My longest PETG PRINT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malice

Doing all kinds of messed up stuff.
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 6s
46 hours...
20201023_102352.jpg

How big is your printer?!?!?! How much time did you spend watching it print? I spent a good 3 hours just watching it print.
It is the CR10 s Pro. You can probably see there it is 6 pieces glued together. Around 31" long in its final form.
I always watched the piece start the first few layers, and then check on it every few hours, but each of the 6 pieces took up the whole print bed nearly. It was a full 7 days of printing and countless hours checking on it. Then probably just as many hours sanding after, adding primer, polishing, waxing and prepping for the mold. TONS of labor and very expensive o_O

If you had not seen it already this was a custom body that I used to make the plug for a mold, then with that mold made a few carbon fiber bodies:

1603482079510.png

I just printed a new wing for my Infraction and I slowed it down to 30mm/s to get a better print. PETG at 80mm/s has been really messy for me. My print took about the same 48 hours. I might have to reprint it with less infill as it’s pretty heavy. I didn’t weigh it before mounting but it’s heavier than it looks.

AAC96596-08AF-4280-948A-4EF334A6B18A.jpeg

I don't believe I've ever printed anything over 60. I print tpu at 15, pla 50-60, and petg at 35. Ive only been 3d printing for a little over 2 months. How fast have been able to print pla and still have a good looking part? What about petg?

I don't believe I've ever printed anything over 60. I print tpu at 15, pla 50-60, and petg at 35. Ive only been 3d printing for a little over 2 months. How fast have been able to print pla and still have a good looking part? What about petg?
I usually print PLA/PLA+ at 80mm/s. It’s not perfect but usually good enough for something I’m going to smash into pieces on the first use anyways ???‍♂️

For rapid prototyping:
I print in PLA at 60mm/s for everything but outer walls, which i print at half speed
20-30% infill (cubic infill pattern for best strength for the density)
no more than 3 shells.

For end-use parts:
I up the infill to no more than 40% (or what the part needs)
Up the shell count to 4

For PETG:
40mm/s everything but outer walls, which i print at half speed
245C
part cooling fan off

For TPU:
same as PETG, but at 220C

I also use a direct extruder to an E3D V6 and a 0.6mm nozzle at 0.26mm layer height.
I print at the higher range for the shinier surface finish and better layer adhesion (some may argue no difference).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back