Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

My Kraton keeps losing gear mesh

Discussion in 'Kraton' started by BattleShrink, Jul 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. BattleShrink

BattleShrink Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, 4x4-Mega
    Got my Kraton last week. The top motor mount screw just keeps popping loose towards the end of one pack. Running 4s 5000mah 50c, ESC punch at 8, doing jumps. Using blue Loctite right now, have had to remesh it about 3 times already. I also switched to slightly longer screws from an axial bomber.

[​IMG]

Should I try red loctite? Get a hot racing motor mount? Let the blue loctite set for longer? Just torque the hell out of that screw? Could something else be going on? Thanks for your help.

2. GuyFromCanada

GuyFromCanada Premium Member!
    Premium Member

Arrma RC's:
    4x4-Mega
    How long are you letting the blue loctite cure?

3. BattleShrink

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, 4x4-Mega
    Overnight, 15-20 hours probably

4. Paultro84

Paultro84 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Outcast
    That's strange for running on 4s. What brand of thread lock are you using? I've watched a video from project farm on youtube where he tested different brands of thread locker in numerous ways and surprisingly Locktite was towards the bottom of the list.

5. 2fast4u

2fast4u Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    Threads clean, no oily residue or old loctite on them ? Shake your loctite well before using ? I use blue loctite and an L shaped wrench and it has a pretty good bow in it before I feel those are tight enough. Never had an issue.

6. BattleShrink

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, 4x4-Mega
    Hit the screw and mount threads with acetone and q-tips, reassembled, gonna let it rest until Friday. It worked itself loose from the factory also, on the second or third pack maybe. I was using Loctite brand liquid, shaken. I just reassembled it with some MIP threadlock gel that I haven't used because I heard it was a nightmare to unscrew haha, but that's what I want right now.

Paultro84 likes this.
  7. ThatDrewGuy

ThatDrewGuy Premium Member!
    Premium Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite, Kraton, Talion, Typhon
    Lol well if you put a bigger pinion on there, you would have to move it out anyway. Then the ridge of aluminum there would help hold it in place a bit more. :)

2fast4u likes this.
  8. olds97_lss

olds97_lss Premium Member!
    Premium Member

9. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

10. olds97_lss

olds97_lss Premium Member!
    Premium Member

I have one of those sticks in my field bag. I used it as well off recommendation from you many years ago. Then I ran across the gel and have used it. The gel stays sticky/tacky for a while. If left long enough, it gets hard and can be tough to remove screws/nuts. Ends up sticking in wheel hub threads enough to where I don't have to reapply every time I take tires off.

11. BattleShrink

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, 4x4-Mega
    Whooo! It made it through a pack today! I ordered some Permatex gel in case the gremlins come back. This thing is awesome.

ThatDrewGuy likes this.
  • Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer