Kraton RCP’s Kraton 8S Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been wondering what people do to get a different spur fitted to the k8s.. I noticed the stock one has a keyed opening to it and the limitless spur for example is just round. What exactly was needed to make a different spur fit?
I am running two set screws 180 deg apart (lots of Loctite). The gear has two tapped holes. If that fails I would buy another shaft and drill thru it so I can run a screw thru it and the gear to drive it. not sure what the other guys are doing. I think theres some mods on fb but I'm not on there. I might eventually bite the bullet and go with another motor. Right now I have a Rocket 790(or 780?)kv 56112.

I run a 43T with that setup, although I’m going to change it to either a 34T/34T or a 39T/39T both limitless spurs.
With the castle combo? Nice, ill have to get one. With this Pps mount and the stock spur I can go up to 44T I think?

looks like they may launch an exb line for the k8s...
28E5AAA9-6FD8-4B3A-AB7D-D0028186F54A.png

Nice, are you happy with the performance your getting out of it now?

I have a feeling with that thicker diff fluid in here now that I’m gonna be a whole lot happier with the power it can putdown. I’m sure the castle 2028 will be a step up over the hobbystar 5692 as well ?.

thank you for the input sir ✌?

Nice, are you happy with the performance your getting out of it now?

I have a feeling with that thicker diff fluid in here now that I’m gonna be a whole lot happier with the power it can putdown. I’m sure the castle 2028 will be a step up over the hobbystar 5692 as well ?.

thank you for the input sir ✌?
It’s definitely a monster of a motor! That’s why I’m thinking of going 1:1 gearing, it feels like it has more in it than the 43t can put down. ?

It’s definitely a monster of a motor! That’s why I’m thinking of going 1:1 gearing, it feels like it has more in it than the 43t can put down. ?
Very nice. I’m excited to check it out.

I wonder if they’ll make some hardened steel spur options for this rig seeing as a lot of people are stepping it up in the power department... I’m thinking of doing what another guy on here said to do and getting An extra one of those shafts And drilling it to accept a pin for the spur ...

Very nice. I’m excited to check it out.

I wonder if they’ll make some hardened steel spur options for this rig seeing as a lot of people are stepping it up in the power department... I’m thinking of doing what another guy on here said to do and getting An extra one of those shafts And drilling it to accept a pin for the spur ...

Unnecessary. I run 12s on the stock spur and it looks almost as good as day 1.

Unnecessary. I run 12s on the stock spur and it looks almost as good as day 1.
I didn’t mean to say the stock spur is inadequate. I should rephrase, what I should have said was any different sized aftermarket spur’s. Hardened would just be a bonus.

Stock k8s spur is hardened already. Hit it with a file, hear that squeak? It’s hard. I wanted to take a stock spur and machine the gear off and use the drive as a hub to mount a 35t on it. No way without making a mess of it.

I'm jealous, maybe I should take the plunge for 8s.
Without a doubt, you won’t regret it.

Ok guys, new parts inbound:
JBI 7075 chassis
M2C:
F&R shock shafts
F&R shock pistons
Motor mount block
Servo axle
From hinge pin blocks
Rear hinge pin blocks

Shopping now for a servo... anyone have suggestions ???

Everyone is touting the primal Rc 1/5 scale servo. Cheap on eBay. Mine is in the mail.

ps.
you need the optional tray that Arrma sells to use the primal.

Price is right although I am a newb and don’t know anything about that servo.
l follow and defer to the cats that have been here for a while. Good enough for them, it’s gotta be great for my purposes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back