My Kraton 8s garage build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have the two limitless spools for gearing now. You can see the cheap pinion getting worn in pretty good. That would have failed. Going to let the locktite setup and give it the juice tomorrow. View attachment 92220View attachment 92221
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the reason behind you changing the stock gear setup for the two spools 34/34 you now use..??

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the reason behind you changing the stock gear setup for the two spools 34/34 you now use..??
With the low kv of 780 and the truck being geared for 1250kv you need a huge pinion and long motor slide to run it. All that gearing weight (40plus tooth pinion) is like a fly wheel so it adds stress to everything. I saw @Rich Duperbash use the Limitless spool gears so I thought I’d try it. It works great and seems to be around perfect gearing. Only problem is keeping it (spur side) tight. I’m going to try to key it and do away with the set screws if it keeps coming loose. Other guys are using the big 40plus pinions and doing just fine though...

Just a quick update as I’ve been away from the forum the last weeks. Power hobby 7200mah 100c batteries seem to be holding up well. They don’t get as hot as the others I’ve tried. Tires on the other hand are not (flying apart...). Bought another set of copperhead 2 but will get the 8s backflips. This has been an expensive endeavor...
Btw, I got my b-link castle phone programmer thingy. Works great but what a goings on getting the k8s receiver box open and closed up again. Again someone explain why we need a receive box? Most receivers are splash proof Or you can put them in a balloon...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back