My new favorite soldering tip Hakko

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crewchief227

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I just got this in the other day, and thought I would share my thoughts. It's the Hakko T18-C3, a tip designed for all the knockoff Hakko 936 stations (TrakPower, Yuhia, etc), and of course those fortunate enough to own a real Hakko 936, 937, or FX888D.?

20200107_073451.jpg

20200107_073546.jpg

It's not a chisel, not a knife, and not a conical, it's like having all three!? Fits perfectly in connectors & man is it good at transferring heat. It's like it was made for connectors, even though Hakko described it as being for "drag soldering". Also side note, I'm only buying genuine Hakko tips from now on. They fit better, and transfer heat efficiently enough to drop my temps by 30C.?

Thanks for posting. I've always used the cheap $10-20 irons and it's frutstrating. Looking at the FX888D now. :)
I just got this one for myself for Christmas, it's really well made, and feels good in the hand.
Soldering Station, 65W Tilswall Solder Station Welding Iron with Smart Temperature Control (392°F-896°F), Extra 5pcs Soldering Tips, Built-in Transformer, Ideal for School Lab & Hobby https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XG1PD6D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_xtmfEb8C8N16K

But I think it's disappeared because they were selling it too cheap. Get a Hakko, you won't be disappointed. I just didn't have funds at the time.?

Good tools are always worth the money. They save a lot of time and effort and the older I get the harder it is to find extra time.
Good advice here. Good tools make working on stuff so much more enjoyable. When my son built his first car at xmas, I made him use the box spanner that came with it, the allen keys and a screwdriver. After that he appreciates how good it is to have good tools.

That's the kind of tip I always use on my Hakko when I'm soldering connectors.
I rewired my RX8 gen 2 (you know with the notoriously hard "forked" posts) like it was nothing. ? Even tinning & soldering Dean 12ga Wet Noodle power leads with ease. Love this tip, even knocked out my Son's Hobbywing by the time my Wife could braid one side of my daughter's hair. ?? It made soldering fun again.

I just got this in the other day, and thought I would share my thoughts. It's the Hakko T18-C3, a tip designed for all the knockoff Hakko 936 stations (TrakPower, Yuhia, etc), and of course those fortunate enough to own a real Hakko 936, 937, or FX888D.?

It's not a chisel, not a knife, and not a conical, it's like having all three!? Fits perfectly in connectors & man is it good at transferring heat. It's like it was made for connectors, even though Hakko described it as being for "drag soldering". Also side note, I'm only buying genuine Hakko tips from now on. They fit better, and transfer heat efficiently enough to drop my temps by 30C.?

How is this tip better than the original tip I got with the FX888D? New to soldering so please excuse my ignorance.

I rewired my RX8 gen 2 (you know with the notoriously hard "forked" posts) like it was nothing. ? Even tinning & soldering Dean 12ga Wet Noodle power leads with ease. Love this tip, even knocked out my Son's Hobbywing by the time my Wife could braid one side of my daughter's hair. ?? It made soldering fun again.

The joys of using good quality, proper tools....!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back