Vendetta My low cell Vendetta build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TN-RC

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Vendetta
I just got my vendetta my plain is a low cell speed car 2S-4S looking to see 100mph+ with 2S, 120mph+ 3S, and 140mph+ on 4S
I will be using a TP motor and a MMX8S.
I made this thread to ask questions without fill up @vwturbowolf build thread for his 150mph+ Vendetta.

IMG_1177.JPG

#1 1st off I am taking off all the parts I don't need and then I will be rebuilding things like shocks and Diffs and upgrading other things.
My 2 questions for this update are: 1. Do I need to upgrade the rear wing and if so why and how? 2. I still would like to know what motor is best I am thinking a higher KV is good since you guys are maxing out your gearing without maxing out your cars. I am looking at: TP4050 3840kv, TP4050cm 3800kv, and TP4040cm 5600kv. Is there a con to any of these motors or why I should go with one or the other the only thing I am thinking about is that the normal motor is $119 instead of $159, hat is about 30% difference in price.
Calling @LibertyMKiii @vwturbowolf @K-BASH to the thread.

Last edited:
I don't know much about these cars.
I'd say a tp motor would handle the high amps better than the stock motor...

The issue tends to be gearing that fits from what I understand.
Hopefully @vwturbowolf can advise on gearing ranges.

I'd definitely go for a CM motor above 3200kv as a minimum.
Tp4050 seems like a good size for this car.
You are looking at watts and amperage handling of the motor since volts will be low.

I don't know much about these cars.
I'd say a tp motor would handle the high amps better than the stock motor...

The issue tends to be gearing that fits from what I understand.
Hopefully @vwturbowolf can advise on gearing ranges.

I'd definitely go for a CM motor above 3200kv as a minimum.
Tp4050 seems like a good size for this car.
You are looking at watts and amperage handling of the motor since volts will be low.

I was able to fit
32/32
28/34
29/34
28/36
24/38
22/38

Anywhere in between those can be made to work, but it is very frustrating working within
right gearing setups.
For instance when I had a 36t spur I couldn’t fit a 30t pinion so I had to make a new spool at 34.

If I chose another motor for my stock body vendetta for the setup you are doing is go with that 4050cm 3800

Last edited:
Just a quick heads-up:

you want the Hot racing 3S typhon center diff spool ( https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=ATF25R02;c=1578 ) and probably just convert to mod 1.0 gears while you're at it.

the magical ebay keyword that @K-BASH told me about was SRVO4XX where the last two digits are teeth count

https://www.ebay.com/itm/262605059409

these things work well (the hot racing ones seem to be made the best)
I might be wrong, but these FOH gears appear to have the same bolt pattern as the HR and are a fair bit less expensive. Might be worth checking out.
https://www.islandhobbynut.com/spur-gears

@TN-RC I would go with the Y-WIND tp4050cm 3800kv,it's in a class of its own being y-cm it has little amp draw..20 mil in diffs,use big rock hubs an steering blocks an mount grps.replace shocks with turnbuckles...remove survosaver for horn an ya got this 👇
Any motor over 4200kv requires a xlx2 to run it..my tiny tp4030-4400kv almost is all a mmx8s can take...it's 40×67mm lol
I've also got 160gram 1000mah 4s pack on nose of car to run fan on mmx8s an it helps weight distribution.without that pack car was super sketchy
I appreciate all the work you do with our speedrun list...I did this run on 29/34

Last edited:
Just finished reading all of @vwturbowolf Vendetta 150+ build thread I it has my brain going over 150mph just thinking about it all and it has made me think about things that I need to upgrade. Here are the things I am thinking about, and I would like to see what you would do @vwturbowolf and @K-BASH
- Can I run GRP's? Why would the big rock help me do that?
- Do I need HR Steering upgrades?
- Is stiffing up stuff like turnbuckles and arms needed? https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...only-for-6s-typhon-extentio.55443/post-802877
- Is 18kg servo good enough to go 130mph+?
- Do I need a splitter a front splitter? I see that K-Bash does not have one, and vwturbowolf has one.
- Is stiffing up the back of the body for less flex needed?
- Do I need to upgrade the rear wing or just take off the top plate so i have no extra down force?
- Should I just run turnbuckles, or should I do an inner and outer shock limit, so I have a little play in the suspension.
- Would running 32p (0.8m) instead of running Mod 1 benefit me since I could run a higher tooth pinon, or can I max the car out with the gearing that I can do with a Mod 1 set up?
- It looks like other then buying 17mm hex's I will have to buy the 3S Typhon shafts as well, Is that right?
I will be getting the TP 4050-CM 3800KV and a MMX8S.
I think I will be running 500K unless that is a big no-no for some reason.
I am thinking about going with the HR spool instead of making one.
Thank you, guys for the all the help with my builds.
Well I am not very thankful for the help of emptying my bank :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: other than the i am very thankful.

One of these days I might break down and buy one of these cars.
First line of business would be a custom slider motor mount adapted in from a 1/8 scale 6s rig.
I've seen the detta on sale for under 300$ recently. I love the platform,helped me on learning tuning,platform very finicky on tuning.ive currently got mine ready for a 2s pb hit with mmx8s an tp4060cm-3480kv with 30/31.ran 80mph other day on 2×half charged smc 2s packs.try to run here next couple days. @TN-RC
Thread 'Mounting 1/8 grps on detta/mega' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/mounting-1-8-grps-on-detta-mega.55333/

Last edited:
I was able to fit
32/32
28/34
29/34
28/36
24/38
22/38

Anywhere in between those can be made to work, but it is very frustrating working within
right gearing setups.
For instance when I had a 36t spur I couldn’t fit a 30t pinion so I had to make a new spool at 34.

If I chose another motor for my stock body vendetta for the setup you are doing is go with that 4050cm 3800
I am thinking about using .8 mod (32p) so I can get more options with the gearing. What problems would I run in to?

I am thinking about using .8 mod (32p) so I can get more options with the gearing. What problems would I run in to?
I would just try to use a metal gear.
Omar has reached great speeds running those setups.
You could even do the OkTay slipper hubs
image.jpg

Last edited:
38t is the smallest I can find but being 32p I should be able to fit a pinon big enough to go up to 1:1 the problem is this won't work on any of the spools and the stock slipper does with how small the hole is in the middle. STRXF38M08
I might have to cave in to running Mod 1. the only thing I can think of is to get KanizRC spool when I comes out and get a 5mm 32p pinon and make it a 6mm one but drilling out 1mm from the inside.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back