Kraton My new style body clips.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ilikehosewater

You are in testing phase of course, but a quick glance from my eyes sees a potential issue. The inside has no real provision to hold down the body leaving only the outside part of the foot.
You could bend the foot in say 1/8" then bend back out to give some foot on each side of the post.

I'm not a hardcore basher per se, but I drive hard and am learning to control in mid airand occasionally hit the skatepark
I have...
K8S EXB
Outcast 6S EXB
Typhon TLR
Corally Kronos XTR(same post/pin body mounts, no idea on size of hole and center to center distance)
Rivasl MT10(same post/pin body mounts, no idea on size of hole and center to center distance)

@ilikehosewater

The inside has no real provision to hold down the body leaving only the outside part of the foot.
You could bend the foot in say 1/8" then bend back out to give some foot on each side of the post.

I'm not a hardcore basher per se, but I drive hard and am learning to control in mid airand occasionally hit the skatepark
At this point I've been using them on my Kraton for about 2 weeks with no issue. I guess the question is, how many people rip the body up past the clips? Can anyone weigh in on that? I haven't yet and i've put more than a few yards of distance on mine, while on the roof. lol My first body had holes in the roof.

If thats the case, simply anchoring the helix would provide an enormous increase in area. How to do that? Not positive yet. As far as putting 2 bends that close together as you proposed would require a die set and a coining operation(fingers aren't up to that), and rotation of the clip would render the effort null. That moves this idea to the "probably not feasible" category. Again though, anchoring the helix is the better solution if that becomes an issue.

So, empirical testing it is. I should have a much better idea of how well they function in a couple of weeks. In the mean time, the increase in ease of operation seem to outweigh the possible drawback, at least to myself. As I said earlier in the thread, I've seen more than a few "good ideas" fail testing, this may be one of them.

Happy bashing!
Love those! And you could still attach a rubber tether to the loop.
Absolutely. As you wouldn't be pulling on the tether they might last longer.

Finally got to try these clips. Thank you again. I'm very impressed. These clips are genius. Very easy on and off. I think you have a winner with them. I hope you can find a way to protect your design.
20230428_194925.jpg

Do you plan to have them available in different colors? Like in iodized
I could powder coat them at work but it would change the thickness and probably not enter the Mount holes.unless I'd leave a little off the ends not sprayed..that could work but my OCD would kick in 🤣

Where can I get a set of those. I have a notorious v5 and a kraton v5. Those would be great and a lot easier. I have a dirt track at my house and am always outthere bashing. Thanks

Do you plan to have them available in different colors? Like in iodized
I could powder coat them at work but it would change the thickness and probably not enter the Mount holes.unless I'd leave a little off the ends not sprayed..that could work but my OCD would kick in 🤣
I have tested painted ones with some limited success. The paint does come off the ends after a few uses. Powder would fix that, but I'm not sure about the dia. change. It's something I've been looking into.
Also handy to hang out the way.View attachment 296437
Is that a Banksy print?..Nice!

I have tested painted ones with some limited success. The paint does come off the ends after a few uses. Powder would fix that, but I'm not sure about the dia. change. It's something I've been looking into.

Is that a Banksy print?..Nice!
Well powder coating would solve the issue with paint coming off because I know for a fact that it's durable and strong enough for that not to happen..takes a lot to chip powder coating.been doing it for over 10 years now .even at 1 mill the thickness would interfere with the body post holes.for personal I'd just drill the hole a tad bit .but since your probably going to eventually get these mass produced and that means if you powder coated them then people would need to drill a bigger hole in the posts.thats not convenient for everyone so that's not in your interest.unless🤔.here is a idea of what you could offer along with your clips..how about you sell each pair of powder coated clips and a set of body posts that go along with them.you could make some just for arrma RC the common ones and go from there..or forget all that and just sell your clips the way they are .no paint .which is cool also in my opinion.. making your own body posts would be chill .😁🤟.

Last edited:
Where can I get a set of those. I have a notorious v5 and a kraton v5. Those would be great and a lot easier. I have a dirt track at my house and am always outthere bashing. Thanks
Make your own. Appropriate size steel wrapp round screwdrive an bend to shap

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back