploading a video as soon as I get them in on Friday. I can't wait to upgrade my shocks as soon as my vendor gets in some more Typhon 6s shocks since those are basically almost a drop-in replacement for the #Granite. Got to find a front and rear pair.

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
@Mk_Rc - nice! No worries, I will be uploading a video as soon as I get them in on Friday. I can't wait to upgrade my shocks as soon as my vendor gets in some more Typhon 6s shocks since those are basically almost a drop-in replacement for the #Granite. Got to find a front and rear pair.

Ok tnx ? I also upgraded my granite with typhoons 6s shocks and is day and night in difference ?

Were they hard to install? I am trying to look for a set now! I found a set that is used on ebay for the rear but still needs a set for the front.

Were they hard to install? I am trying to look for a set now! I found a set that is used on ebay for the rear but still needs a set for the front.

look on jenny rc on ebay store...they restock in thursday and if you have luck you can grab set of 6s typhone shocks...no you just put in hole nitro fuel tube and some spacers on each side. And you good to go ?

That’s a little high. I grabbed my 2 sets last week from JRC for $128 ($64 per set).

View attachment 43851

Just picked up a brand new pair of Typhon 6s Shocks rear only since that was all that was available.
The front ones should be coming in next week or so per my source.
Typhon 6s Shocks rear Only set.JPG

I use them on my Senton. I like them, very grippy.
How do they perform on the street? For my #Grante, I got the Bandito's MT..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back