My Mojave's: BLX and MEGA modified

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unusual RC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. Mojave
Here are my two trucks: a stocks BLX and a modified MEGA.

The first one has additional upgrades like:

- Fastrax aluminium shocks 75mm front and 95mm aft with red extra stiff springs, 350 sct silicon oil at the moment
- Savox SC-1258TG high speed all metal geared high-torque servo (not waterproof!)
- front wheels: Medial-Pro Blades soft compound
- rear wheels: Medial-Pro Velox soft compound

The MEGA has more modifications:

- Fastrax aluminium shocks 75mm front and 95mm aft with red extra stiff springs, 350 sct silicon oil at the moment (still waiting for the delivery of the front shocks)
- Savox SW-0230MG all metal geared servo high torque servo, waterproof
- front wheels: Medial-Pro Blades soft compound
- rear wheels: Medial-Pro Velox soft compound
- motor: Hobbyking 3520kV 540 size 4-pole motor
- Esc. Hobbyking Trakstar 80Amp, 1Amp BEC
- Spur and motorpinion from BLX (15T/57t)

Here are some pictures:

WP_20150406_15_39_11_Pro.jpg

WP_20150406_15_39_52_Pro.jpg

And a movie we made last summer (2014):

I have the BLX since last August 2014, and still going strong with no broken parts (yet). Quite amazing!

The MEGA is a different story. I bought them together on the correct Arrma article numbers, to make sure I got a 2013 specified truck, and not a 2011 one.
And they send me the 2011 one, which had a broken diff after 3 2S lipo packs.

I send it back and got the requested 2013. From that model the brushed motor burned after just 4x 2S 6000 mAh packs.
Then I installed the brushless system, which caused the notorious 2013 differential problem to pop up instantly.

To make a long story short: it has been in total almost 3 months away to the local distributor. Finally got the truck back with a new brushed motor, but no fixed diff.
My LHS arranged the differential maintenance kit (2014), which solved all problems.

Last weekend the Hobbyking esc. got burned, waiting for the warranty claim at the moment...

I am only quite unhappy with the local distributor's mindset. Not with the product. I spoke to him a few times on the phone, and customer satisfaction is something he does not understand the meaning off :p

It is the 80Amp 3520kV combo
WP_20150328_13_01_06_Pro.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back