Limitless My Limitless Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claytonbakerjr

Land, Air or Water...just add Batteries :)
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
Hi
Since I have never had to "build" any of my vehicles or make and major changes, I have officially entered the world of the Limitless. At the moment its not very exciting but as I get the cool stuff in and started I will pop up more pictures with the goodies.

My Limitless.jpg

Well one thing I have been working on is a different Air Diffuser for the rear, I feel the stock stuff might
be too aggressive and yea there are some pretty cool options out there but since I have 3D printers
I figured I may as well play around.
Nothing fancy but I feel it will be test worthy.
Needs some more tweaking but here it is....

diff-1.jpg

diff-2.jpg

diff-3.jpg

So moving forward out of the gate I plan on grabbing a decent ESC/Motor combo (should be in this coming week)
https://www.castlecreations.com/en/mamba-monster-x-8s-33-6v-esc-w-1717-1650kv-010-0165-02
Later down the road I may play around with a different body but I'm kind of diggen the Stock one ATM.
I have seen many recommendations of replacing the dog bones with more sturdy ones which come down to either Scorched or TRC Performance.
Looking over the internals most everything seems to be of decent quality but if I replace the dog bones I feel I should also consider a set of Front/Rear supports.
Like with most Arrma cars, in my case the rear wheels have a bit more wiggle than I like, the front seem pretty firm. Is there a shim or option to tighten up the rear wheel wiggle? I'm sure once I run this a few times I will be considering a better bearing setup all around.
Lastly the main Center Brace, I feel this car in it's true form isnt a basher or something that should (honestly) be ran through grass or rough terrain as I have seen on YouTube :)
So do the carbon fiber braces really make that much difference in light of speed runs and maybe an occasional Drift session?
And I am still on the hill over a steering servo.
I see so many posts saying "Savox" but man they are expensive.
I spent several hours doing side by side comparisons and just being honest in several cases the $50 servo was pretty much the same as a $100 servo.
I could see if I was going to make this an extreme speed machine and do YouTube videos to impress :) but 100mph is pretty quick for my tastes.
Maybe the mindset that I have will change later down the road.
Thanks for reading my banter LOL.

So as I discovered today from my local shop the Mamba Combo will not be back in stock (most every where) until the 1st week of April...bummer. But that gives me more time to get other items in, 3D print some more body parts and as always...More Research.
Fans come in tomorrow, I'm designing a 3D printed mount for them.
I ordered a Castle 12S Cap Pack and some 8mm bullet connectors.
Got me receiver in today along with the Racers Edge glitch buster.
More to come.

Well good news, my Castle 1650 8S combo is shipping out today....Yippeeee :)
So I have a question, I see more and more people going with better front/rear driveshafts.
Just how bad is the wobble in the stock setup?
Do most people upgrade to beefier ones?
I also see that in the process people need to get different front and rear braces.
I'm currently looking at SupHD RC for these items
Any other recommendations?
Thank you

Well it was a good day today, finally got the Motor/ESC combo. FedEx however made a few mistakes, Monday it was less than 20 miles from my house near Cincinnati, Tuesday it ended up 150 miles away North near Indianapolis IN....after a discussion it finally made its way back :)
So I did a test fit and she was a bit tight getting on, seems there is a screw backer that is kind of in the way. I didn't look closely but seems to be attached to the battery tray bracket or the bottom trim. I was tired after work and just wanted to get an idea of the looks. Any suggestions since I had to loosen the motor mount screws a tad to do the test fit?
So I do have a question on this combo if others use it as well....will the Out of the Box esc settings be ok for simple bench tests and radio setup?
I need to go through the paperwork to also discover the default voltage for the servo.
Reason I ask is I took advantage of the FREE Castle Link USB Programmer using the coupon in the box :) however it will be at least next week before I see it.
In any case time to grab a Cap Pack elsewhere, the source I ordered it from keeps telling me "its on back order" 3 weeks later, even though it shows in stock from their supplier....Long story no need for me to get into that :(
As a result I did order wire and bullet connectors elsewhere in case "they are on back order" too :(
More to come and I am excited to get her rolling.

