My Mega Raider build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rdub

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
image.png
Here it is all stock:

image.jpeg
Front shock support!

image.jpeg
Aluminum skid plate

image.jpeg
Steering is next. Ball ends coming.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Was a little bored and decided to give the wheels some color

Okay, maybe I'm under influence of too much Friday eve HH, but I'm confused on "got rid of 6 E clips".

We'll see...... Work seems to get in the way of all the fun in life! Lol

Helluva thing when they do not comprehend the extraordinary act of squeezing a Tx and executing a perfect take off and 10.0 landing should take presidence over some awful work task...

Helluva thing when they do not comprehend the extraordinary act of squeezing a Tx and executing a perfect take off and 10.0 landing should take presidence over some awful work task...
Going to BBQ in a local park for Memorial Day. Hopefully get some RC time while I'm there with the nephews. New addition of theirs is an ECX Torrent. All newbie stuff..... But we have fun!

Going to BBQ in a local park for Memorial Day. Hopefully get some RC time while I'm there with the nephews. New addition of theirs is an ECX Torrent. All newbie stuff..... But we have fun!
Sounds great!
I'm trying to bait my nephews into this sick world of RC.
It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it!

View attachment 1897 Got the Traxxas Anocondas on some Arrma discs for the pavement. Didn't think I was gonna like the discs but they don't look half bad IMHO
Great grip with the Anacondas on the street but the rounded style of the tread pattern definitely gives it more body roll. (I will try to stiffen up the shocks) Overall, its been a great setup for the street though.

Very nice upgrades!! On mine I swapped the shock oil to 40wt/500cSt on all 4 and also put a ~3mm clip to pre-load the front springs and it helped significantly with body roll

Very nice upgrades!! On mine I swapped the shock oil to 40wt/500cSt on all 4 and also put a ~3mm clip to pre-load the front springs and it helped significantly with body roll
Thanks. I actually just got some 40wt.... But I will have to try the bigger preload on the front.
I should've just bought the BLX cause this crazy addiction has me headed that way. Lol. Figured I'd make it stronger before I spring for the brushless setup.

I had similar thoughts (just buying BLX versions) but I end up replacing/upgrading so much (asides from what gets broken) over time, that I was happy to buy my Raider & Fury so cheap to start.. at least this way the ESC/Motor I've pulled to replace with BL wasn't already an expensive BL system, etc..

I had similar thoughts (just buying BLX versions) but I end up replacing/upgrading so much (asides from what gets broken) over time, that I was happy to buy my Raider & Fury so cheap to start.. at least this way the ESC/Motor I've pulled to replace with BL wasn't already an expensive BL system, etc..
I hear you on the cheap to start. $150 is hard to beat. Plus, sometimes I think I enjoy the mechanic part of it more than the driving.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back