Outcast My Outcast Build....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I emailed Arrma outlining the difference between the web site and the manual.
This was the response.

Good morning,

We are happy to hear you're enjoying the vehicle.

We have been using 10k oil in all 3 diffs with great luck.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Sincerely
Sheldon
Product Support Technician
So are they saying the manual and website are wrong and they are using 10k in everything lol, so I guess u did upgrade. How is the 30k working for you

Installing new servo and voltage hobbies aluminum servo mount....love me some beautiful aluminum..lol
Found that I needed to file the corner a little so it wouldn't hit the driveshaft. But great product from Voltage Hobbies. Also replaced metal bushings in bell crank with bearings...build is coming along

Yea
So are they saying the manual and website are wrong and they are using 10k in everything lol, so I guess u did upgrade. How is the 30k working for you
Pretty average !!
Waiting on a diff housing she's leaking oil out the back opposite end to the gasket the metal eyelet has come free. It's supposed to be fixed ??
Don't know if it's the thicker oil or just thrashing ??
Might try 20k when I pick up the new housing.
I love the truck though something about 6s rolling backflips with grunt under your finger.
Cheers and thanks for your help !!!!
I'll let you know how many runs I get with 20k and rebuilt Centre diff.

Question should I run stock pinion which I think is 12t..or run a 16t...plan on running 4s only
I'm running stock pinion on 6s and 4s and having fun. Obviously the 6s has some grunt. I'd try upping the punch on the esc to 7 and give it a go on the stock 12 tooth if you still need more grunt use the 16tooth.

Finally shims came today, now I can finish shimming diffs. Smc battery is here, extra motor mount here so I can cut down and replace plastic center diff holder with aluminum. Then maiden run this week I hope.

Finally shims came today, now I can finish shimming diffs. Smc battery is here, extra motor mount here so I can cut down and replace plastic center diff holder with aluminum. Then maiden run this week I hope.
Are you using Mugen shims? Which SMC are you using, just curious.

Ordered arrma ar709024....hope that is right. Smc battery is true spec premium 14.8v 6700mah 131amps/90c extended capacity 4s pack

That's the shims for behind the planetary gears.
Not sure on shims, are they all the same size? The online description is kind of weird. That battery will likely give you long run times.

They are the spider gear shims, ugh...I need the sun gear shims..I also noticed how the little orange oring does not seat very good...definitely need the sun gear shims....going to have find the mugen shim kit and spend some money. Rich duperbash I put the typhon tbone Racing front bumper on...I left the little bumper behind it made it really stiff...how did you do yours?

They are the spider gear shims, ugh...I need the sun gear shims..I also noticed how the little orange oring does not seat very good...definitely need the sun gear shims....going to have find the mugen shim kit and spend some money. Rich duperbash I put the typhon tbone Racing front bumper on...I left the little bumper behind it made it really stiff...how did you do yours?
Well at least you have extra spider shims as you add 2 extra for total of 6 per diff. The Tbone plastic is very stiff. I put my Typhon Tbone over the stock mini bumper. The mini bumper needs to stay on to retain and stabilize front A arm pins, otherwise they'll come forward and fall out. A trick for the diff o ring is to lightly oil or grease press into place, sandwich oiled shim on top, use a 1/2" socket or something hard and tubular to press onto shim while you slowly insert input. This keeps the o ring from popping out until you put pin in and finally place planetary gear.

What's funny is I never had a problem with mine until after I read about someone else having a problem! That little bugger just kept popping out. That's when I started using the socket. If you keep steady pressure on the shim you can twist the input in without it moving. Good luck, hope you get the bigger shims soon.

Do you know the part number for the mugen...tower has a set is this correct?

Sorry guys found the right forum on the correct part numbers...

Those are the right shims. PS I forgot something. I swapped the mini bumper off my Typhon and used that on my Outcast, cuz I busted my original Outcast one. It's the same style as Kraton mini bumper. Now I see what you're saying about the tight fit. Use your best judgement, may need to modify or get mini bumper.

Installing new servo and voltage hobbies aluminum servo mount....love me some beautiful aluminum..lol
Found that I needed to file the corner a little so it wouldn't hit the driveshaft. But great product from Voltage Hobbies. Also replaced metal bushings in bell crank with bearings...build is coming along

Can you tell this newby where these bushings are fitted and how i can replace them? Thanx!

Can you tell this newby where these bushings are fitted and how i can replace them? Thanx!

There's 4 brass bushings in the steering assembly up front that can be replaced with sealed bearings. They're below the screws that secure the front mudflaps. There's an exploded diagram at the back of the manual.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back