Kraton My opinion of the 4s hot racing shock bodies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only reason why my driveshafts looks happy is the are brand new, lol. Snapped the left rear cv pins in 1/2 within 10mins after servicing the stock slipper.

I was searching if hot racing was selling spare parts for their producst and found nothing maybe im doing something wrong. So if your shocks ever get damaged you wont be able to remplace the broken part. I kinda regret getting the hot racing bodies while i could have spend the extra 15$ for typhon shocks who you can by every single part of it
im not saying the shocks are bad but you never know what can happen if a part inside the shock breaks or something. You wont be able to remplace it
Even if an specific rc part will never break it is always good to know that you can buy the part.

Last edited:
I was searching if hot racing was selling spare parts for their producst and found nothing maybe im doing something wrong. So if your shocks ever get damaged you wont be able to remplace the broken part. I kinda regret getting the hot racing bodies while i could have spend the extra 15$ for typhon shocks who you can by every single part of it
im not saying the shocks are bad but you never know what can happen if a part inside the shock breaks or something. You wont be able to remplace it
Even if an specific rc part will never break it is always good to know that you can buy the part.
Yep that’s the bad part about HR. No parts. No support. No warranty. Easy way to fix that is buy another set from amazon and return the old ones. Sucks to have to be shady, but they don’t offer a viable alternative.

Yep that’s the bad part about HR. No parts. No support. No warranty. Easy way to fix that is buy another set from amazon and return the old ones. Sucks to have to be shady, but they don’t offer a viable alternative.
Unfortunatly theres no hot racing on amazon.ca i think
Edit there is but not the shocks
I hope they don't crap on me for some spectacular reason-_-
Kidna stupid to not sell any spares specially their diffs if yptheir diff seal breaks omg?????

I decided to go to 30wt oil because 25 was way too light and this rime i decided to take a closer look to what come sout of the bleeder valve and..... is that alluminum particules? I saved the previous and sure enough there is shiny dots under my flashlight
I hope its just some residue of the shock when it was machined but remember i flushed the 40wt then i went to 32.5
IMG_1428.JPG

I really don't want to take everythi apart again but i think the metal dots comes from the shock body against the cardtrige when you screw it in
I think its not a big deal so

What is the overall opinion of these shocks? Better than originals or just leak less than originals?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back