Vendetta My low cell Vendetta build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my CNHL packs in, 2 2s and 1 3s so I can run: 2s 2p or 2s 4p, 3s 2p, 4s 4p, and 5s 2p. should get some crazy numbers this spring.
On the top there it says "high voltage" is that branding or are they HV batteries?
P1140308.JPG

Got my CNHL packs in, 2 2s and 1 3s so I can run: 2s 2p or 2s 4p, 3s 2p, 4s 4p, and 5s 2p. should get some crazy numbers this spring.
On the top there it says "high voltage" is that branding or are they HV batteries?
View attachment 260170
They aren’t advertised as being able to overcharge. still shows 11.1 on the 3s pack on the label so I’m assuming it is a sales tactic but with that said you could probably overcharge a little bit and be ok. It will shorten their life a lot tho. Start out with them at 4.20 per cell. If you are pushing the limits of the speed you can reach after progressing as much as you can, then maybe Do an overcharge and go for a higher speed

I'm gonna start following this. Excited to see what you do with it @TN-RC. You seem to be going about it right way. Good luck brother.
🏎💨👍
I think he is as well. I think the fact that he can try different battery configurations he will see what gives the best results

@K-BASH Are you still running the stock turnbuckles? I was going to get the GPM ones then I had some Traxxas ones laying around but to make them work I would have to mod them. I am just seeing if it is worth my time or money. I know that @vwturbowolf says to upgrade them but he is running 2x the voltage as I plain on and 30mph faster.

@K-BASH Are you still running the stock turnbuckles? I was going to get the GPM ones then I had some Traxxas ones laying around but to make them work I would have to mod them. I am just seeing if it is worth my time or money. I know that @vwturbowolf says to upgrade them but he is running 2x the voltage as I plain on and 30mph faster.
You don’t need to if you don’t want just watch them as you start to run the car they will eventually get a decent amount of slop to them. I did the superglue trick in the stock ones for a while

You don’t need to if you don’t want just watch them as you start to run the car they will eventually get a decent amount of slop to them. I did the superglue trick in the stock ones for a while
Did the balls break on you early on or when you were running 6S and 7S?
Also how do I adjust the stock ones?

Yes,somehow this car has had very little issues since I put it together,I'm the type,if it's working I won't change a thing till it isn't working..so I've never modified them..but I did end up have to add weight to nose of car as I went faster,not sure you'll need to,but heavier,better parts on front of car wouldn't be a bad thing..IMO
I've currently got 6 quarters an 8 nickels secured in front splitter for the nose weight mine requires. 😆😅🤣😂 RED,RED,RED,REDNECK
On everyone of my plastic chassis cars when pushed hard enough they will start (DARTING).what I call it,they just start going to the right or left at a set speed everytime on there own..either just go hard left or hard right..means front end is light an ya need more downforce or weight up front....imo all of the ones I've built have done this sooner or later at certain speeds depending on setup,model of car running..mini-typhon an stock typhons do it worse..my detta started doing this shortly after 100mph.heres vid of some darting

Last edited:
Can also keep a LCG with them.nickel is 5 grams an quarter 6
I am going to put some old 9v batteries on the front like you did. At this point I think i am going to try and run the stock tie rods since the Traxxas ones don't work and I don't want to spend hours making them work or spend $25 on some GPM ones. How do I adjust the stock one?

I am going to put some old 9v batteries on the front like you did. At this point I think i am going to try and run the stock tie rods since the Traxxas ones don't work and I don't want to spend hours making them work or spend $25 on some GPM ones. How do I adjust the stock one?
Before I started useing change,🤣😂I was useing this 1000mah 4s pack I used to run fan on esc,134 grams,car started darting again at 135mph so I added a 9v an I was good to my 142 pb.
16713328595806853911130807871529.jpg

The gpm ones are sooo much better for making quik adjustments.i would use them on front to add some weight an I'd definitely use the steering links cause those 2 will need adjusted the most.im constantly adjusting those 2.hole in center of the gpm ones an ya don't have to remove to adjust. 1.5mm driver hits hole an a quik turn an your done..these cars take alot of tuning to go straight.these make that easier an worth buying

Attachments

• 16713333577277989157347257559924.jpg
    16713333577277989157347257559924.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Big update here,
- I changed the links in the front so the car could be even lower.
- I 3d printed a front splitter for the car.
- I finally got my Kaniz RC spool and drive shaft with a 1/7th scale motor mount.
- I shimmed the front and rear Diff
- I made a 3d printed gear to see what gearing set up I could use, and I am going to run a 29/32 I just ordered a 32t 6mm pinon for the spool gear and a 30t pinion so I can gear up to a 30/32 (It was $7 on eBay, I could not pass it up)
- I installed GPM tie rods.
(I will add photos later)

What I have to still do for the testing stage
- find out how I am going to mount the battery since the motor sits on the battery tray side
- get my 32t gear and install it on the shaft
- put the shaft and spool all together
- mount my ESC
- Get the car tuned in

For main running
- I need to get a MMX8S and a TP motor (I will be using a Spektrum 160a combo on 3S and 4S for testing)
- Get a set of new GRPs (right now I have Hoons on the car and some used S3's that I can put on it)
- Get another FlySky FS-FGR4 Receiver (I will be using the one out of my 1/7th scale (I do not know how good it is because I had it outside of the Rec box and hit a curb and it get cracked up but the antenna is good) or I will be using my dumbo which is a very good radio receiver for $35 I used it with my 2wd car last year and I had it laser straight at 73mph).

