My Nero build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a voltage tester? Also you can buy lvc alarms that plug in balance wire and beep loudly when set voltage is reached if your worried about over discharge... i think its around 3.5 or 3.6 volts that stock cuts off at... not positive so don't hold me to that statement.... its raining here or id go finish iff my packs from last night and check voltage...

Here is nero with terremoto wheels and tires... i need to order beadlock rings but this is what it looks like cant run it redcat want q
12 bux to ship a 9 dollar part and thats bot happening...
View attachment 2523 View attachment 2523 View attachment 2524
Hey
Where did you purchase the tire/wheels and how do you like it compared to the stocks?

Andynero

Hey
Where did you purchase the tire/wheels and how do you like it compared to the stocks?

Andynero
I had them from a friends redcat... i found plenty of them on ebay... thats where i purchased the beadlock rings even got green ones... lol i did nit run them it was more of a put em on see how they look day... as soon as i have the beadlock rings i will post pics and my opinion of them vs stock also i have a set of badlands on my kraton i wan to try on the nero... waiting for arrma to send me a set of replacement tires for kraton... here is a link to the tires and wheels...Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/222169025144

@Julian how far are you from rochester ny?

Last edited:
Hey - that looks great man. On Redcat site they want $37 a pair. I just googled them and got a pair for 26$ with 6$ shipping. Spec point concepts I think.

I had them from a friends redcat... i found plenty of them on ebay... thats where i purchased the beadlock rings even got green ones... lol i did nit run them it was more of a put em on see how they look day... as soon as i have the beadlock rings i will post pics and my opinion of them vs stock also i have a set of badlands on my kraton i wan to try on the nero... waiting for arrma to send me a set of replacement tires for kraton... here is a link to the tires and wheels...Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/222169025144

@Julian how far are you from rochester ny?
I'm in New Rochelle NY bud. I think 2 hours? Not sure. New Rochelle is right next to Pelham & the Bronx. In fact - my hobby shop is Bruckner hobbies in Throgs Neck right near the Throgs Neck Bridge. 15 minute drive from my house.

Hey - that looks great man. On Redcat site they want $37 a pair. I just googled them and got a pair for 26$ with 6$ shipping. Spec point concepts I think.

I'm in New Rochelle NY bud. I think 2 hours? Not sure. New Rochelle is right next to Pelham & the Bronx. In fact - my hobby shop is Bruckner hobbies in Throgs Neck right near the Throgs Neck Bridge. 15 minute drive from my house.
I found them on ebay posted the link... $56 for 4 free shipping...

First run fun had, went to all three of my bashspots, up the camp, 2 mins away from my front door massive flat open space, great for set up testing and speed runs. Drove it steady for 10 mins let it cool for 10 mins, tightened the slipper, on with the show!! Bmx track and the woods for some hills and jumps.

Front spring collar fell out and that`s it, wound some more preload into the shocks no other problems to report, outrageously fast with the 17 tooth pinion, no heat probs and the weather was hot! Steering servo is pants, bit of a waste of money when I thought it would be, Hitec 7955TG on the way. Tyre grip was poor on the climbs, but plenty of other shoes on the shelf, will put the duratrax 6 packs on see how that goes, a lot more rotating mass but epic size, should make top speed even faster!

Having problems getting hold of the body shell, no stock in Europe at all it seems, 3 weeks I am being told...sort it out Arrma I want my shell. Any other UK/Euro owners having this problem

First run dirt & dust
IMG_0345.JPG

Loving the Nero, maybe even more than the ERBE

Do you have a voltage tester? Also you can buy lvc alarms that plug in balance wire and beep loudly when set voltage is reached if your worried about over discharge... i think its around 3.5 or 3.6 volts that stock cuts off at... not positive so don't hold me to that statement.... its raining here or id go finish iff my packs from last night and check voltage...

Here is nero with terremoto wheels and tires... i need to order beadlock rings but this is what it looks like cant run it redcat want q
12 bux to ship a 9 dollar part and thats bot happening...
View attachment 2523 View attachment 2523 View attachment 2524
AWESOME - they look great getting mine delivered tomorrow - can't wait to get home from work!!!!
Hey - what are those big ones sitting there????
THEY look fearsome too!

AWESOME - they look great getting mine delivered tomorrow - can't wait to get home from work!!!!
Hey - what are those big ones sitting there????
THEY look fearsome too!
If you don't have low voltage alarms i recomend getting some, i haveordered a couple for my batteries. Better safe than sorry spc recommends not letting voltage drop past 3.5v per cell. I don't wat to ruin these batteries or my onyx. My redcat tires did not work well, the front blew iff the bead in 30 seconds. Im goin to glue them and try again. Rite now my shop and jewelry bench are in middle of being pucked up and moved to make room for my new setup being delivered by my mom and aunt tomorrow when they come for a visit. The big tires you see in background are off my X-Maxx i use them as stands for my rigs, i have 10 that are no good busted wheels or foams wadded up in a ball... traxxas garbage. I will never buy anotber traxxas. Im in middle of making my stampede 4x4 into monster slash... running mm2 with a 2650kv motor. Lots more room for everything in skash chassis. Just need a few odds n ends and it will be complete. I get to oint a new body thats my favorite part nothing fancy but it will be green and blacknor green and white... gotta keep it all looking similar to trucks i have. I like green and black combo. My xmaxx has brand new top only ran it twice...

