Granite My #Granite 3s BLX - Hop-Ups! ( Aluminum shocks and Street tires + more )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the look and I cant wait to heard for the feedback from the test...this duratrax tires look same as bandito, does anybody try this one?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190727-092211_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190727-092211_Chrome.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 51
My best guess is these are older models and have been discontinued. They aren’t on the current Duratrax website. They are also no longer stocked on Amazon and other popular places. Reviews say they don’t hold up to speed runs. They look cool tho ??

@jondilly1974 @Mk_Rc - got ya all covered! Installed these beasts last night and I am just about ready to hit the local skate park. When I do my runs I run a 2s battery since the 3s is way to fast and is not needed. I am going to ride them in the bowl that they have available, probably first and hit some jumps next! Then, I am going to put in my Dynamite 3s 5000mAH 11.1v in there and see how my #Granite performs in a massive high school parking lot by my house which will be the real test on how well they perform. Can you believe they weight on these 4 tires with the rims how they come from HH weight is over 4 pounds, now that's a lot of rubber... #Banodito #MT

DuraTrxx Tires#1.jpeg

Last edited:
Tires are awesome and any time I am on the street these will be my go to's! Unreal, just took out front before my session at my local skate park and was running on a 2s battery and when I flipped it over I broke the stock front suspension arm, Darn it, was looking forward to the skate park later today! I HAD TO go to RPM RACING and grabbed a pair for the front and back since they are much stronger than your stock ones. Hopefully, these will hold on me a little better than the ones that come on the BLX TRUCK. FYI - The Banditos tires are off the charts.
Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 2.12.53 PM.png

Tweaked my Right front Axial.jpeg

Last edited:
My best guess is these are older models and have been discontinued. They aren’t on the current Duratrax website. They are also no longer stocked on Amazon and other popular places. Reviews say they don’t hold up to speed runs. They look cool tho ??

The "speedtreads" line isnt a Duratrax Tire.. Selling website made a mistake there.. Those are branded "Dynamite" they have a whole line of em..

Rpm a arms is definitely on my upgrade list. Do you try on 3s, do they balloons a lot? Like to see a video ?
I just found out RPM doesn’t stand behind their products and tell you to fix the issue yourself instead of replacing a warped item.

These Bandito tires are awesome for any street bashing! I like running them on a 3s battery in a open high school parking that I have by my house!
This is nice to heare...thank you for your feedback ?

@jondilly1974 thats not good but i didnt heard from lot off people to talk about that problem...i will go with rpm arms and see what would happen ?

Mk_Rc, jondilly1974 - Boom, my rear Typhon 6s BLX rear shocks came in today! Now, I just need a set of front ones for my upgrade to my #Granite #BLX 4X4 Truck and I will be in business and finally be able to ditch those plastic ones that come stock!
Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 7.04.49 PM.png

AimlessRC, Mk_Rc,
Right on!!! Can you believe Ted listed a pair last night and they sold in 2 minutes after he had listed them on his website! Grrrr!!!
I sent in a request to Ted so that the next time they get in a front set of the 6s Typhon shocks, they will have my name on it.
Got the rear as I mentioned above but still need the front to do my shock upgrade replacement. Since they are the only true drop-in replacement for probably the most popular truck on the market due to the price of the #Granite BLX, my vendor sells them faster then he can list them. lol

Last edited:
Make sure you let us know. I’m curious to how much they traction roll vs power slide.
It's very tough to flip her that's how sticky these tires are they are unbelievable. Ones I get my new upgraded heavy-duty front and rear suspension arm that I broke when I hit my mailbox at about 40 and broke it. I used my phone for a Speedometer and I was able to get around 42MPH+ on a 3s Lipo 5000mah with these wheels. i am going to be placing an order for a Dynamite DYN4401 GPS Speed Meter & Tracker so I can show everyone my runs with these tires.

It's very tough to flip her that's how sticky these tires are they are unbelievable. Ones I get my new upgraded heavy-duty front and rear suspension arm that I broke when I hit my mailbox at about 40 and broke it. I used my phone for a Speedometer and I was able to get around 42MPH+ on a 3s Lipo 5000mah with these wheels. i am going to be placing an order for a Dynamite DYN4401 GPS Speed Meter & Tracker so I can show everyone my runs with these tires.
View attachment 44228
Sticky would make them traction roll ? and that’s what worries me. My GRP S2 Slicks will power slide instead of traction roll. I have buggy sized Badlands and they traction roll at 10mph ? My Road Rage 2.8 work better and are a happy middle ground. I also have some Chinese Amazon buggy street tires too, but the hubs are too shallow for my Typhon hex’s and let the pins out.

As far as the GPS, I just got the new SkyRC GPS and have only used it once so far. Ended up almost breaking my foot off my leg that day when my Rx batteries died mid power slide and Typhon came right at me. Needless to say that day ended abruptly and I didn’t get a full eval in. I will get a better eval in soon. Waiting on a few parts.

I really like the looks of the Banditos, have to pick up a set of the MTs for the street.

** UPDATE **
Finally, after 2 months of waiting for my shock upgrade, I got a set of the #Typhon BLX 6s shocks for my #Granite BLX 3s truck - front and rear. As soon as I get them I will post a picture before the install & after on my #Granite BLX 3s w/ the new MT Banditos tires.

My RPM Front & Rear Suspension Arms came in today since I ran my #Granite going about 40 MPH into a mailbox on accident. lol! These are supposed to be a lot stronger than your stonk ones that come on the Granite BLX 4x4 truck! Now, I am just waiting on my #Typhon 6s BLX front shocks set from Jennys RC's and my truck will ready to rock and roll w/ some new Hop-Ups. Most likely will be changing out the stock servo but if it's not broke why fix it right? :unsure::whistle::unsure::whistle::unsure::unsure::unsure:Also, I ordered my Dynamite GPS Speed Meter from Horizon Hobby so I can get some accurate speed readings on my #Granite BLX with these new Banditos tires when I upload my next video on my new UpliFT-RC channel.

RPM Font & Rear Suspension Arms.jpeg

DuraTrxx Tires#1.jpeg
1564487212938.png

Last edited:
I am currently trying to install my #Typhon 6s BLX shocks along with my RPM suspension arms that needed to be installed. I should be on the road next week sometime.
I’ve been too busy to install my upgrades, but I will get at it soon. I’ve got a BLX120 and 2400kv plus 13T, Typhon RPM arms, Typhon turnbuckles, and a 4S SMC 5000mah lipo to try out soon in the Granite. Hoping to have that done by mid week.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back