My new cleaning solution that works!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
I went out today with the 6s Typhon and Big Rock Crew Cab. On our second day with sun and no rain, it was still plenty wet and muddy at the park near where I live but I decided to go ahead and blast it anyway.
On the ride home I was dreading the standard after-run cleaning ritual but knew it had to be done and decided to think about what I could do to make it more fun, quicker and most effective. So, I headed to Home Depot and found a simple set-up that works very well for me. Nothing really new here; just a refined tool set that allows for detail and control.

I bought a 25' RV hose because it's exactly the length I need and both my hoses are old, junky and much longer than necessary.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Element-1-2-in-Dia-x-25-ft-Marine-RV-Water-Hose-CELULMRV12025/300533310
I also picked up an inline cutoff valve for rapid on-off control
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gilmour-Single-Flex-Connect-Shut-Off-Hose-Adapter-50305HD/205886165
Finally, I grabbed a fine Little Big Shot nozzle that allows for pinpoint accuracy and perfect amount of force.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Little-Big-Shot-Super-Nozzle-LBSR-1/202514529

The little nozzle is really the star of the show. It gets to a very fine needle stream with just the right amount of power to direct into all of the hard to reach spots on my vehicles without over-soaking electrics. I always felt nervous using a volume of water and this thing gets exactly right where I want it.

So, now my process works as follows:
1. Remove batteries and adapters / loop adapter
2. quickly brush off any big dirt clumps
3. soak down with Simple Green 1:1 water
3.5 grab a beer, some peanuts, ponder, finish the beer
4. Use the Little Big Shot with the finest stream of water in all hard to reach areas
5. open the nozzle to get a medium spray pattern and go over the rest of the trucks including tires, wing, bottom of chassis
6. dry off with a 6' square Plush drying towel from Harbor Freight
7. use air compressor and go over the entire truck in detail paying close attention to bearings and metal
8. bring vehicles inside and set on top of a thick towel to thoroughly dry before adding any power to it
9. after drying, AVID Slip Bearing Oil, WD-40 wiped on plastics, Armor All tire dressing

That's it! The Little Big Shot should really be seen in person to understand it's full potential.

little-big-shot-nozzles-wands-lbsr-1-c3_1000.jpg

There are plenty online reviews of the Little Big Shot Super Nozzle if you want to see it in action. The bearings and gasket are truly next level, Such a simple product that's hugely effective for cleaning RCs.
When I was deciding which nozzle to try in HD, I was drawn to the Made In USA by Disabled Veterans first, then the $8 price tag. After I got back home and tried it all out, I knew I'd found what I need and what had always been a chore became fun. Now I'm much less afraid of mud and dirt where in the past I tried to avoid it. No reason for the rainy weather to limit my driving time ever again. (y)

There are plenty online reviews of the Little Big Shot Super Nozzle if you want to see it in action. The bearings and gasket are truly next level, Such a simple product that's hugely effective for cleaning RCs.
When I was deciding which nozzle to try in HD, I was drawn to the Made In USA by Disabled Veterans first, then the $8 price tag. After I got back home and tried it all out, I knew I'd found what I need and what had always been a chore became fun. Now I'm much less afraid of mud and dirt where in the past I tried to avoid it. No reason for the rainy weather to limit my driving time ever again. (y)
I just went online to see which local Home Depots here in Toronto might have one, and they're almost all sold out! Also, for the first time ever, it's cheaper here at $5.99 CAD. I would blame your post for the sell out, but it was only a couple of hours ago;)

After you’re done, a coat of Maxima SC1 HIGH GLOSS COATING. $9.95 @ net wt. 12 OZ.

I call it “new rig in a can”, lol.
This stuff works wonders. I think I have like 7-9 cans. Couldn’t pass up a good deal and I love this stuff, ha. They sell it in smaller cans for you to try but go ahead and buy a big one. You’ll be impressed. And it doesn’t smell too bad, lol.

After you’re done, a coat of Maxima SC1 HIGH GLOSS COATING. $9.95 @ net wt. 12 OZ.

This stuff works wonders. I think I have like 7-9 cans. Couldn’t pass up a good deal and I love this stuff, ha. They sell it in smaller cans for you to try but go ahead and buy a big one. You’ll be impressed. And it doesn’t smell too bad, lol.

Think I’m gonna try the SC1 after my Moo-Slick runs out.

Oops we ran into some problems!
Enter a valid message.