Man.... Who u tellin. Bought Oliver a 2x4 slash with the audio for his 10th birthday in May. It works but only has a range of twenty feet. So I switched out the stampede (also broken) receiver and it worked ... For about a week. Now it's back to running but the range is twenty feet or so. Shame because I had a castle combo sidewinder3 installed. On 3s - it's crazy fast. I'm sticking with Arrma trucks going forward. I meant the same esc in both the new Kraton and the Nero. Not good to hear about the Redcat terremoto tires. If they are no good - it's on to either different pro lines (trenchers? - what prolines would you get?. Or I'm looking at the Duratrax Six Pack MTs. I've got a Redcat volcano4x4, a stampede and slash - all on the shelf collecting dust. Oh yeah and a Earthquake 8 e - broken. But the earthquake was my first real truck. Crashed it racing a real Ford F-150 and it clipped a rear tire and the dog ones and arm broke. This was the night I got it. Don't vape and drive. Lol.

LVC set to 3.5 volts on my MXL6S, any idea what the nero`s esc is set to? unfortunately its not adjustable... I will dig my low voltage alarms out. Noticed front wheels spin with throttle blips in blast mode all diffs open, will have a play in the other modes and see how it goes. Probably going to put my 3.8 badlands and see how it handles then. Our two Jack Russel`s want to eat the wheels, little buggers...

View attachment 2616 View attachment 2617
Esc is diffrent in kraton than nero.

They may both be 150a but they are diffrent esc's the nero is larger and has cap pack on wiring and on esc.
I see that. I meant the Amps. Hey / I see your rear shocks are set one away from the innermost - I have mine at the outermost. I want the back high because the shocks are not bouncy. The shaft works but no more play in the rear. The good news is that they stay up...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 50
I do not know what its set at in the nero..i assume around 3.5 seeing as thats about where my batteries are at when i take them out... ... the asshole at spc says most are 3.2 however anytime i take batteries out of my xmaxx they are 3.6 or 3.7v i have not checked nero or kraton but they are not below 3.5. He said that is at idle under load they are much less and that damages batteries... i wonder with all this lipo talk why manufacturers do not set lvc to proper setting... spc guy was a peepee but i wasnt the nicest guy he had talked to either so i suppose my dickishness played a roll in his...im getting some low vpltage alarms it will be interesting to see how this works... my spc battery i fried is ducttaped and it charges without puffing or getting hot so i will keep it arou d for a bit and see what happens i ran it in nero the other night and it was fine a tad puffy but no worse than my onyx batteries.

I do not know what its set at in the nero..i assume around 3.5 seeing as thats about where my batteries are at when i take them out... ... the asshole at spc says most are 3.2 however anytime i take batteries out of my xmaxx they are 3.6 or 3.7v i have not checked nero or kraton but they are not below 3.5. He said that is at idle under load they are much less and that damages batteries... i wonder with all this LiPo talk why manufacturers do not set lvc to proper setting... spc guy was a peepee but i wasnt the nicest guy he had talked to either so i suppose my dickishness played a roll in his...im getting some low vpltage alarms it will be interesting to see how this works... my spc battery i fried is ducttaped and it charges without puffing or getting hot so i will keep it arou d for a bit and see what happens i ran it in nero the other night and it was fine a tad puffy but no worse than my onyx batteries.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 60
View attachment 2485 Last bits of my Nero puzzle, nearly 40 years old still feel like a kid when it comes to RCView attachment 2485
I started in December - bought my son a Redcat volcano. It's now August and I've bought 6 RCs since. I'm 48 years old and never been so addicted to a hobby since my brother and I built a massive TCR racing track out of about 4 sets in our basement growing up.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    343.8 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 71
Evening all, is anyone using/charging duratrax onyx 3S 5400mAh 50C lipo`s at more than 1C (5.4 amps)? I now have a elangears elan r pair of chargers & cronus power supply, question is can i use all 15 amps?IMG_0347.JPG

Hitec HS-7945TH 18kg at 6V & fastIMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0469.JPG IMG_0470.JPG Cheers Julian, yes clear body came with sticker/decal set, I applied the decals before the clear coat was applied to the outside, now all sealed in.

Attachments

• IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0470.JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 62
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back