Kraton My Kraton keeps losing gear mesh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BattleShrink

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. 4x4-Mega
Got my Kraton last week. The top motor mount screw just keeps popping loose towards the end of one pack. Running 4s 5000mah 50c, ESC punch at 8, doing jumps. Using blue Loctite right now, have had to remesh it about 3 times already. I also switched to slightly longer screws from an axial bomber.

8XU6jqE.jpg

Should I try red loctite? Get a hot racing motor mount? Let the blue loctite set for longer? Just torque the hell out of that screw? Could something else be going on? Thanks for your help.

That's strange for running on 4s. What brand of thread lock are you using? I've watched a video from project farm on youtube where he tested different brands of thread locker in numerous ways and surprisingly Locktite was towards the bottom of the list.

Threads clean, no oily residue or old loctite on them ? Shake your loctite well before using ? I use blue loctite and an L shaped wrench and it has a pretty good bow in it before I feel those are tight enough. Never had an issue.

Hit the screw and mount threads with acetone and q-tips, reassembled, gonna let it rest until Friday. It worked itself loose from the factory also, on the second or third pack maybe. I was using Loctite brand liquid, shaken. I just reassembled it with some MIP threadlock gel that I haven't used because I heard it was a nightmare to unscrew haha, but that's what I want right now.

Lol well if you put a bigger pinion on there, you would have to move it out anyway. Then the ridge of aluminum there would help hold it in place a bit more. :)

I haven't tried the gel but I'll to give it a try. I have been using the stick version of loctite and love it!
I have one of those sticks in my field bag. I used it as well off recommendation from you many years ago. Then I ran across the gel and have used it. The gel stays sticky/tacky for a while. If left long enough, it gets hard and can be tough to remove screws/nuts. Ends up sticking in wheel hub threads enough to where I don't have to reapply every time I take tires off.

Whooo! It made it through a pack today! I ordered some Permatex gel in case the gremlins come back. This thing is awesome.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back