Kraton My Kraton Exb Rear Diff Solution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Dscracing1320 how did you get the 3 sun plates below the pin? :D

wanna to try it out, but yeah, looks like that

the thickness of a star plate is about 0,65mm ...
Put the pin in first. The plates go outside the pin

okay, tried it, and it worked out ... put everything together.

i noticed i can pull the knuckles about 1-1,5mm out of the diff case / lateral play ... on each side
is that normal?

okay, tried it, and it worked out ... put everything together.

i noticed i can pull the knuckles about 1-1,5mm out of the diff case / lateral play ... on each side
is that normal?
You need to have almost not play on the outdrives cup of the diff if you have add another shim
Arrma says 2 shims under the pin vs 3 with open diff idk why but i fellow what they did they might have a good reason

You need to have almost not play on the outdrives cup of the diff if you have add another shim
Arrma says 2 shims under the pin vs 3 with open diff idk why but i fellow what they did they might have a good reason

More than the 2 shims and it'll lock up the diff.

Heh not really i have put 3 shims on my center diff and it still spun freely but took them out decided to trust arrma

Whatever you say boss ? if you can get 3 shims and lsd plates in your have magical abilities.

it was late here in germany ... i forgot the shims under the pin ... :eek::oops::ROFLMAO:
thought ... he is using only the 3 sunshims ... nothing more, ok - than its just these 3 shims ^^

will redo the job tonight ... :LOL:

Whatever you say boss ? if you can get 3 shims and lsd plates in your have magical abilities.
I did the 6 star platess mod today with a new diff cup and i can add another 0.2shim on the cup side so 0.5 on the crown gear side and 0.7 on the cup side? debating if i put that shim in or not

I did the 6 star platess mod today with a new diff cup and i can add another 0.2shim on the cup side so 0.5 on the crown gear side and 0.7 on the cup side? debating if i put that shim in or not

Try it. If it doesn't lock it up I'd 100% recommend it. These internal gears are a major weak point. I've now managed to blow a built rear and front exb internal gears. The 6 star plates definitely help and for many might be bullet proof. ?

Complete GP4 open diff just shipped from Horizon to retailers. I’m going to be putting them in my Mojave.
How do you know this? Does that mean we as exb owners will see new diffs? I have heard different things from people on here but nothing from Horizon or Arrma. Please give some details about this info

Try it. If it doesn't lock it up I'd 100% recommend it. These internal gears are a major weak point. I've now managed to blow a built rear and front exb internal gears. The 6 star plates definitely help and for many might be bullet proof. ?
I added the shim it felt nice when spinning could barely feel the gears vs none before bolted everything back togueter and the diff is a little bit stiffer to turn it felt like 10k before(im running 20k) its a bit less stiff than the front diff(30k) so i should be okay
Nvm feels like the same front and rear? i guess i will have to open everything again when i get back home because i had a bash planified with people in 30mins i hope it doesn't blow up but i can berely feel the teeths when i spin the diff the center is considerably worst when i spinned it by hand empty

Last edited:
Other than the shims/plates inside the diff., i just checked the crown gear/input gear's mesh mon my EXB, which is way too loose in fact. The good amount of shims for me has been to put 0.15 + 0.1mm, two 0.15 is way too tight, only one 0.15 is still too loose, 0,25mm is the best in my case..

Other than the shims/plates inside the diff., i just checked the crown gear/input gear's mesh mon my EXB, which is way too loose in fact. The good amount of shims for me has been to put 0.15 + 0.1mm, two 0.15 is way too tight, only one 0.15 is still too loose, 0,25mm is the best in my case..
I still have pversteer like maniac on dirt and understeer on the high traction steering is just messed af going to use diff shims from my spare diff and shim the steering rack with that to remove all lf the up and down play
And i might need to open the rear diff again because the shim i added is maybe causing the diff to be too tight i will first fix the steering.

I still have pversteer like maniac on dirt and understeer on the high traction steering is just messed af going to use diff shims from my spare diff and shim the steering rack with that to remove all lf the up and down play
And i might need to open the rear diff again because the shim i added is maybe causing the diff to be too tight i will first fix the steering.

I don't think that shimming the diff., to correct the mesh between the input gear and the crown gear, has any influence on steering. It is mainly to keep the gear more durable, this change nothing about how the diff. react.

The the amount of play i see on mine between the crown gear and the input gear, i can easily understand why some have broke some teeth on the crown gear. To be honest i never saw a mesh that loose. Even on my V2 there wasn't that much play.

I don't think that shimming the diff., to correct the mesh between the input gear and the crown gear, has any influence on steering. It is mainly to keep the gear more durable, this change nothing about how the diff. react.

The the amont of play i see on mine between the crown gear and the input gear, i can easily understand why some have broke some teeth on the crown gear.
No i mean the inside satelite gear shimming it was smooth like butter then i added a shim i still felt it spin like butter but once i did everything it feels kinda like 30k while im running 20k

The the amount of play i see on mine between the crown gear and the input gear, i can easily understand why some have broke some teeth on the crown gear. To be honest i never saw a mesh that loose. Even on my V2 there wasn't that much play.
My crown gear shiming is perfectly fine

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back