Granite My hobby store the best

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$1935.5 Yikes.

Started with 2 redcat blackouts. Upgraded them to brushless. Recently got a Senton 3S blx and picked up a used Mega converted to brushless. I gave a redcat to my dad with some batteries. At one time I had I think 7 NiMh 7 Lipo 3 single chargers couple extra sets of wheels.

Seems like a ton of money for just me and my son to run 2 cars. Been doing it a little over a year....

Just a small snippet.

1548801697836.png

I just hope LHS's are selling Megas and then talking the owners into converting them to brushless. Lots of $ for the LHS, total ripoff for the consumer. $80 more gets you a brushless straihjt from Arrma.

So stop with the suspense already. How much over how many years (recent) on how many cars? You show me yours, I'll show you mine. Wait, that didn't come out right...........

I'll play.
Since August last year (say 6 months) - Arrma Talion, Notorious, Typhon. Sky RC D400 ultimate duo charger. 3 x pairs of backflips. 2 x pairs Road Crushers. 2 x pairs GRP Evo wheels/tyres. 2 x gensacearespammers bashing 5200 3s 40c. Turnigy heavy duty 6s 5000 60c. Pair of Replacement steering blocks. Front and rear bumpers for the Talion and Typhon.

If my wife reads this - hey some other forum user stop posting stuff on my account!!

I'll play.
Since August last year (say 6 months) - Arrma Talion, Notorious, Typhon. Sky RC D400 ultimate duo charger. 3 x pairs of backflips. 2 x pairs Road Crushers. 2 x pairs GRP Evo wheels/tyres. 2 x gensacearespammers bashing 5200 3s 40c. Turnigy heavy duty 6s 5000 60c. Pair of Replacement steering blocks. Front and rear bumpers for the Talion and Typhon.

If my wife reads this - hey some other forum user stop posting stuff on my account!!
$$?

If I had to hazzard a guess I'd say $6,000 since June of last year. Maybe more. I try not to think about it ?
Now that's more like it. Since December 26th 2017, two trucks, Slash 4x4 and Arrma Notorious, $5600 Canadian (about $1.50 if you convert it to US) wouldn't have changed a thing about it. Love this hobby.

If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you get the 3s BLX version instead of getting a Mega and doing all the conversion work?
well like I said im new to the rc game so when I initially went in the hobby store I was interested in the nitro cars but he convinced me to go this route so I agreed and im a automotive tech so the rebuild and upgrade was sum I wanted to do to get my feet wet

well like I said im new to the rc game so when I initially went in the hobby store I was interested in the nitro cars but he convinced me to go this route so I agreed and im a automotive tech so the rebuild and upgrade was sum I wanted to do to get my feet wet

I get the upgrades being fun part, but those guys that you think have been so good to you, ripped you off. You could have still upgraded the BLX 3s - there's plenty of neat things to do with it. But those pricks ended up making a lot of money of your inexperience by selling you the Mega and then all the stuff to make it brushkess. That really, really bothers me. People like that are toxic to the hobby.

Is that ezrun system better than the BLX system? Yes. But think about what you had to spend to run it? Another $200? And your not even done yet. It's not $200 better. Man, I'm pissed.

I get the upgrades being fun part, but those guys that you think have been so good to you, ripped you off. You could have still upgraded the BLX 3s - there's plenty of neat things to do with it. But those pricks ended up making a lot of money of your inexperience by selling you the Mega and then all the stuff to make it brushkess. That really, really bothers me. People like that are toxic to the hobby.

Is that ezrun system better than the BLX system? Yes. But think about what you had to spend to run it? Another $200? And your not even done yet. It's not $200 better. Man, I'm pissed.
lol don't be pissed it was my decision to get the mega lol I clearly seen I had the option the purchase blx but I didn't want to I wanted to buy the stock and do the conversion myself it was my decision believe me if I thought I was being ripped off lol well lets just say im not the one to try to get over on

lol don't be pissed it was my decision to get the mega lol I clearly seen I had the option the purchase blx but I didn't want to I wanted to buy the stock and do the conversion myself it was my decision believe me if I thought I was being ripped off lol well lets just say im not the one to try to get over on

Fair enough ? I bought my Mega before well before the 3s BLX came out. I had 3 different motors and 2 different ESC's in it. I spent hours fabricating 32p spur/slipper combos and Jerry-rigged input shafts. I stripped the mega diffs several times. I dumped a ton of money and time into it only to buy the 3s BLX version when it came out, lol. The mega is now in pieces to be used as spares.

You really need the BLX spur/slipper. Once the snow clears and you have traction, the mega spur is going to strip. It's not a matter of if, but when.

Fair enough ? I bought my Mega before well before the 3s BLX came out. I had 3 different motors and 2 different ESC's in it. I spent hours fabricating 32p spur/slipper combos and Jerry-rigged input shafts. I stripped the mega diffs several times. I dumped a ton of money and time into it only to buy the 3s BLX version when it came out, lol. The mega is now in pieces to be used as spares.

You really need the BLX spur/slipper. Once the snow clears and you have traction, the mega spur is going to strip. It's not a matter of if, but when.
I have em already

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back