Granite My #Granite 3s BLX - Hop-Ups! ( Aluminum shocks and Street tires + more )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally made some time and got my new RMP A-ARMS installed on both the front and rear and I installed my new upgraded #Typhon 6s BLX shocks front and rear on my #ARRMA #Granite 3s BLX 4x4 Truck.

Arrma HopUps.jpeg

Here is a Rear Shot of my #Granite BLX w/ my new Shocks w/ Bandito street tires
back shot.jpeg

Did my first speed run today with my #Granite BLX truck! I was able to reach 70KM which equals right under 44MPH which is not too bad but still a little on the slow end. The reason why I was getting only 44MPH out of the few I took, I notice my steering was leaning to one side. Long story short , i somehow must have bust these pcs that connects to my axel. Does anybody happen to know a part number or what this pcs is called that i broke? Please see below and let me know your thoughts - jondilly1974 , arrmadillo, Mk_Rc

T

Last edited:
Finally made some time and got my new RMP A-ARMS installed on both the front and rear and I installed my new upgraded #Typhon 6s BLX shocks front and rear on my #ARRMA #Granite 3s BLX 4x4 Truck.

View attachment 45154

View attachment 45155
Did my first speed run today with my #Granite BLX truck! I was able to reach 70KM which equals right under 44MPH which is not too bad but still a little on the slow end. The reason why I was getting only 44MPH out of the few I took, I notice my steering was leaning to one side. Long story short , i somehow must have bust these pcs that connects to my axel. Does anybody happen to know a part number or what this pcs is called that i broke? Please see below and let me know your thoughts - jondilly1974 , arrmadillo, Mk_Rc

View attachment 45158

View attachment 45159

T
AR330469 steering block

Upgrade to the HR C-hubs and steering blocks. I also see that HR has aluminum arms now for the 3S line.

@jondilly1974 I already bough and installed set of the RPM A-arms already, so I would just need the steering block like what Roger G. posted - the #AR330469 Arrma part number! I don't think I want to spend much more into this truck and get the Aluminum steering blocks but you know me, I will probably order them. lol

Yeah the c-hubs and steering blocks were some of my first upgrades. I busted my steering block on probably my third pack.

Instead of adding the hot racing ones, I just pulled the trigger on the stock ones from ARRMA! I was always wondering why I could never keep this truck straight on a 3s Lipo, b/c one of the STEERING BLOCKS was busted and I did not even know! Unreal.
THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR INPUT :)

Last edited:

View attachment 45154

View attachment 45155

View attachment 45158

View attachment 45159

T
Think those tires and wheels look sweet on the Granite, and the shocks take it to the next level. Them 2 upgrades are on my radar. Glad you got the steering block issue sorted out!

Think those tires and wheels look sweet on the Granite, and the shocks take it to the next level. Them 2 upgrades are on my radar. Glad you got the steering block issue sorted out!

Those Bandito tires are awesome when your are running it on the street b/c they are super sticky and they handle pretty awesome!!
Now - For my Off-raod tires, I think I am going try out a pair of these below, since i am a big Duratrax fan. What is your goto off road tire guys?

DuraTrax - Six Pack MT C2 (DTXC5257)

Last edited:
These tires are awesome when I am street bashing at the local skate parks and they look pretty awesome!! Quick question - whats your favorite off road tire on the market guys?
Badlands MX28

Badlands.. no question.

Attachments

• 15655265549174517357121826671424.jpg
    15655265549174517357121826671424.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 15655266149985369564596567812403.jpg
    15655266149985369564596567812403.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 84
Those Bandito tires are awesome when your are running it on the street b/c they are super sticky and they handle pretty awesome!!
Now - For my Off-raod tires, I think I am going try out a pair of these below, since i am a big Duratrax fan. What is your goto off road tire guys?

DuraTrax - Six Pack MT C2 (DTXC5257)

View attachment 45215
Glad you like the Banditos for the street. Hope not too sticky and traction roll in corners. Will they power slide on corners on asphalt/concrete?

As far as offroad, I concur with the Badlands.

Last edited:
Finally figured out why my right front right wheel was always leaning inwards - well its b/c i BROKE the AR330442 C-HUBS and did not even know it! I just new there was something wrong with my truck but could not figure it out.. Anyways, I took it apart and installed and replaced the entire hub. I just got the Arrma BIG ROCK 4x4 3s BLX - HUBS, bearings front/Rear Uprights granite #AR102711 off a ebay seller and just rebuild it.
Before:

One on the left is busted and the 1 on the left is the one i GOT Off ebay!
New Parts.jpeg

Now this is what my truck looks like with the new parts installed!

Got my hubs and bearings installed in about 20 minutes with was no big deal. Then I had a mini bash session in front of my house.
This was my very first run with the new #Typhon BLX 6s upgraded shocks on my #Granite BLX 3s 4x4 truck and i AM very impressed!

I think I broke my C-hub in my second lipo pack. It was my first breakage ever. I bought the HR aluminum hubs and steering blocks after that.

This is getting annoying w/ this #GRANITE #BLX #3s 4x4 truck! I think I broke something myself b.c my truck just has a way to much slop in my camber! It almost feels like I might have bent the axel on the #GRANITE. The A-Arms is ok but there is some sort of issue on my right front side! It's way looser than the left side as you can see from the picture below. What are your thoughts and opinions on what my issues is w/ this right front side? I even replaced the new 14mm hex adapter that goes on the axel.

thumbnail.jpg

Either the C-block is broken or your missing the screw on the bottom of the c-block that holds the hub in place.

Either the C-block is broken or your missing the screw on the bottom of the c-block that holds the hub in place.
Thanks mate! Its Probably missing the screw! Darn it, can't seem to find it but I will have another look later tonight after I play around with my new 2018 #ARRMA #6s #BLX #KRATON for a nice bash session -:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back