Kraton My new Arrma Kraton 6S BLX V4 upgrades before its maiden run.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use eagle 1... it's all the same for the most part. Great choice I was just looking at that myself.
I would recommend one of those velcro chassis dust covers as well. They keep all the snow out
When you are done in the snow with the spray,cover and compressed air it's like new in less then a min

Thanks for the info. I have a little air and will do just. It should start snow here in Carson City NV real soon, how is the weather in Michigan and have you git a dusting?

I am going to wait until I get my Dewalt Gyroscopic screwdriver comes in, you need the right tools right?

I find it best for me to replace and upgrade parts as needed. That way you get a feel for the vehicle’s performance and handling. Sooner or later you find yourself in a position that you need to straighten a chassis or shock tower and “bam”! You have instant upgrades. I understand the urge to do it all at once but that cheats you from knowing how the lighter car drives and feels.
To each their own though. Those are definitely solid upgrades.

Thanks for the info. I have a little air and will do just. It should start snow here in Carson City NV real soon, how is the weather in Michigan and have you git a dusting?

I am going to wait until I get my Dewalt Gyroscopic screwdriver comes in, you need the right tools right?
Here just a few miles south of Michigan we got a few inches on Monday. I love my DeWALT. Saves me tons of time. I really like an in-line driver for RC work. I have a bunch of Milwaukee M12 Fuel drills and drivers for bigger stuff. But they are really overkill for small RC stuff.

I have a Just Bash It chassis and front and rear shock towers and I am not sure what they are called but I think it is called the front and rear braces. That is what I plan to do first my reason, wouldn't a few upgrades parts help to prevent unnecessary breakage of other parts.

I have a Just Bash It chassis and front and rear shock towers and I am not sure what they are called but I think it is called the front and rear braces. That is what I plan to do first my reason, wouldn't a few upgrades parts help to prevent unnecessary breakage of other parts.
Of course, upgrades are just that. Upgrades. I was just sharing my mentality when buying a new RC. Let parts break when they do. Upgrade them at that time. It can save you from upgrading things that may actually last a long time. And I believe, from what I’ve read, that chassis is a tank. So I would save that upgrade for when I actually need it.

Lovestrick;

What is the name of the brand of ceramic spray that you use because there are so many choices and I can not tell which is the best.

Lovestrick;

What is the name of the brand of ceramic spray that you use because there are so many choices and I can not tell which is the best.
I have used a few different brands. They are all the same for the most part well for what we do at least. I use eagle 1 mostly. If you are looking for a great brand Adam's works great and gives the plastic a shine as well.....
We got about 8 inches of snow already. Just came in from playing in the snow with my losi.... the kraton is getting a new akerman at the moment just haven't put it on yet....
As far as upgrades go.... just fix it as it breaks.... only parts I ever change out of the box are servo/radio, shock towers and chassis braces. I learned quick trying to have a bad ass nodded car is gonna leave you broke and disappointed. Think of it this way. You want your car to break when it needs to.... once upon a time 10 years ago or so. I had a car that had everything done to it you could think of... 2 speed trans, alloy everything it was built like a tank.. one day not even bashing it around I slammed into a curb at like 20 mph. Every thing exploded like a bomb I was in awestruck.. I couldn't believe my eyes. I walked over and everything and I mean everything was done for. Reason being. Everything was so bulletproof the energy from impact had no where to go so the whole thing twisted and bent out of shape which took screws and dog bones with it.... now I make sure all 4 corners can break it that makes sense. If I left all 4 corners stock I would have just been changing an a arm and maybe a shock tower if I couldn't beat it back into shape... what could have been a $20 fix cost me over $1000 on a throw away car at that point... I did end up fixing it because I felt like I owed it to the car lol... fixed it with stock parts and cost more then just buying it new again?? ...
Moral of the story is fix it as it brakes. Only thing I would suggest is to upgrade around the chassis. Towers,braces and chassis if you really want. Just leave everything else alone because you will hit stuff lol we all do.. remember all these people you might be watching like rich duberbash and rcdude. They have broken lots of parts and you don't see all the crashes they have off camera. They are good don't get me wrong but you have to brake a lot of parts before you or I will get there lol. Good luck man and keep her clean and she will work much better for you.

