Kraton My New 12S kraton build is finished!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know about what they'd be like at 80mph, but these Louise(Duratrax) Tires & Wheels X-UPHILL X-Maxx (MFT) (2) LT3297B are holding up well on my 8s Kraton running a Max 5 combo with the 56113 motor, I've done a few full throttle passes with a 34t pinion and stock spur with great control and virtually no ballooning at all.

The Hex size is perfect, you just have to use a step drill to increase the size of the axle hole slightly, super easy to do.

Duratrax-Belted-Mounted-Tires-2.jpg

Screenshot_20201018-144710_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg

"Micro Fiber Tech (MFT) is a new innovation and technology which combines a unique woven belt and a special adhesive formula that perfectly bonds within the carcass of the tires. Therefore, its quality is retained over the entire lifetime of the product.

During driving, MFT belted technology effectively reduces and limits the rate of distortion and deformation of the tire, which provides a much more stable and a pleasant driving experience – especially at the high speeds that today’s RC cars are capable of achieving! MFT belted technology not only enhances the durability of the tire but also provides ultimate performance, traction and grip.

Feature:

A new innovation and technologyReduced weightReduced tire ballooning at high speedsA more rigid and consistent overall tire structureReduced distortion and flexIncreased stability and more even contact with the road surface More grip, longer tire life and reliability"

Last edited:
I don't know about what they'd be like at 80mph, but these Louise(Duratrax) Tires & Wheels X-UPHILL X-Maxx (MFT) (2) LT3297B are holding up well on my 8s Kraton running a Max 5 combo with the 56113 motor, I've done a few full throttle passes with a 34t pinion and stock spur with great control and virtually no ballooning at all.

The Hex size is perfect, you just have to use a step drill to increase the size of the axle hole slightly, super easy to do.

View attachment 105131

View attachment 105134

"Micro Fiber Tech (MFT) is a new innovation and technology which combines a unique woven belt and a special adhesive formula that perfectly bonds within the carcass of the tires. Therefore, its quality is retained over the entire lifetime of the product.

During driving, MFT belted technology effectively reduces and limits the rate of distortion and deformation of the tire, which provides a much more stable and a pleasant driving experience – especially at the high speeds that today’s RC cars are capable of achieving! MFT belted technology not only enhances the durability of the tire but also provides ultimate performance, traction and grip.

Feature:

A new innovation and technologyReduced weightReduced tire ballooning at high speedsA more rigid and consistent overall tire structureReduced distortion and flexIncreased stability and more even contact with the road surface More grip, longer tire life and reliability"
Hmmm, well I like the sound and look of them I'll look into them more for sure! Thanks man!

View attachment 105131

View attachment 105134

Feature:

My question about these is are either heavy you know? That's why I'm looking for new smaller one's because I already have some lockup X MT tires that are very similar to these and all four of them put some decent weight on the rig and of course they don't have only street threading on them also. @Primarrma

My question about these is are either heavy you know? That's why I'm looking for new smaller one's because I already have some lockup X MT tires that are very similar to these and all four of them put some decent weight on the rig and of course they don't have only street threading on them also. @Primarrma
These might fit the bill, however they are back ordered till January...
Not sure about their weight either. Gone bananas are probably your best option for speed runs, if that’s your goal.

D147EF92-D36E-4BB6-8443-77D8BDA39403.jpeg

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/bandito-x-belted-mounted-black-24mm-kraton-8s-2/DTXC5585.html

Louise tires are same as duratrax... the duratrax tires get branded that way for US sales.

Bandito X do ok but they wont hold up to higher speeds. Like 70-80 tops and they will start to come unglued so be careful if you go that route.

Rick is about 260 for a set of the banana foams. He's out of commission for a bit due to a shoulder surgery. In the meantime you could try these tires - https://cardinalracing.com/collecti...s/tyre-180-mm-asphalt-blue-medium-17-sp-wheel

They are for a 5th scale MCD car. They have a 24mm hex so they should bolt on. I have some for my MCD rally so Ill try them on my k8s to make sure they fit but they should work. I ran them on my xmaxx once. Personally I've done 90mph on these and i believe they will take a little more speed. They arent very tall is the only thing so you will need more gearing to compensate for the shorter size.

