My Losi DBXL-E dilema

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
Hi guys , looking for some advice/feedback on something . I have a DBXL-E I bought brand new , bone stock , literally used one time on a paved parking lot just to get the feel for it . So basically it is still brand new . I have been using my Arrmas more , K8S/Mojave/Typhon 6s/Talion 6s/Senton 6s , as well as my Xmaxx 8s . Now that I have not used the DBXL-E since , I am debating keeping it or selling it while it is still brand new because as you all know once you take it off road it starts getting dirty/scuffs/used and abused looking and therefore killing the value of it .
So , I'm curious what some think the value difference would be looking like it is , brand new vs. used/scuffed/etc looking ? And am I losing out on fun cause who cares and just use it and don't worry about losing money ? Would it be worth half if that way ? If you were shopping for one used to save money , wouldn't you like to get one like this vs. beat up ?
Here are some pics to show......

Attachments

• IMG_4102.JPG
    IMG_4102.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_4107.JPG
    IMG_4107.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4114.JPG
    IMG_4114.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4108.JPG
    IMG_4108.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 72
I wouldn’t touch a “used” RC for anything less than 1/2 price. No matter what it looks like. Just my opinion, you never know what you get till it’s usually too late. I’ve bought a few yard sale RC s in the beginning and have always been disappointed. Keep it and use it when the others are in for maintenance.

Hi guys , looking for some advice/feedback on something . I have a DBXL-E I bought brand new , bone stock , literally used one time on a paved parking lot just to get the feel for it . So basically it is still brand new . I have been using my Arrmas more , K8S/Mojave/Typhon 6s/Talion 6s/Senton 6s , as well as my Xmaxx 8s . Now that I have not used the DBXL-E since , I am debating keeping it or selling it while it is still brand new because as you all know once you take it off road it starts getting dirty/scuffs/used and abused looking and therefore killing the value of it .
So , I'm curious what some think the value difference would be looking like it is , brand new vs. used/scuffed/etc looking ? And am I losing out on fun cause who cares and just use it and don't worry about losing money ? Would it be worth half if that way ? If you were shopping for one used to save money , wouldn't you like to get one like this vs. beat up ?
Here are some pics to show......
How much are got looking for it? I don't want the radio. I'd be interested for the right price.

How much are got looking for it? I don't want the radio. I'd be interested for the right price.
[/QUOTE]
Hi Ed , right now I am trying to decide if I should keep it or sell it , if I do pull the trigger on selling it , will let u know as you and I are both from Ct , and would be easy ( no shipping ) .

I say keep it and bash it. Being that it is an old model that went on sale a few months ago for $800, you might not get much for it.

OK , update , decided to keep it , glad I did!!! From the first ( and only time ) I drove it , as most of you know about this buggy , the steering is horrible . From watching YT vids , learned that it is the radio , so I put my Futaba 3PV in it today , WOW , great increase in steering !!! This thing turns great !! Charged up the batteries and went to the golf course ( shut down ) , running pretty much hard , full throttles across field , jumping , etc I got 25 minutes out of it 8s 100c 8000mah's . Motor was warm / hot , didn't have my temp gun .
It is currently stock , pinion/diff fluids/shock oil/etc and am very pleased with it . Def faster stock vs. stock compared to my K8S , but my K8S now has the 23t pin . As some of you replied , yes this is a beast !!! Flies thru the air great !!!! Doesn't traction roll, tires have just that sweet spot of grip , but will slide when you want it to . Can't run this and my K8S at same time , don't have enough 4s batteries , will pick some up . Will like to run all of these big 3 at the same time Xmaxx , K8s , and this one .

OK , update , decided to keep it , glad I did!!! From the first ( and only time ) I drove it , as most of you know about this buggy , the steering is horrible . From watching YT vids , learned that it is the radio , so I put my Futaba 3PV in it today , WOW , great increase in steering !!! This thing turns great !! Charged up the batteries and went to the golf course ( shut down ) , running pretty much hard , full throttles across field , jumping , etc I got 25 minutes out of it 8s 100c 8000mah's . Motor was warm / hot , didn't have my temp gun .
It is currently stock , pinion/diff fluids/shock oil/etc and am very pleased with it . Def faster stock vs. stock compared to my K8S , but my K8S now has the 23t pin . As some of you replied , yes this is a beast !!! Flies thru the air great !!!! Doesn't traction roll, tires have just that sweet spot of grip , but will slide when you want it to . Can't run this and my K8S at same time , don't have enough 4s batteries , will pick some up . Will like to run all of these big 3 at the same time Xmaxx , K8s , and this one .

Nice! I bought a 2.0, should be here next week. Get some more 4s packs, run one after another and tear out some Tee boxes! :ROFLMAO:

Yep. They are a blast. The stock tires from the v2 went on a kraton 6s. I'd like them on my outcast tho. The ones on it now just eat dirt in the corners man. Flat out rips and jumps like no prob I got this lol. I never knew how much fun those are till I drove it myself.

Went out again last night just before dark , the DBXL-E ran for about 25 minutes again till lvc , our Xmaxx , which I always remembered as lasting a long time , holy cow ran another 10-15 min longer than the Losi , and still didn't hit lvc , it got to dark to see , so we just stopped running . If my memory serves me , it lasts somewhere from 35-40 minutes . How the heck does it last so long compared to the K8S and Losi ?????? The batteries I use are the Traxxas 6700 4s 25c . Is it the low C rating that makes it last so long ?? Maybe because the truck is lighter ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back