Kraton My new Arrma Kraton 6S BLX V4 upgrades before its maiden run.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry4804

Fairly New Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
First off I got a new Noble Flysky NB4 with 2 receivers on small and one large. I wanted a better transmitter and receiver than the stock Spektrum that it came with. I also bought a digital metal gear servo coreless and brushless but it hasn't arrived yet, it is rated at 30kg of torque. I also bought a bunch of upgrade parts including a few parts from Just Bash It including a new chassis etc...

If any of you have any hints on installation of the parts would be greatly appreciated.

I flew electric RC airplanes but later shifted to flying on the slope and loved using the wind for lift. The best thing about flying on the slope you can fly as long as you want depending on your receiver battery.

I also have a DJI Phantom 4 and a Mavic 2 Pro.

I had a Team Losi Monster Truck but I did like it because it would always break and would give me so much difficulty repairing it and getting it up and running. I like the Arrma Kraton 6S V4 build so much better and you could not do any of the maneuvers with the Team Losi. Take on jump with the Team Losi and it would be trashed.

Thanks in advanced,
Henry

First off I got a new Noble Flysky NB4 with 2 receivers on small and one large. I wanted a better transmitter and receiver than the stock Spektrum that it came with. I also bought a digital metal gear servo coreless and brushless but it hasn't arrived yet, it is rated at 30kg of torque. I also bought a bunch of upgrade parts including a few parts from Just Bash It including a new chassis etc...

If any of you have any hints on installation of the parts would be greatly appreciated.

I flew electric RC airplanes but later shifted to flying on the slope and loved using the wind for lift. The best thing about flying on the slope you can fly as long as you want depending on your receiver battery.

I had a Team Losi Monster Truck but I did like it because it would always break and would give me so much difficulty repairing it and getting it up and running. I like the Arrma Kraton 6S V4 build so much better anAlso running the same radio as you ?you could not do any of the maneuvers with the Team Losi. Take on jump with the Team Losi and it would be trashed.

Thanks in advanced,
Henry
Hello and welcome to the Arrma forum?? I just built my kraton from the ground up and used jbitrc chassis, towers and stage one kit. Most important thing to do is take your time and have fun. Also running Noble radio. Reccomend replacing ALL BEARINGS! Fasteddy has a great kit?since your going to have it all apart if go ahead and replace the a arms with rpm one's. All depends on how far you want to go with it. I'll post pictures of mine. Have fun and post pictures ??
20191030_222515.jpg
20191030_222504.jpg
20191030_222450.jpg
20191030_222433.jpg
20191026_215836.jpg
20191020_180811.jpg
20191020_180340.jpg

Also reccomend reading the posts about shimming your diffs and diff oil weight usage ?

Thank you for all your photos! I already have the Just Bash It Chassis and front and rear towers and braces if that is what you call it and a bunch more upgrade parts. Should I put on the towers like in your second photo to replace the stock one with aluminum? I plan to do the front so I won't get ahead of myself and the take on the rear towers. Would it be better to install all the upgrade parts before attacking the chassis? I plan to do the easiest things first.
Henry

Thank you for all your photos! I already have the Just Bash It Chassis and front and rear towers and braces if that is what you call it and a bunch more upgrade parts. Should I put on the towers like in your second photo to replace the stock one with aluminum? I plan to do the front so I won't get ahead of myself and the take on the rear towers. Would it be better to install all the upgrade parts before attacking the chassis? I plan to do the easiest things first.
Henry
What other upgrades do you have?

I will send you a photo of the upgrades that I have for now, but it will be a little later.
The first thing I should do is take off the wheels that way it will set on the my desk and allow to me to swap out the parts. I forgot to mention it.

Henry.

Remember all out Veterans today. (from a fellow Veteran)

Hello and welcome to the Arrma forum?? I just built my kraton from the ground up and used jbitrc chassis, towers and stage one kit. Most important thing to do is take your time and have fun. Also running Noble radio. Reccomend replacing ALL BEARINGS! Fasteddy has a great kit?since your going to have it all apart if go ahead and replace the a arms with rpm one's. All depends on how far you want to go with it. I'll post pictures of mine. Have fun and post pictures ??View attachment 53422View attachment 53423View attachment 53424View attachment 53425View attachment 53426View attachment 53427View attachment 53428
Also reccomend reading the posts about shimming your diffs and diff oil weight usage ?
I really need to get mudguards for my Talion it's almost funny how much crap ends up everywhere in the rear. Probably worse than on the Kraton because it the super short side guards. Welcome op jealous of the radio!

Here is the upgrades that I have so far.
First thing I did was to take of the wheels of my Kraton and then took the body. The next thing I did was remove the receiver cover and removed the cover and the mount size the Noble Flysky large receiver was way to large. Did you use Velcro to mount the receiver or did you make some kind of waterproof box? I could use a straw to place the antenna wire with post.

Should I replace the chassis with the Just Bash It chassis first, it looks like it would be easier by removing the chassis bottom screws that I would keep all the other parts intact? Is that a good idea? Then I could attack the front and later the rear. I just to what is easier first without taking a part anything that I don't need to.

