Kraton My Kraton EXB is down ESC went out I think

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boggs3010

Very Active Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Vendetta
It was going well out for a Saturday bash session had my Vendetta/ Tlr Typhon and Kraton. Running the Kraton and it stopped. Then I smell a funny odor and quickly went to was the issue no smoke no power. Got home and begin to look and again notice the odor. Coming from the ESC. Took the top cover/ fan off and noticed a brown fluid on the cover and the ESC capacitor or resistors? The 3 round short standing cylinders. It was a blx 185.I have had lots of spektrum s fail but only 2 blx's fail. What could of caused this issue?? I ask because I have not seen or heard of this before. And I was running it for all of 5min 70 degrees out.

Yea its gotta be oil in the capacitors.. I was not aware that they used it but u gotta keep those capacitors cool somehow.. so thats pretty dope actually

Yea its gotta be oil in the capacitors.. I was not aware that they used it but u gotta keep those capacitors cool somehow.. so thats pretty dope actually
Not really cost my 83.00 😜 to learn that.

Honestly I'm not 100 but u should be able to cut those off and solder on a fresh cap pack or ripple killer and that esc just might fire up top notch!!🤨
All I read was the 🔥 part. No thanks. Maybe someone with more knowledge and skills.

Yes sir dead as a door nail.

I did strip it. Took the power switch etc...just in case.

Don't have a meter. Just not worth the messing around with for me. I can barely solder. Electrical issues and diagnostics will always be over my head and not my thing. Appreciate the responses. If it happens will offer it to someone willing to take the risk. 80 bucks replacement , not worth the time or trouble. If I had the knowledge and tools different story.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back