My neighborhood bears are officially awake and quite hungry.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
Yup, first dumpster strike last night. I’ll go wander around the property later and check the bird feeders. Hopefully they left those alone this time.

You should setup a motion camera. Bears are cool

Hungry Yogi Bear GIF by Boomerang Official

You should setup a motion camera. Bears are cool

Hungry Yogi Bear GIF by Boomerang Official
Yeah, I have one that I’ve never put out. I‘ve gotten pretty good pix of them now and then with my DSLR. I followed one into the woods for probably 250 yards once. She occasionally turned around to see if I was still following her, but never made a sound or seem to give two poops.
This is a momma that was up the tree next to the house:
6775CDCC-CBB6-449E-BD6D-9FA1AD085686.jpeg

And look at the next one! She ended up having three bigger cubs waiting for her in the woods. I didn’t take any more pix after that, when I saw she had cubs I promptly went back in the house.
EC3436F4-9806-4BC7-A4C7-234A64664AA3.jpeg

Yeah, I have one that I’ve never put out. I‘ve gotten pretty good pix of them now and then with my DSLR. I followed one into the woods for probably 250 yards once. She occasionally turned around to see if I was still following her, but never made a sound or seem to give two poops.
This is a momma that was up the tree next to the house:
View attachment 289081
And look at the next one! She ended up having three bigger cubs waiting for her in the woods. I didn’t take any more pix after that, when I saw she had cubs I promptly went back in the house.
View attachment 289083
So cool man!
Beautiful animals there.

Look at the size of that paw

1680101423493.png

Yeah, I mostly love the bears. Over the years we’ve had a couple real hooligans though. They bend shepherd hooks into pretzels, crush the bird feeders, break stuff, knock over my grill, etc.
When good bears go bad…

When we lived in Black Mountain NC, we would've visitors frequently.....there was a drought during that time, so their natural food sources were reduced. Now that we live further out in the stix, we aren't visited as much....but one of our bird feeders was sacrificed recently

Yeah, I mostly love the bears. Over the years we’ve had a couple real hooligans though. They bend shepherd hooks into pretzels, crush the bird feeders, break stuff, knock over my grill, etc.
When good bears go bad…
Oh ya I could imagine, and my wife would freak out having the kids go play knowing bears are near.

So cool man!
Beautiful animals there.

Look at the size of that paw

View attachment 289084
Size 15?
When we lived in Black Mountain NC, we would've visitors frequently.....there was a drought during that time, so their natural food sources were reduced. Now that we live further out in the stix, we aren't visited as much....but one of our bird feeders was sacrificed recently
So cool. I’d rather have them around than not, even with the occasional PITA. Our bear population has grown a lot here in the last few years.
Oh ya I could imagine, and my wife would freak out having the kids go play knowing bears are near.
My nephew scared one up in the woods last year. They both ran equally fast in opposite directions.

I'm loving the conversation and the photos BUT as a lifelong city dweller I'd be scared as hell!!! I'm a little dude so I'd look like a nice snack for something that big. If it's big enough (or smart enough) not to fear me then I don't want it near me!! Hell I got into a staring match with a possum digging through a dumpster near my apartment building one night...the possum won!

When good bears go bad…
"When good bears go bad…"

Bad Bear, Bad Bear, what ya gonna do--------

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back