20210331_171519.jpg

20210331_171525.jpg

20210331_171628.jpg

20210331_171710.jpg

20210331_171742.jpg

20210331_171825.jpg

20210331_171843.jpg

So in light of my last post I have a question. The pic attached is an Infraction motor mount but will serve the purpose of this post.
Does someone make a mount for the Limitless that brings the motor up higher (overall) (maybe 1/8 of an inch) that also encompasses
the ability to maintain a "clamp" on the spool itself? I realize in doing so the angle of the gears changes slightly but I am curious as
to if such a mount exists? In my thoughts I want to mount the motor at an angle to where the motor wires are more near the
deck of the Limitless than off to the side. My way of better wire management (In my head anyway) :)
1617236404884.png

Are you simply looking to raise up the motor mount? You can do that with spacers or washers. I'm not sure what you mean by changing the angle of the gears, though.

So in light of my last post I have a question. The pic attached is an Infraction motor mount but will serve the purpose of this post.
Does someone make a mount for the Limitless that brings the motor up higher (overall) (maybe 1/8 of an inch) that also encompasses
the ability to maintain a "clamp" on the spool itself? I realize in doing so the angle of the gears changes slightly but I am curious as
to if such a mount exists? In my thoughts I want to mount the motor at an angle to where the motor wires are more near the
deck of the Limitless than off to the side. My way of better wire management (In my head anyway) :)
View attachment 136315
Best motor mount is the @PPS-RC mount

https://practicalproto.com/products/backorder-pps-motor-mount-combo-for-arrma-6s-blx-cars

Are you simply looking to raise up the motor mount? You can do that with spacers or washers. I'm not sure what you mean by changing the angle of the gears, though.
Yea maybe I over thought that :) but yes raise the mount up to give a bit more clearance under the motor itself.

So making a little more progress.
I ordered the cap pack from a different store and also decided to order a set of the QS8 anti spark connectors as well.
After some research and comments from various sources since I'm going to mostly run 8S I want to reduce as much of the "spark" as possible even with the cap pack added, so the QS8 connectors will be on the ESC side and the other connections will be 8mm bullets. As seen in the pics I bought the RCAWD shafts but after reading a build post from @Edough13 I will likely order the Scorched shafts and only use these (Until Scorched Arrives) as testing and speeds under 60 mph to get some things tweaked. Bummer since I had a few people say they were decent shafts...Oh Well better safe than sorry.
I used a piece of note book paper to set the mesh as well. Is this the typical approach as a starting point? I also need to adjust my 3d printed fan mount so the nuts from the fans are not resting on the motor but instead the lip of the mount will. I will be using a small 2S battery dedicated to the fans as well.

MMX8Combo-1.jpg

MMX8Combo-2.jpg

MMX8Combo-3.jpg

MMX8Combo-4.jpg

MMX8Combo-5.jpg

So making a little more progress.
I ordered the cap pack from a different store and also decided to order a set of the QS8 anti spark connectors as well.
After some research and comments from various sources since I'm going to mostly run 8S I want to reduce as much of the "spark" as possible even with the cap pack added, so the QS8 connectors will be on the ESC side and the other connections will be 8mm bullets. As seen in the pics I bought the RCAWD shafts but after reading a build post from @Edough13 I will likely order the Scorched shafts and only use these (Until Scorched Arrives) as testing and speeds under 60 mph to get some things tweaked. Bummer since I had a few people say they were decent shafts...Oh Well better safe than sorry.
I used a piece of note book paper to set the mesh as well. Is this the typical approach as a starting point? I also need to adjust my 3d printed fan mount so the nuts from the fans are not resting on the motor but instead the lip of the mount will. I will be using a small 2S battery dedicated to the fans as well.

View attachment 136612

View attachment 136613

View attachment 136614

View attachment 136615

View attachment 136616
Ya I wouldn't even run the RCAWD ones at low speed mine gave at only 81mph

Ya I wouldn't even run the RCAWD ones at low speed mine gave at only 81mph
In that case I "may" toss back in the stock ones if they are that bad. I have (to date) never seen stock ones get crazy like your RCAWD ones did, yes I hear they run out of balance and creates some vibrations but I suppose I better get on ordering the Scorched ones since it may take a while to receive them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back