Lovestricken;
All I am going to do is replace the chassis and the front and rear shock towers and the front and rear braces and save the rest for later. I will also do all the water proofing when I get the spray. I am an old retired guy who just wanted to get back into the RC car hobby again and just trying to stay busy. Besides the winter months are almost here and I can't go shooting.

I am progress slowly with all most all the parts on the Just Bash It chassis. I will install the shock braces both front and rear and will install the front and rear braces. I will install any of easier upgrades. I just have to figure out how to tear down each and transfer it to the new chassis, so far it is going well.

I blew it, I forgot about the red nut and I stripped out both screws and the part # AR34006 are still in the chassis and I more of these parts and along with the screw and an extra pack of screws from Arrma. I stripped the heads because I couldn't get the screws to loosen. I used a Protek Tool and they kept spinning hard and would loosen and I tried using the Dewalt 8volt gyroscopic driver in the pistol mode but it wouldn't loosen.
I put a 2 day rush on the parts. Oh! well lesson learned.

I am wondering why I got get the screws to loosen and they are still stuck to the original chassis??? Should I take vice grips and try to take them off? I think I will try install the other upgrades since I got it all apart. I hope my parts arrive real soon.

What type of Blue Loctite is best the 242 or the 243? I got the 243 on the way. I plan on doing it on all the screws that fasten to my chassis.
Next time I will take photos before I disassemble, it would make so easy the next time.

Hello and welcome to the Arrma forum?? I just built my kraton from the ground up and used jbitrc chassis, towers and stage one kit. Most important thing to do is take your time and have fun. Also running Noble radio. Reccomend replacing ALL BEARINGS! Fasteddy has a great kit?since your going to have it all apart if go ahead and replace the a arms with rpm one's. All depends on how far you want to go with it. I'll post pictures of mine. Have fun and post pictures ??View attachment 53422View attachment 53423View attachment 53424View attachment 53425View attachment 53426View attachment 53427View attachment 53428
Also reccomend reading the posts about shimming your diffs and diff oil weight usage ?
Wow!! That paint job look sick. Nice work building that awesome beefed up beasher

What type of Blue Loctite is best the 242 or the 243? I got the 243 on the way. I plan on doing it on all the screws that fasten to my chassis.
Next time I will take photos before I disassemble, it would make so easy the next time.
Looks like 243 is made for oil contaminated bolts. 242 needs a clean bolt to adhere. 243 will have more holding strength too.

925AB44A-B0D6-462C-8DB7-CB974941557E.jpeg

First off I got a new Noble Flysky NB4 with 2 receivers on small and one large. I wanted a better transmitter and receiver than the stock Spektrum that it came with. I also bought a digital metal gear servo coreless and brushless but it hasn't arrived yet, it is rated at 30kg of torque. I also bought a bunch of upgrade parts including a few parts from Just Bash It including a new chassis etc...

If any of you have any hints on installation of the parts would be greatly appreciated.

I flew electric RC airplanes but later shifted to flying on the slope and loved using the wind for lift. The best thing about flying on the slope you can fly as long as you want depending on your receiver battery.

I also have a DJI Phantom 4 and a Mavic 2 Pro.

I had a Team Losi Monster Truck but I did like it because it would always break and would give me so much difficulty repairing it and getting it up and running. I like the Arrma Kraton 6S V4 build so much better and you could not do any of the maneuvers with the Team Losi. Take on jump with the Team Losi and it would be trashed.

Thanks in advanced,
Henry
Nice mine, for my kraton 6s, I'm getting some upgrades from hot raceing!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back