Kraton My Kraton Exb Rear Diff Solution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you guys watch this?
I did it to mine, but only one run and if this holds ....amazing. if you guys find this helpful , then give thumbs up, comment video etc ...

I don't think the arrma part number below was mentioned but this is what I ordered and I think it's the same .
Part x4
ARA709031 Washer 13x16x0.2mm

Last edited:
Ever since reading about using 3 LSD star plates per side to build a lasting Open Diff, i have liked the idea. Why, imo is because of how Arrma made the cup and sungear. Well, no LSD plates available where i'm at so i made these custom shims instead :)

IMG_5377_resize.JPG

Ever since reading about using 3 LSD star plates per side to build a lasting Open Diff, i have liked the idea. Why, imo is because of how Arrma made the cup and sungear. Well, no LSD plates available where i'm at so i made these custom shims instead :)

View attachment 99654
Nice job!

View attachment 99654
??

Very nice!

Now sell em :)
No intention of selling really, hopefully someone will pick up the idea, maybe Arrma, they could offer a plate and shim pack for building open diffs :)

So this is how the shimming came out, i think it's very individual though, new, less worn, more worn
In the cup, 6x17x0.3mm and 6x12x0.3mm under the pin, a 12x18x0.1mm along with 3 0.5mm custom stars for the sungear.
On the crown side same thing but an additional 6x12x0.1mm under the pin, this leaves me with just about zero axial play by the outdrives, the diff which is brand new turned out smooth but a just a tiny tiny bit notchy, will run and test it like this and then re-shim if necessary.

IMG_5364_resize.JPG

Last edited:
Did you guys watch this?
I did it to mine, but only one run and if this holds ....amazing. if you guys find this helpful , then give thumbs up, comment video etc ...

I don't think the arrma part number below was mentioned but this is what I ordered and I think it's the same .
Part x4
ARA709031 Washer 13x16x0.2mm

ARGH!!!!!! AFTER 2 RUNS SUN GEAR ON THE CROWN SIDE ALREADY STRIPPED !!!!

Did you follow the video "how to" and had this failure?

I followed the video in my post above. Something must of been different. I'm going to try again with all new parts if they ever come back in stock again...

Does anybody know if the kraton v4 diff with main input gear will fit the exb?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back