Kraton My New Kraton 6S BLX Upgrade!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Amor

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone
Yesterday I received my arrma kraton 6s BLX
I wanted to know what you would recommend me to do or upgrade to enjoy the car
I like to jump with her a bit but mostly go wild in the dirt.

I would love for your sharing thank you friends !!

IMG-20200925-WA0583.jpeg

I like the flat black, cool look! Welcome!

depending on budget there are a couple key things for kratons. My first reccomendations are:

servo mount(hot racing, just bash it)

new remote, the ones that the kratons come with are very delayed! A dumbo rc remote will do you much better. If you wanna spend a little more money... a dx5 spektrum remo

Center braces preferably 7075.. if you don’t wanna bend your chassis right away haha.

if your going to be jumping hard, I’d get an m2c/just bash it chassis.

make sure to go through and properly shim your diffs! Here’s a perfect video for it :

lots of other things to recommend but here is a good start!

good luck and bash on ??✌?

@Rcproponent hit the nail on the head ? could also go for a higher spec servo and tighten up the servo saver using 14mm circlips

From the get go though, I would definitely swap the STX2 radio and fit some aluminium chassis braces

I also like to fully rebuild my RTR cars to find any complecent factory build flaws, but this isn't necessary

I like the flat black, cool look! Welcome!

depending on budget there are a couple key things for kratons. My first reccomendations are:

servo mount(hot racing, just bash it)

new remote, the ones that the kratons come with are very delayed! A dumbo rc remote will do you much better. If you wanna spend a little more money... a dx5 spektrum remo

Center braces preferably 7075.. if you don’t wanna bend your chassis right away haha.

if your going to be jumping hard, I’d get an m2c/just bash it chassis.

make sure to go through and properly shim your diffs! Here’s a perfect video for it :

lots of other things to recommend but here is a good start!

good luck and bash on ??✌?
Wow bro what an investment thank you very much
@Rcproponent hit the nail on the head ? could also go for a higher spec servo and tighten up the servo saver using 14mm circlips

From the get go though, I would definitely swap the STX2 radio and fit some aluminium chassis braces

I also like to fully rebuild my RTR cars to find any complecent factory build flaws, but this isn't necessary
You have a recommendation for remote and receiver that are good and not so expensive up to $ 100

Whoops, completely forgot the servo haha. A nice red 25k off of amazon or eBay will do much better than stock, but my goto lately has been the powerhobby 729mbl but that thing is a little spendy and might even be a little overkill ??

Whoops, completely forgot the servo haha. A nice red 25k off of amazon or eBay will do much better than stock, but my goto lately has been the powerhobby 729mbl but that thing is a little spendy and might even be a little overkill ??
Which would recommend not that it is not so expensive?

Which would recommend not that it is not so expensive?
One of these will do!

ZOSKAY 35kg high Torque Coreless Motor servo Metal Gear Digital and Stainless Steel Gear servo arduino servo for Robotic DIY,RC car (Control Angle 270°) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S9XZYN2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_NgJBFbYQ11EQJ

Sometimes with a different servo you might have to adjust the servo arm so it sits level, but when it comes time for that just come back. I’ll help if I have to haha just PM me. Always happy to help.

Wow bro what an investment thank you very much

You have a recommendation for remote and receiver that are good and not so expensive up to $ 100

DumboRC X6A transmitter and receiver combo for stupidly cheap. The X6A is the X6 with a grippy and much higher quality feel to it. $40 Canadian so like $ $35 US after shipping an everything. Order a couple extra receivers at the same time as they are cheap and you can toss them in other RCs you have and bind them to the same transmitter.

Banggood is the site. It will take a few weeks to get them from China but they are a great transmitter. Gyro if you want it (useless for a basher), 6 channel, stupidly cheap, 500 meters range and very fast. That's where I got my servos too. I run a cheap $15 KS-3518 20kg metal gear servo that is fast in my 1/10 stuff and I have sprung for a JX Ecoboost for my EXB build. I may just chuck a spare KS-3518 in my Notorious - they are a great little servo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back