Attachments

• F36B96C8-65AD-4C3A-930A-33D99508E5EC.jpeg
    F36B96C8-65AD-4C3A-930A-33D99508E5EC.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 61

Can't find it locally yet and would certainly be interested to find a smaller can to try out. So far best deal in a quick search is three cans for $28 at Amazon. Still would rather try a smaller size first to see if I can use it elsewhere around the house / full size truck. (y)

Well it’s made for the outdoors, ATV plastic so whatever falls in that.

Think I’m gonna try the SC1 after my Moo-Slick runs out.

I want to try Moo Slick too but shipping is crazy high from their site and even Ebay.
I have one LHS within 50 miles but haven't seen yet if they carry CowRC stuff.
When I get a couple days off, I plan to travel 100 miles (one way) to Lafayette where there's a proper LHS and I think a connected track. My plan is to bring a silly wad of $ and buy a bunch of stuff including either a Granite or Senton 4x4 1:10 while I'm there.
And certainly devour some truly, real-deal, swampy, South Louisiana cuisine while I'm in the neighborhood.... as the rule of travel to anywhere special. ????

That definitely sounds like a plan to me @crimsonfancy! I don’t know of any hobby stores around me that carry it. You’re best bet is probably the shop with the track. I would imagine racers would buy this stuff pretty regularly...maybe enough so that it makes sense for the shop to carry it.

I want to try Moo Slick too but shipping is crazy high from their site and even Ebay.
When I get a couple days off, I plan to travel 100 miles (one way) to Lafayette where there's a proper LHS and I think a connected track. My plan is to bring a silly wad of $ and buy a bunch of stuff including either a Granite or Senton 4x4 1:10 while I'm there.
And certainly devour some truly, real-deal, swampy, South Louisiana cuisine while I'm in the neighborhood.... as the rule of travel to anywhere special. ????

Get the Granite ?

That sounds like a great day. I want to go with you.

That sounds like a great day. I want to go with you.

I'd love to have a partner to make the trip with! RC surface hobbyists are zero where I live. Nobody to bash or build with. Nobody to compete with. Shame really.
I'm relatively new to the hobby but I do very well know how to eat and source the good stuff. I can always offer a big day in food but have had no luck convincing folks around me to get in on the RC fun.

I’ve heard good things about that MooCow bidness.

I’ve had ZERO luck finding anyone local myself. Last dude owed me money and dropped off a couple rcs thinking it was enough in payment to make us square. He still owes me.
Little bit of advice. If anyone ever does any dealing with a Stephen Fendley from Ridgefield, Wa........to keep from possibly dealing with future heart ache please get everything in writing, smh.

Most of the cool rc people I come across, which is purdy much everyone. They all live on the right coast.
I even bought my neighbor a spent Talion. I give him all the stuff I replaced off a brand new Kraton to build him some5ing and he’s not done anything, lol. I give up, lol.

But back to the cleaner. I get the SC1 from the local motorcickle dealership.

I’ve heard good things about that MooCow bidness.

I’ve had ZERO luck finding anyone local myself. Last dude owed me money and dropped off a couple rcs thinking it was enough in payment to make us square. He still owes me.
Little bit of advice. If anyone ever does any dealing with a Stephen Fendley from Ridgefield, Wa........to keep from possibly dealing with future heart ache please get everything in writing, smh.

Most of the cool rc people I come across, which is purdy much everyone. They all live on the right coast.
I even bought my neighbor a spent Talion. I give him all the stuff I replaced off a brand new Kraton to build him some5ing and he’s not done anything, lol. I give up, lol.

But back to the cleaner. I get the SC1 from the local motorcickle dealership.
I have that SC1 on my list too.
I can tell that if I lived closer to you, we'd find ourselves blasting all of it. You'd be a welcome right coast neighbor and we'd have nonstop big fun.

Thanks for this post crimsonfancy!
Ive seen it but never paid attention to it but its pretty cool how small that jet gets. Im going to grab one today hopefully.
As always i checked online first and i wanted to bring this to peoples attention if they are. Some reviewers claimed to receive a knock off and or versions made in china even though the seller posted a picture of the real USA built nozzle.
Buyer beware!
Buy locally at home depot

I bought a Hang-All thing from Harbor Freight for $1 with coupon. (Actually bought three of them total.)
Screwed it to my fence and this is how I clean my rigs now.
Simple Green, water sprayer / Little Big Shot, compressed air, finish now with SC1(new rig in a can)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back