Limitless My heart still falls for the Limitless. Now with TP Power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineer

🦄💩
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Yes, it’s probably still the most impractical Arrma car that I own, but there is nothing quite as sexy as a Limitless on throttle.

I finally got off my duff and ordered a TP Power 4070, 2080 kv motor and while waiting for it to arrive, I prepped a new chassis for it to go in along with a MAX5 that I already had.

Got everything together with 34:34 gearing and took it for a shakedown in front of my house. All I can say is WOW! While I have another build with a MAX6 combo, 4985 running 34:34 as well - the TP motor just seems to pull much harder (and the braking force is equally stronger) than the 4985. Maybe it’s just placebo or “new toy” effect but I definitely need a good parking lot / empty road to really see what she can do. Of course we’re supposed to get a bunch of snow tonight so maybe in April...

ACD93650-DCB6-4535-8663-60C561EC9030.jpeg

A253FC37-DD92-457A-8790-BE8CD3645A49.jpeg

5E6D24C3-57C6-4C87-BDCC-6FCF2F6387FF.jpeg

Northern winter is annoying. Lived in Indiana for 37 years of my life.

Looks very nice man. And yeah things that can only do speed runs are kinda Impractical. But everyone has to have one. Hmmm that motor looks longer then 70mm.

I love the look of the Limitless, just wish it came as an RTR, I know, I know, but I still prefer to do as little work as possible. Finding time to play mechanic has been difficult, I can barely find time to play driver!

I do however enjoy watching everybody's builds! :love:

I love the look of the Limitless, just wish it came as an RTR, I know, I know, but I still prefer to do as little work as possible. Finding time to play mechanic has been difficult, I can barely find time to play driver!

I do however enjoy watching everybody's builds! :love:
Lets count up you time browsing the forum and convert it to wrenching. LOL. 🤣

I understand. I don't have kids, and no family lives around me. I wrench almost nightly. Doing a 1:1 car build in a few months to. Its all I got man. :cry:

How did you change out the max5 wires to red?

Never mind. I thought they were the ESC wires.

Last edited:
Gotcha, not sure why they would even name it 4070 then, they know what people know about those first 4 numbers lol.

The first 2 numbers are the can diameter / series of motor and the last 2 are the rotor length (like what Castle does).

I have a 4060 and I swear that it is stronger than my Castle 1717.

I assume you are aware the max5 still limits the max rpm and amps that 4070 can deliver. You're basically driving in training mode atm ;)

Isn't your (receiver?)cap a bit too much?

Be real careful about the motor heat. (I saw you have fans) Make a run then scan the temps before making a 2nd pass.

1:1 gearing on the 2080kv nets a theoretical gearing speed over 130 mph. That would certainly hit the Max5 amperage limiter and might clip the rpm limit also as @rotauq noted above.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back