Limitless My just get 'er going budget build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelander

Frankenstein 3S
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Typhon 3s
Got a Limitless.

Bought a hobbywing 150A and a spektrum 2050kv.

Team Corally 25kg servo.

Futaba r314 and 4PLS.

Using 2 3S spektrum 50c 5000mAh.

Infraction diff.

Got 72 mph with a 23T pinion.

Gone to a 1.7 primary drive ratio 27T pinion with 46T diff.

Rear shocks tight af. Droop screws tightened on front end and springs backed off.

No other adjustments or modifications.

Considering trimming the rear wing t reduce downforce on the rear. Leaving the extreme air dam front wing parts for now.

Please help.

Right now I have 10mm rake just sitting idle between front and rear (raked towards the front).

Anything else I should prepare for expecting maybe 85-90 mph pass tomorrow?
Taking her out one more time before we install a max6 and a castle 1717 on the stock spool.

We got 80mph and were stressed right out. Off road is way better.

Oh. Look. It broke... fun. Whereas on road speed runs is oh! poop! Is broke af!
Funny enough I break my off road rigs way more than the on road. I'm always really stressed about hitting curbs so I don't run them super hard on the street where I live but I have access to a big parking lot only 60 second drive away where I get to go on the weekends to really go ham.

You definitely have to find a parking lot to go to on the weekends when it's empty. :love:

Funny enough I break my off road rigs way more than the on road. I'm always really stressed about hitting curbs so I don't run them super hard on the street where I live but I have access to a big parking lot only 60 second drive away where I get to go on the weekends to really go ham.

You definitely have to find a parking lot to go to on the weekends when it's empty. :love:
It just seems like I expect to break the trucks. Maybe it's because we just bash and repair them whereas our on roads are heavy conversions that are more custom and the time investment to prep them for runs is so much more intensive. We laugh when the trucks break. It seems like a bigger deal and more devastating crashes on road. Speeds are higher, time invested bigger and obstructions have zero give. Sure a crash is less likely but their consequences are just so much greater.

In a way it just makes it more intense to run an on road car and it gets my heart pounding. Like I am in the car. I'll be honest we've split all our vehicles in half but curb hits hurt more than sending it. It's almost like the object of the exercise is to break something off road: it's just part of the fun but wrecking our TC, GT or speed machine would just result in so much work and knowing our painstaking setup was a failure is devastating.

No mount of prep or setup will save a truck from crashing bad off big air but when you crash on road it's either an engineering failure or driver error and either are our fault.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back