My Kraton 8s EXB and Fireteam builds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolemite

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Kraton 4s
  6. Vorteks
Well, since I jumped back into this with what seems like 3 feet, I have built a Kraton 8s EXB. I am using the Spectrum Firma 160 esc, and the Spectrum 1100kv motor. Gearing is 30t pinion and 47t spur. I have been reading everything I can on the HW and Castle options, but the cost to move to Castle is not small. Plus it seems they do not like the EC5 connectors and I already have 4 GensAcearespammers batteries with those connectors. I do have interest in the HW Max 5, as I plan to move the 160 esc to my new Fireteam along with a 1250kv motor. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Don’t let battery connector stop you. get whatever connector needed and solder them to the battery

I just got a k8s exb and still don’t have electronics decided on. I am a Castle guy but they are not cheep. And the XLX2 has issues with catching fire. The max5 are cheaper but hard to come by right now

From what I have read, and told by my guy at the LHS, the Hobbywing stuff he prefers for bashers, and the speed stuff for Castle. I am not into the data logging and all that stuff, as I honestly care less about all that. I just want to have fun with something that will work when I turn it on. That said, so far my Spektrum stuff has been good so far. I did buy a DX5c as I can't stand using a different controller for each rig.

Yo, for the K8 you might want to check out the new HobbyWing Max 4. All the data logging, plus 12s capable and less $$ than the Castle.

Yo, for the K8 you might want to check out the new HobbyWing Max 4. All the data logging, plus 12s capable and less $$ than the Castle.
I just watched a video on that! He put in the Losi 1/5 I think, but its huuuuge! And that motor is too! Plus, I spent $119 each for 2 GensAcearespammers (Bashing Pro 4S LiPo Battery Pack 120C). So Buying 2 6s is not in the budget. I was offered from my LHS a Spectrum 160A / 1250kv combo for $249.99. Thinking about dropping that in my Fireteam, and then moving the stock Fireteam stuff to my Vorteks. Or, just buying the Max5 / 1100kv combo and moving my current Kraton setup to the Fireteam. But yes, keep the ideas coming!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back