Typhon My new typhon 6s has rear dogbone issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bestnameever

Reaction score
Hi im just wondering if anyone can clarify that the rear dogbones on my brand new out box typhon are normal to be moving left to right just wondering as don't want them to pop out. Any help be appreciated.

It should have front to back play. Like in the cups.
Ok great to know but front is only a tad play but rear is a lot of play moves in the cup alot not drastically but a lot.
Like from rear diff to rear wheel on both sides but if normal that's great just wanted to check thanks

yeah the movement is normal, be aware though, I popped the inner rears out on my Mojave more than once, I have sense changed them out for GPM cvd's

Ok great to know but front is only a tad play but rear is a lot of play moves in the cup alot not drastically but a lot.
Like from rear diff to rear wheel on both sides but if normal that's great just wanted to check thanks
It's entirely normal, don't worry. The rears are "dogbone" driveshafts and are designed to have play on both sides so they don't get squashed and bent when the suspension is at work

The fronts are CVD driveshafts. They have a ball joint that ties to the wheels' side axle and have ~no play on this side. If they were dogbones instead, they'll be more likely to pop out because of suspension AND steering angles

Front driveshafts are much better off as CVDs. You could also use CVDs in the rear, but they're more expensive and not necessary

While dogbone side play is completely normal, I prefer to run CVDs in the rear. Just buy a set of front CVDs and install them in the rear and you won’t have to worry about losing dogbones again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back