Limitless My Limitless V2 Build - Nothing too crazy (yet)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Figured I would start a build thread for my Limitless V2.
It's not going to be a crazy build - just something mild. For now. I'm sure I'll get addicted to speed and want to go faster and upgrade down the road.

For now, I'll be putting a Spektrum Firma 160A ESC and 1250kv motor in it. I'll just be running a 32T pinion. Also have a DX5C transmitter, S6100AT received, and Spektrum high speed high voltage servo coming in.

I'll run it on 4S for a couple times as I adjust suspension settings and ride height. Stock ride height is quite high considering the type of car it is. I was watching a couple of YouTube videos of suspension setup and one guy used fuel hose on the rear shock shafts to prevent excessive rear squat at high speeds. I might try that.

Here's how it currently sits, just the stock roller, not painted yet:

1676316540695.png

I have a paint scheme in my head that I'd like to try out. I'll be picking up some paint tonight, and giving it a shot (figuratively and literally, haha).

Nice! Hope you enjoy your build, sounds like you have a good approach.
A lot of guys use fuel tubing to reduce squat. The goal is to never allow the chassis to get lower in the rear than in the front, because then a blow-over can occur. Whatever method you choose, it’s a must. I prefer nylon (spacers) over flexible fuel tube, but that’s just me. I crank the preload collars down a lot so it softens the edge just as the spacers come into play. These are cheap and also make great standoffs where you need them. There‘s a variety of heights and they fit the shock shafts really well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071DF6ST4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
AB7D363C-5C34-48D5-88F0-8CF6A8A5AAB4.jpeg

Enjoy the build, looking forward to seeing your paint scheme!
And yo, welcome to the forum!

Nice! Hope you enjoy your build, sounds like you have a good approach.
A lot of guys use fuel tubing to reduce squat. The goal is to never allow the chassis to get lower in the rear than in the front, because then a blow-over can occur. Whatever method you choose, it’s a must. I prefer nylon (spacers) over flexible fuel tube, but that’s just me. I crank the preload collars down a lot so it softens the edge just as the spacers come into play. These are cheap and also make great standoffs where you need them. There‘s a variety of heights and they fit the shock shafts really well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071DF6ST4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
View attachment 277944
Enjoy the build, looking forward to seeing your paint scheme!
And yo, welcome to the forum!
Thanks! That is another great idea.

Are the stock springs a progressive rate spring? Not sure if it says in the manual and that's not with me at the moment.

Welcome,
It sounds like you are on the right track!
Raz's build series videos have lots of good tips on setting up the arrma and some little tricks to help make the car more stable. Those will be a great starting point.

I would also recommend ditching the hoons and go with GRPs for learning to drive the car with. They offer considerably better grip.

https://www.islandhobbynut.com/prod...gt-t03-revo-soft-mounted-tires-wheels-4-white

Also if you are new to RCs in General some MIP Hex wrenches are great.

Welcome,
It sounds like you are on the right track!
Raz's build series videos have lots of good tips on setting up the arrma and some little tricks to help make the car more stable. Those will be a great starting point.

I would also recommend ditching the hoons and go with GRPs for learning to drive the car with. They offer considerably better grip.

https://www.islandhobbynut.com/prod...gt-t03-revo-soft-mounted-tires-wheels-4-white

Also if you are new to RCs in General some MIP Hex wrenches are great.
Thanks! Hah, yeah actually looking at different tires too. I have a set of GRPs on my old 1/10 scale that make the car handle like it's on rails.

Figured I would start a build thread for my Limitless V2.
It's not going to be a crazy build - just something mild. For now. I'm sure I'll get addicted to speed and want to go faster and upgrade down the road.

For now, I'll be putting a Spektrum Firma 160A ESC and 1250kv motor in it. I'll just be running a 32T pinion. Also have a DX5C transmitter, S6100AT received, and Spektrum high speed high voltage servo coming in.

I'll run it on 4S for a couple times as I adjust suspension settings and ride height. Stock ride height is quite high considering the type of car it is. I was watching a couple of YouTube videos of suspension setup and one guy used fuel hose on the rear shock shafts to prevent excessive rear squat at high speeds. I might try that.

Here's how it currently sits, just the stock roller, not painted yet:

View attachment 277941

I have a paint scheme in my head that I'd like to try out. I'll be picking up some paint tonight, and giving it a shot (figuratively and literally, haha).
Some folks have way to much restraint . Sadly I'm not one of them. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Are the stock springs a progressive rate spring? Not sure if it says in the manual and that's not with me at the moment.
I’m guessing they must be linear rate springs since the coil windings are consistent and not tighter at one end.

Ok ok ok, here it is. It turned out mostly ok. There are various imperfections, but hey, that's the trademark of hand painted, amirite?

Duratrax Metallic Green
Duratrax Bright Red
Tamiya Gunmetal as the strip down the middle and the backing of the entire body
Tamiya smoke for the windows. Now to put decals on!

20230215_170445_copy_1977x1285.jpg
20230215_170659_copy_1282x1976.jpg
20230215_170519_copy_1080x1883.jpg

The ESC did come with automotive grade 3M double sided tape, so I'll be using that, and the 2 screws that came with the car, caddy-corner on the ESC. I'll order more correct screws if Arrma doesn't supply them as a courtesy.
I just get complete screw kits from Jenny's. It's nice to have extras of a bunch of different sizes & types that you'll need. Then I also buy bulk m2, m3 & m4 cap heads in different lengths as well

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back