Notorious My Notorious first (re)build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L3phturn

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Notorious
Well I ought to start this. I got everything torn down and the diffs serviced. Diffs back in and I’m building it back up. I will document my process.

Dry fitting the metal servo mount and testing the cheap but insane fan I wired up. I just cut the ESC power wire and spliced it all together. I soldered just a bit and heat shrinked the joins. Even on 6v it moves a ton of air. Not the final mount of course, just using it to examine mounting options motor wire routes.

2E18438E-D7F9-49EB-85D9-DABF9C94FC85.jpeg

C294DC28-036A-4C62-8C51-85B8D203D8EC.jpeg

The KS-3518 servo I put in is a bit taller. Cheap Banggood mount. It had spacers for under the posts but they were not quite thick enough. I used M4 nuts instead, worked great. Refit it for wire routing.

43F87D8C-7B72-43F3-9FB0-9BC9136814EC.jpeg

8BD0254D-B790-4045-BBD5-CCACFD53EA46.jpeg

That’s it for now. Put on the shock covers I bought from EBay. They are really simple so my girlfriend will make
Me some for my son’s Kraton EXB.
C4BC4FD4-07B0-487D-9D55-AC5FCED88417.jpeg

I already did almost all of the bearings with sealed ones. Need to do the input gears front and rear yet. I will dremel off the switch mount on the side guard too as I turned the ESC sideways and dremeled the ridge off of the mount plate for more clearance and better wire routing.

I got a tub of Red N Tacky and greased the ring and pinion gears.

For the RPM rear skid and bumper/skid stacked - should I try it like this, build some sort of an angled piece between the two? Run it like this?

I put 16 mm screws in it to handle the extra depth.

348E6524-EF6B-4B21-8424-DD4F557D568E.jpeg

I got a tub of Red N Tacky and greased the ring and pinion gears.

For the RPM rear skid and bumper/skid stacked - should I try it like this, build some sort of an angled piece between the two? Run it like this?

I put 16 mm screws in it to handle the extra depth.

View attachment 116885
About this stack. Not sure this a good idea in the rear. That's a lot of open flat area to grab onto stuff. I know it's close to the screws, but that bumper skid needs to be sloped do its on a similar angle to the smaller skid. Probably nothing really, just my opinion at first glance.

About this stack. Not sure this a good idea in the rear. That's a lot of open flat area to grab onto stuff. I know it's close to the screws, but that bumper skid needs to be sloped do its on a similar angle to the smaller skid. Probably nothing really, just my opinion at first glance.

Snow bashing right now so less concerned, but I have been thinking about how to deal with it. I figure I’ll dremel grind it into a smooth angle.

Almost cheapest to buy a another body from Jenny,45ish $$$...buy the time you buy the roll bar an body pins separately it'll end up costing you about 30-40$ just for the parts to go on the body...

Almost cheapest to buy a another body from Jenny,45ish $$$...buy the time you buy the roll bar an body pins separately it'll end up costing you about 30-40$ just for the parts to go on the body...
Plus I can actually get a body from Jennys where as the roll bar parts... nope.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back