Ok, so I finally got work done on the car today (it has been almost 4 months since my last post). I got the driveshaft, motor mount, and gears installed. (What a job) aligned the drive train (hopefully). Now all I have to do is mount my ESC, receiver and get my battery to fit well. I am experimenting with an aluminum spur gear which is 1/2 the price of an R/C steel one and is only 28g. I really need to buy some smaller spurs since the smallest pinion I can run is my new 30t (that makes the gear ratio 30/32 so it clogged really bad, and the wires get warm just running it at 10mph or less. I tested it my road on 4S and man, this little thing with a 150a ESC and restricted to 25% throttle went 35-40mph!
Good news for all, my build will be putting down numbers soon and it is not all talk (I am not bluffing about a build (it feels like that since it has been in the works for over 10 months now)). But this is bad news for @K-BASH since I am going to be coming for his 2S Vendetta record. :LOL: (he has got time, it won't be until next year before i put real electronics in it (MMX8S + TP = speed and power)
IMG_5668.JPG

Ok, so I finally got work done on the car today (it has been almost 4 months since my last post). I got the driveshaft, motor mount, and gears installed. (What a job) aligned the drive train (hopefully). Now all I have to do is mount my ESC, receiver and get my battery to fit well. I am experimenting with an aluminum spur gear which is 1/2 the price of an R/C steel one and is only 28g. I really need to buy some smaller spurs since the smallest pinion I can run is my new 30t (that makes the gear ratio 30/32 so it clogged really bad, and the wires get warm just running it at 10mph or less. I tested it my road on 4S and man, this little thing with a 150a ESC and restricted to 25% throttle went 35-40mph!
Good news for all, my build will be putting down numbers soon and it is not all talk (I am not bluffing about a build (it feels like that since it has been in the works for over 10 months now)). But this is bad news for @K-BASH since I am going to be coming for his 2S Vendetta record. :LOL: (he has got time, it won't be until next year before i put real electronics in it (MMX8S + TP = speed and power)
View attachment 318944
Nice setup there!
It maybe worth getting your feet wet with the low-cost electronics in there.
Run it up to 80 mph and that way if you crash you don't hurt a nice Castle / TP setup.

In
View attachment 318944
Ironically i should be recieving new 2s motor in mail today.my 101/2s pass i was at max gearing an log looked amazing..with this new motor i wont run out of gearing...also gonna be buying my 1st top tier 2s pack next week..expecting 110 with reg packs ..120+ on good packs...i hope

Nice setup there!
It maybe worth getting your feet wet with the low-cost electronics in there.
Run it up to 80 mph and that way if you crash you don't hurt a nice Castle / TP setup.
That was the plain! I think if you can get a 1/7th scale Infraction up to 100mph with this combo I think that 80+ in this car will be no problem.
I will be getting the car dilled straight, getting the gearing right, and fix any hiccups that come along before I put real power down.
In

Ironically i should be recieving new 2s motor in mail today.my 101/2s pass i was at max gearing an log looked amazing..with this new motor i wont run out of gearing...also gonna be buying my 1st top tier 2s pack next week..expecting 110 with reg packs ..120+ on good packs...i hope
Well, I guess you have it in the bag. but I will try and be on your heels! put the pressure on to push you to the top.
Once I get the TP and MMX8S I will be running the CNHL Parallel Series batteries.
With the set up i have now I should have less problems with gearing. It is a pain to change!

Got the stuff mounted down in my car. what a job, a lot of grinding on the chassis.
Ran it on the road in front of my hose, the car wanted to spin out.
I got 40mph with 3S with a 30% throttle restriction!
I had to bump my brake to 100% and I still need more. 30/32 must be way to aggressive for a 150a ESC.
This car is only 7.2lb loaded without the body!
P1390605.JPG
P1390598.JPG

Ran the car on 3S today I got up to 45 I think with 30%. the car wants to wipe out at 40+ so I turned on the gyro and put it to 50% and it worked so well.
I put it up to about 37% (all this is just a guess since it is just a small dile on the radio) it went 50mph and then off the road at 10mph or less (Rlaarlo wouldn't have liked that :LOL:) then I put it to 50% and nailed it, of course cut out but it went 51!
I need to get the body cut out so i can run it since I will trash the stuff inside if I crash, I went off the road at 40mph but thankfully it went end over end (twice) and it was in the grass, so it was all fine.
I am wondering when this thing is going to max out since at this rate, I will be well over 100 with 3S with an ESC that can barely do that with 6S.
Edit: I wanted to make a new PB with this car, but my high goal for today was 50mph and I got it! (right on the dot with the full run)

Last edited:
Back