My Nero's first run / bash.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PROs - it's fast and quiet. Built to last. I love the diff brain, you change change your setting to the terrain or track. Stock tires were better than the Talion stock. This is an all around Basher. There was a lot of R&D put into it.

CONs - The XT-90 came off a few times during my high jumps. I also broke 3 of the AR330338, which were frustrating. I've replacing it with my Associated spares. Battery compartment, I'm not a fan of the design. I also think that the rear shocks should have more travel. As for the jumps, I prefer the Talion. It's lighter and have more suspension travel.

I am impressed with the quiet. Just as fast as my other MT with the same ESC & Motor - just not tuned to the NERO. The handling is in a different world through - turns on a dime. With an upgraded servo - I think the NERO will be perfection. I took it up in the air about 12 feet and so far two runs - zero problems.

I am impressed with the quiet. Just as fast as my other MT with the same ESC & Motor - just not tuned to the NERO. The handling is in a different world through - turns on a dime. With an upgraded servo - I think the NERO will be perfection. I took it up in the air about 12 feet and so far two runs - zero problems.

Look at the video that I posted " Arrma Nero and Talion bmx bash" there were a few with the Nero going more than 12 feet and the Talion even higher.
I agree with you. The handling is superb.

I also broke 2 shock rod ball ends on my second run... ive replaced.them and ordered spares... i also broke the suspension rod ball ends orderd wrong part because i was in a hurry and not paying attention so monday it should be up and running again. Does anyone know of any stronger replacements? Im not blaming arrma i launched it pretty good and did not make any adjustmments prior to breaking... i have moved shocks in to 3rd hole and tightened up preload a bit. Im about out od 60 and 70wt shockoil so when i pick up.some other stuff monday at lhs i will grab more and redo shocks before i put it all back together. Also opened up diffs and put 50k center 100k rear and 50k mixed with a bit of 100k front... cant wait to see.how it handles now!!

I also broke 2 shock rod ball ends on my second run... ive replaced.them and ordered spares... i also broke the suspension rod ball ends orderd wrong part because i was in a hurry and not paying attention so monday it should be up and running again. Does anyone know of any stronger replacements? Im not blaming arrma i launched it pretty good and did not make any adjustmments prior to breaking... i have moved shocks in to 3rd hole and tightened up preload a bit. Im about out od 60 and 70wt shockoil so when i pick up.some other stuff monday at lhs i will grab more and redo shocks before i put it all back together. Also opened up diffs and put 50k center 100k rear and 50k mixed with a bit of 100k front... cant wait to see.how it handles now!!
Great idea Josh, please let me know how it works out for you.

I got a different approach in mind. I just bought the rival rims and will be putting Yeti XL tires. This will cushion the jumps better because it's a 40 series. I will also try crawling with the Nero. Ordered them from tower today.

PROs - it's fast and quiet. Built to last. I love the diff brain, you change change your setting to the terrain or track. Stock tires were better than the Talion stock. This is an all around Basher. There was a lot of R&D put into it.

CONs - The XT-90 came off a few times during my high jumps. I also broke 3 of the AR330338, which were frustrating. I've replacing it with my Associated spares. Battery compartment, I'm not a fan of the design. I also think that the rear shocks should have more travel. As for the jumps, I prefer the Talion. It's lighter and have more suspension travel.
Do you happen to know the part number for the Associated rod ends that are compatible with the AR330338 Arrma parts?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back