Granite My granite voltage sounds like its grinding gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leonphelps

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
My granite voltage sounds like its grinding gears. It can still go forward and reverse. It's just not going very fast. It's a new truck so I can't find much on it unfortunately, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Check your motor mount screws. Make sure they haven't worked themselves loose. Also, sometimes a little pebble can make it's way inside the spur gear cover and cause problems. That's usually what causes mine to sound that way.

Check your motor mount screws. Make sure they haven't worked themselves loose. Also, sometimes a little pebble can make it's way inside the spur gear cover and cause problems. That's usually what causes mine to sound that way.
Unfortunately I already took it completely apart and visually everything looks fine

On the Voltage trucks the gear mesh isn't adjustable. There are preset holes for 16t, 19t, and 25t pinions only.

Check the motor itself through the vents, inside the motor there is a fan and on mine it broke off which made a grinding noise as the motor would catch it.

Check the motor itself through the vents, inside the motor there is a fan and on mine it broke off which made a grinding noise as the motor would catch it.
I had the same issue and I thought that was the issue unfortunately that was not the problem, I've boiled it down to the internals now.

I've got the same issue, in my case it's the diff bearing. I.ve lubricated it with grease. But i'm going to replease these. But i was quite suprised of the mess i found when opend it up, the diff compartiment was filled with black dust.

I had same issue with Fazon and cause was damaged gear inside diff. Feels kinda stupid to take whole car apart to access diff...
20180731_185434.jpg

I've got the same issue, in my case it's the diff bearing. I.ve lubricated it with grease. But i'm going to replease these. But i was quite suprised of the mess i found when opend it up, the diff compartiment was filled with black dust.
How do you get to the diff, can’t figure it out.....

You basically have to split the entire chassis in half. It's ridiculous to do this, but it's the only way. This is one area that Arrma needs to address on these Voltage trucks.

You basically have to split the entire chassis in half. It's ridiculous to do this, but it's the only way. This is one area that Arrma needs to address on these Voltage trucks.
I’ve got to get to my diff too,,did you just disconnected everything on one side or both sides,I can’t quite figure it out. I don’t want to start until I get a little more info on it. Thanks......

I haven't had to do it, but from looking it over you need to remove all screws holding the chassis together.

I haven't had to do it, but from looking it over you need to remove all screws holding the chassis together.
I only can find maybe 2screws,but not sure of the rest of the procedure....everyone says remove the screws, but no one is telling you which ones. You would think there would be some sort of tutorial on this procedure,they all cover everything else,which is great,but nothing on removing the differential,,I wonder why? There is no in depth procedures at all..that is my concern. I’ve even contacted armma about this,,but offer no help at all,except what everyone is is saying...I can’t understand why there isn’t anymore on this procedure.....I’m a newbie with this truck and need a little more info......thanks for the comeback......

I only can find maybe 2screws,but not sure of the rest of the procedure....everyone says remove the screws, but no one is telling you which ones. You would think there would be some sort of tutorial on this procedure,they all cover everything else,which is great,but nothing on removing the differential,,I wonder why? There is no in depth procedures at all..that is my concern. I’ve even contacted armma about this,,but offer no help at all,except what everyone is is saying...I can’t understand why there isn’t anymore on this procedure.....I’m a newbie with this truck and need a little more info......thanks for the comeback......
Have you attempted this break down of your voltage? If so any tips for me. I am going to do a full bearing swap and check out internal gears for wear because mine sounding a lil gritty. From all posts I look at it seems need to take apart most of the car

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back