My Nero build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richiecarbon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hi,

Lucky enough to find a Nero being broken down for parts on a well known auction site. I much prefer to build my RC`s from scratch, best way to get to know it, IMO. Been messing with models for years, mainly e revo/summit platform, I have a revo thread over there.

6s is problematic in my experience, drivechain, tyres ect. Nero looks meaty in those departments, cant wait to have a run...waiting on a shell to be in stock and other bits to arrive...

Size comparison to the revo

Hope the grease in the diffs is enough, we will find out soon...rear, center diff locking servo`s fitted, waiting on a pin ring, which was missing from the packaging! to fit the front. I like the way it goes together, all the weight low, should be good for handling.

The nero looks tough stock, the revo has full lst drivechain, oil filled lst diffs,(RCM cases) hyper 7 center, multiple weights tried but still too much power to the front wheels. Have broken the lst crown wheel and pinion, 6s...
IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

My kraton spanks my buddys erevo my nero is awesome!! The arrmas are bui,t to take 6s while the traxxas is not unless you spend some $$$ and then diffs are tiny and still blow out frequently on 6s. I am really impressed with the arrmas and how well they are built. I got mine with a free diff brain upgrade and have had it apart added lockers and filled diffs with new oil. I am more than happy the shock rod ends and pushrod ends are a bit weak but i have spares and thats about all ive had issues with. I pound my rcs my kraton would fly if it had wings i jump it higher and faster than any other rc and it takes it like a champ.

That`s great to hear josh, looking forward to not breaking something every time I charge my cells... Is the oil staying in your diffs? I was thinking it would come out of the locker holes? hopefully my last bits will arrive tomorrow!

I have not had a problem as far as i know, when i did center i filled it a bit much and some did come out of locker holes but i wiped it off and it seems to be fine but i have not had them apart sonce filling so im not positive they seem to be holding the oil. Its much better to drive it does not diffout as much. I have changed oil in shox and adjusted preload moved some wires around... i have a thread in the nero forum about shock tuning and my build thus far. Ive cahnged steering servo out for a 444oz/in savox.

Just been reading your thread josh, like your thinking. I will run it stock and take it from there, that servo your using has some serious torque, nothing wrong with overkill! Some of the videos I have seen show the nero taking epic abuse!

No, March for my birthday, must have filled the form wrong, good start not knowing my own birthday! More than happy to have another birthday in August, can I have some RC bits please....

Built, bound, end points set, foam battery packers made, ready to go when the dynamite prophet sport duo charger arrives. Ah need a shell, green or blue is the question, no stock in the UK...

What holds the esc switch in then?
IMG_0327.JPG

My front two super swampers ballooned into pizza pies right away and both ripped open within 3 minutes of use. I re glued them and used braided fishing line - that worked for about another 3 minutes before ripping the fishing lines and ballooning and then ripping again. SOOOOO I bought two more but unassembled - I duct taped the wheels and put them together - let dry overnight.... Went out the next morning and sure enough - ripped open again. While they LOOK fantastic on the Nero - I simply cannot recommend at all. I have now wasted 150$ on Prolines in the past week. I also have to assume that these super swampers are not for speed anyway as they do not have a direction on the tire at all. I have since stuck to the only brand that seems to handle what the nero dishes out - my Redcat Avalanche tires. I ordered a set of four Terremoto V2 MTs - they are 6'5 and Im exited!!

Like the look of the Terremoto V2 MTs Julian. Again redcat bits not available in the UK

Bodyshell in blue, T bone front bumper & wheelie bar on the way from Holland! That took some finding, my Dutch not very good

Ohhh i have a set of terremoto 1/8 scale and will try them but they also baloon but are beadlocks... my buddy put big joes and a grave digger body on nis terremoto it looks sick... im not a fan of redcrap but i will give them a shot i need to order a set of beadlock rings two were broken when we tore it down for a few mods.... i will go put them on quick tho and post a pic unfortunately i cant run them just yet to test...

Anyone know if the low voltage cutoff can be adjusted? is there a pc interface? Did some manual esc settings to reverse the motor rotation, no mention of low voltage cutoff? Also can the onboard bec to adjusted? to say 7.4v for a nice high voltage servo.

Ohhh i have a set of terremoto 1/8 scale and will try them but they also baloon but are beadlocks... my buddy put big joes and a grave digger body on nis terremoto it looks sick... im not a fan of redcrap but i will give them a shot i need to order a set of beadlock rings two were broken when we tore it down for a few mods.... i will go put them on quick tho and post a pic unfortunately i cant run them just yet to test...
awesome - would love to see how they look.

Anyone know if the low voltage cutoff can be adjusted? is there a pc interface? Did some manual esc settings to reverse the motor rotation, no mention of low voltage cutoff? Also can the onboard bec to adjusted? to say 7.4v for a nice high voltage servo.
The bec is set to 7.2 factory, i set mine to 6.0v for servo i have, has not affected lockers they still work fine my front locker servo was not working now for awhile i jist removed it yesterday and will not replace it i like being able to loch center and rear tho, really had no use for front to lock...i am gonna fill holes with epoxy and put 100k diff lube in. I belive the esc is hobbywing rebranded so a hobbywing program xard may work i do not know but am considering ordering one or putting mmx in it...

Cheers josh, bet I end up doing exactly the same re filling holes & using diff lube. It the low voltage cutoff I am worried about, its adjustable on my mxl 6s, don`t want to over discharge my batteries

Cheers josh, bet I end up doing exactly the same re filling holes & using diff lube. It the low voltage cutoff I am worried about, its adjustable on my mxl 6s, don`t want to over discharge my batteries
Do you have a voltage tester? Also you can buy lvc alarms that plug in balance wire and beep loudly when set voltage is reached if your worried about over discharge... i think its around 3.5 or 3.6 volts that stock cuts off at... not positive so don't hold me to that statement.... its raining here or id go finish iff my packs from last night and check voltage...

Here is nero with terremoto wheels and tires... i need to order beadlock rings but this is what it looks like cant run it redcat want q
12 bux to ship a 9 dollar part and thats bot happening...
20160816_100107.jpg
20160816_100107.jpg
20160816_100120.jpg

Attachments

• 20160816_100124.jpg
    20160816_100124.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 57
  • 20160816_100137.jpg
    20160816_100137.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 60
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back