Thanks Henry

Attachments

• 20191113_123135_resized.jpg
    20191113_123135_resized.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
If your Noble has the RX with the antenna I think you need to diy a new waterproof box on there. Or get their little antennaless rx. A full chassis swap is a lot easier than it looks. You can do the whole thing in less than an hour, but make sure you use heat whenever you are removing any screws that go metal to metal especially first time because they are loctited AF.

If your Noble has the RX with the antenna I think you need to diy a new waterproof box on there. Or get their little antennaless rx. A full chassis swap is a lot easier than it looks. You can do the whole thing in less than an hour, but make sure you use heat whenever you are removing any screws that go metal to metal especially first time because they are loctited AF.
Very true! Anything screwed into metal will need heat before you try to remove screws as Arrma uses a lot of threadlock.
Very true! Anything screwed into metal will need heat before you try to remove screws as Arrma uses a lot of threadlock.
My Noble nb4 came with 2 micro receivers that are wireless for antennas ?
As far as full chassis swap in less than an hour.... Only if your not going through the diffs etc... My build took way longer but I took my time.

I had a Team Losi Monster Truck but I did like it because it would always break and would give me so much difficulty repairing it and getting it up and running. I like the Arrma Kraton 6S V4 build so much better and you could not do any of the maneuvers with the Team Losi. Take on jump with the Team Losi and it would be trashed.

Thanks in advanced,
Henry
Since you're probably using the existing screws.... One part at a time. I started with the front end and worked my way back etc... ?
Enjoy your build bro! Post pictures ??

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the Arrma forum?? I just built my kraton from the ground up and used jbitrc chassis, towers and stage one kit. Most important thing to do is take your time and have fun. Also running Noble radio. Reccomend replacing ALL BEARINGS! Fasteddy has a great kit?since your going to have it all apart if go ahead and replace the a arms with rpm one's. All depends on how far you want to go with it. I'll post pictures of mine. Have fun and post pictures ??View attachment 53422View attachment 53423View attachment 53424View attachment 53425View attachment 53426View attachment 53427View attachment 53428
beautiful truck.... how much does that thing weigh?

Yeah will take way longer if you do what would be the best thing to do at the time of a chassis swap - all bearings to rubber sealed, shim diffs,m2c droop screws. Probably half a day to do a deep dive.

I watched a video on YouTube how to swap the chassis with my Just Bash It chassis and then after I get that done I will install the front and rear shock towers.

Using heat to loosen the screws should I use my old covering iron for RC airplanes or could I use my old hair dryer (it has multiple adjustments).

I ordered a Dewalt Gyroscopic 8 Volt electric screw driver DCF680 and it arrive this Monday. I thought it was one of the best.

I will have to figure out what to make the RX box out of and how to mount it.

Progress will be slow.
Henry

I watched a video on YouTube how to swap the chassis with my Just Bash It chassis and then after I get that done I will install the front and rear shock towers.

Using heat to loosen the screws should I use my old covering iron for RC airplanes or could I use my old hair dryer (it has multiple adjustments).

I ordered a Dewalt Gyroscopic 8 Volt electric screw driver DCF680 and it arrive this Monday. I thought it was one of the best.

I will have to figure out what to make the RX box out of and how to mount it.

Progress will be slow.
Henry
I have the same driver for my RC toolbox and love it.

Here is the upgrades that I have so far.
First thing I did was to take of the wheels of my Kraton and then took the body. The next thing I did was remove the receiver cover and removed the cover and the mount size the Noble Flysky large receiver was way to large. Did you use Velcro to mount the receiver or did you make some kind of waterproof box? I could use a straw to place the antenna wire with post.

Should I replace the chassis with the Just Bash It chassis first, it looks like it would be easier by removing the chassis bottom screws that I would keep all the other parts intact? Is that a good idea? Then I could attack the front and later the rear. I just to what is easier first without taking a part anything that I don't need to.

Thanks Henry
I would remove the front end from the original chassis... Install the new front shock tower then install it to the new chassis etc... ?
beautiful truck.... how much does that thing weigh?
Thank you. I just weighed the truck.... Without battery she's 12.1 lbs?

Last edited:
A few more upgrades parts came in today.
I forgot to resize the photo but I but it took anyway.
Jon Dill 1974;
I am anxiously wait for mine to arrive. All you have to do is rotate it to the right or left and it will do its job, and you can regulate the amount of torque by how severely you rotate it, that is so amazing to me. Money well spent!!!

Attachments

• 20191114_134647.jpg
    20191114_134647.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
A few more upgrades parts came in today.
I forgot to resize the photo but I but it took anyway.
Jon Dill 1974;
I am anxiously wait for mine to arrive. All you have to do is rotate it to the right or left and it will do its job, and you can regulate the amount of torque by how severely you rotate it, that is so amazing to me. Money well spent!!!
Yep it makes working on RCs much easier. I use mine quite often out of necessity.

I just saw something on YouTube about how to water your RX servo and ESC using a spray, and it is a great idea. I just need to find out which spray is best. It will great to have my Kraton ready for the snow year.

That sounds great much better than making a waterproof container. You have a brand names that you would recommend?

Last edited:
I went with a TechSpray Turbo Coat Acrylic Conformal Coating that I saw on YouTube that I liked. It will come in this Tuesday from Ebay and I will see how good it performs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back