Louise tires are same as duratrax... the duratrax tires get branded that way for US sales.

Bandito X do ok but they wont hold up to higher speeds. Like 70-80 tops and they will start to come unglued so be careful if you go that route.

Rick is about 260 for a set of the banana foams. He's out of commission for a bit due to a shoulder surgery. In the meantime you could try these tires - https://cardinalracing.com/collecti...s/tyre-180-mm-asphalt-blue-medium-17-sp-wheel

They are for a 5th scale MCD car. They have a 24mm hex so they should bolt on. I have some for my MCD rally so Ill try them on my k8s to make sure they fit but they should work. I ran them on my xmaxx once. Personally I've done 90mph on these and i believe they will take a little more speed. They arent very tall is the only thing so you will need more gearing to compensate for the shorter size.
Ok awesome thank you very much! I am aware of gone bananas and I do want a set of tires but when I'm able to get some I will for sure! I'm going to check out the ones you just tagged and see what's up with those! Thank you again for all your help and feedback buddy I really appreciate it! Follow up with me when you put them on your K8S, do you have the stock set up or have your upgraded anything?

I don't do stock... haha! I have multiple 12s or higher rigs. A few of the mgm/lehner setups in some of my cars. I've been building 12s cars for a few years now.
Ok haha yea I don't do stock either I start upgrading almost right away! But I seen the oic of them on ur k8S so thats good they actually do fit i like the white spoke one's but I want them in another color! I never did any dye yet so I'll have to look that up if white is the only color they have lol

You can get rit dye from craft stores. Look up videos on youtube on how to do it. Just grab a pan or something from a thrift store since the dyes aren't meant to be food safe. don't want to use a pan you cook with to dye them haha!

On that site you can find the wheels and tires separately to purchase. Dye the wheels then glue them and youll he set. I think he sells straps to hold the tires ok the wheels while the glue sets also. I bought some but not from that store.

You can get rit dye from craft stores. Look up videos on youtube on how to do it. Just grab a pan or something from a thrift store since the dyes aren't meant to be food safe. don't want to use a pan you cook with to dye them haha!

On that site you can find the wheels and tires separately to purchase. Dye the wheels then glue them and youll he set. I think he sells straps to hold the tires ok the wheels while the glue sets also. I bought some but not from that store.
Ok I will do that man thank u haha. What glue do you use to mount tires??

Not sure. A buddy of mine is building the same tho. I'll ask him. Meanwhile...

I'd ask this dude for sure on 8s you should get where you want to be.
@SentFlying did you ever speak to your buddy about this yet?? Lol
Just look for rc tire glue at any hobby site.. should find some
Oh yea I know I was just curious if there was a brand you specifically use you know some brands are better then other's lol especially in the hobby world

@SentFlying did you ever speak to your buddy about this yet?? Lol

Oh yea I know I was just curious if there was a brand you specifically use you know some brands are better then other's lol especially in the hobby world
Not sure how I missed this reply. He said he's going in a different direction slightly. Somthin about 14s idk?

IMG_20201121_074623(1).jpg

I'm curious to see just how big this is.... pic please
Its the size of an 8s kraton. It's just an 8s kraton with a more powerful motor and better motor control. If you have anything 6s just think of it as like 2-1/2 times larger.

Last edited:
I'm curious to see just how big this is.... pic please
Aight no problem, I have a few pics that can show you the true scale of it haha here you go!

20200820_201425.jpg

20200820_201335.jpg

20200806_150239.jpg

Not sure how I missed this reply. He said he's going in a different direction slightly. Somthin about 14s idk?

View attachment 110137

Its the size of an 8s kraton. It's just an 8s kraton with a more powerful motor and better motor control. If you have anything 6s just think of it as like 2-1/2 times larger.
Exactly

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back